+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Are there rules about what to wear when you pick kids up from school?

Are there? I have never been one to judge what other mums wear. I bought a new pair of wedges recently (about a 5cm "heel") and I thought they were so cute I really wanted to wear them even though I was just doing basic "mum" stuff for the day. So I wore them with jeans and a jacket and at school pick-up I was sized up by a group of mums and one of them whispered (but clearly meant for me to hear) that I was overdressed and "trying too hard".

What the? I wasn't wearing stilettos, just a pair of canvas wedges! Have I broken some unwritten rules?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Crazy people.

Not that you need to justify what you're wearing anyway, but maybe you had been at work or out to lunch or something.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Grebbeci For This Useful Post:

SpecialPatrolGroup  (08-08-2012)

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    *cough* Jealous *cough*

5. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MrJones&Me For This Useful Post:

Blue&Pink  (08-08-2012),Cazza1981  (08-08-2012),Chillies  (08-08-2012),delirium  (08-08-2012),Eko  (08-08-2012),Ffrenchknickers  (08-08-2012),Happy2be3  (08-08-2012),HugsBunny  (08-08-2012),~BEXTER~  (08-08-2012),~ElectricPink~  (08-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Rules pfft! I often go dressed up in 'Pin Up' style complete with 50's dress, heels etc. Why should I not get the chance to dress up if I want I get comments all positive to my face (although I'm sure there's probably some negative behind my back) but hey I love it, the little girls all love my outfits and shoes etc. It's not harming anyone so dress up, wear what you want and who cares what anyone else thinks
    Last edited by OM; 08-08-2012 at 11:45. Reason: Wanted to add some smilies lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenhorn View Post
    *cough* Jealous *cough*
    This Dress how you like, as long as youre comfortable

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope, I say go for it. Some days I feel like getting dressed up a bit too and others will comment on it but never any nastiness (I don't think). Seems like they were just being catty; ignore it and enjoy your wedges!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sheesh how mean girls! Next time just wear stilettos, give her a wink and say 'no trying here honey'!

Clearly intimidated and jealous or just a weirdo.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Becks23  (08-08-2012),GlitterFarts  (08-08-2012),Maybelline  (08-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would guess that you looked so amazing that they were simply jealous!! Don't worry about it!

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    School Mum Mafia.

Its crazy how bad the mums get. Me and my hairdresser (whos kid went to the same school as mine) had a discussion about what we wear on school runs. She admitted she goes home and dresses down before heading to the school and I admitted I do too. We said we wished we could just wear what we want.
    The very next day, I saw her walking into the school wearing 'her style' and I was soo proud of her......her style is rockabilly/punk/goth/punk all rolled into one. She was wearing massive chunky black boots (something Kiss wears), black tights, a black tutu skirt and a rockabilly shirt. The day after that she wore a full rockabilly dress complete with kitten heels...she looked amazing and I was soooo jealous!

Point of my story, wear what you want to wear and eff those other mums. I do that now and I feel much better about myself and who I am

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

Jenemi  (08-08-2012),~ElectricPink~  (08-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'm pretty lucky that I only bump into the mums and dads who work full-time. Our kids are the first there and the last to be picked up. I find the group extremely supportive, we've all got different jobs so wear different attire but I couldn't imagine any of us commenting on what one of the others are wearing.

I haven't met many of the other parents TBH, only a handful of times. It's a nice little school, mostly multi cultural. A lot of the mothers wear a full burqua (as in, you can't even see their faces) and I've never heard of an issue because I know the principal would whoop anyone who commented on such insignificant things.