+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Evening Primrose Oil and ovulation

Has anyone found that taking EPO has affected their ovulation?

I have heard only good things about it re: increasing CM and it's definitely done that, but today I read somewhere that it can also delay ovulation?

Does anyone have any experience?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mine was the normal time as per the calendar on apps. I haven't read that anywhere, also about clomid and soy isoflavones etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The last few cycles I have gotten a pos OPK on day 11 and o'd day 12. This is the first cycle I have taken epo. Day 11 today, and no positive OPK. Interestingly, my ovacue told me on Sunday that I would o on Saturday. I still expected to o on Thursday, but it looks like the ovacue might be right.

I was saying this month that my cycle was too short, looks like I may have extended it a little
    Last edited by Lil Smurfy; 08-08-2012 at 18:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You know my answer yep delay of 5 days!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thanks all. It's delayed my ovulation as well. Was due to O on Monday and got a positive OPK today so will have been delayed by 3-4 days.

Why can't they put these things boldly on the label?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You'd think they could warn us. I'm taking 2000mg hopefully it'll only be delayed by a couple of days.

I feel for you rainbow. Everything was timed perfectly and epo has stuffed it up :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    You'd think they could warn us. I'm taking 2000mg hopefully it'll only be delayed by a couple of days.

I feel for you rainbow. Everything was timed perfectly and epo has stuffed it up :-(
    Yeah, really not cool.

I feel stupid for messing with my body. I thought I was helping it out. Guess not

Leaving it alone next cycle (if we're even able to inseminate)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also when I was on 3000mg I got ewcm when I was supposed to o but none when I did so frustrating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FelH View Post
    Also when I was on 3000mg I got ewcm when I was supposed to o but none when I did so frustrating.

Another day, another cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I thought I'd let you know my experience as its the opposite of what a lot f people say! I started EPO to increase EWCM and help with my skin and PMS, I have a fairly long normal cycle of 32 days with a luteal phase of 14 days,
    after a month of taking EPO I had a 26 day cycle then a 25 day cycle (wasn't charting as I was interstate so I don't know if/when I ovulated). I hated the fact that I was thrown off regular and after talking to a naturopath was told that it is often used to SHORTEN cycles and 'regulates' irregular hormones and cycles (lengthening if very irregularly short) but can also mess with those with steady cycles and can cause shortening of luteal length if ovulation happens on the same cycle day. I was very shocked and stopped straight away, I'm now taking fish oil for EWCM so not to mess with my cycle!