+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Smile Waters broke the first time, what about the second/third/fourth ect.?

Hey ladies!
    I'm Pregnant with my second and got to thinking about labour (even though thats ages away... although time flies when your waddleing at a hundred miles after your toddler who is on a mission to eat the horse feed)

My first labour started when my waters broke. How about yours? Did it happen the same way in all your labours?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing, I am curious too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My first my waters broke, went to the hospy, then 18hrs later DS was born. Second time it was just a normal smooth labour, contractions started blah blah blah, got closer and closer..... then after 16hrs waters broke then 14mins later DD was born.

Thanks
    Reviews
    First labour my waters broke and ds1 was born 2.5 hrs later. Second labour with ds2 had my waters broken after 4hrs of non regular contractions and bubs presenting really small. He was born within the hour at a healthy 6p 11.

Good luck with your pregnancy and yep it's much different being pregnant and running after a toddler

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first baby I woke up at 6am in bed and thought I had wet myself! When I cottoned on to what was happening and got out of bed my waters had well and truly broken in a gush. Contractions didn't start until around 7 hours later and DD was born at 12am.

My second baby I woke up in the middle of the night with early contractions and was in labour at home for 20 hours before heading to the hospital. It turns out DD was posterior and I hadn't even thought much of the back pain I'd been experiencing. The ob broke my waters about 30 mins after arriving at hospital and DD practically came flying out 25 minutes later!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies! Was it faster for anyone else when there contractions started first? When my waters broke at 6pm, mild contractions started immediatly after but I didn't have him till 7pm the next day (thanks to arriving at the hospital and them sending husband home, given sleeping tablets and told to "sleep it off")