Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lisylou I'm just about 12 weeks

Me 32 / DH 36
    2013 March FET PGD, Bondi Protocol + Intralipid BFP

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi77 View Post
    Thanks for that Crofty I was getting a lil lost on where everyone was up to & who was still on
    Good luck to you, Lite & B123 for your EPU hoping you all get some good numbers!
    congrats & good luck to Cheals & Lissyloulou sending you heaps of sticky vibes!
    Scruffy how you going?? you should be around 16 weeks now are you starting to show?
    Romy - good luck for your 12 week scan (are you booked in for next week?)
    Kaaz - how you going?? Hope you're well

AFM - 15 weeks & time feels like its going pretty quick...diet has gone out the window meaning I am eating everything in site & lots of it...I used to be soooo disciplined...
    Dr M has only taken me down to 30mg Prednisolone which I'm worried is too high for how far I am along, haven't been told to reduce further yet...still on 3 x pessaries & 40mg clexane..I'll have to hit him up on the 19th to see when he will be doing the next NK marker bloods as I haven had any since falling pregnant ...
    Bella how did you ween down & at what weeks and did you have to have any bloods to check your NK levels again?

Hi to all the other ladies hope everyone is doing well whatever stage you're up too!

Kiwi.

Me 35 DH 33

Trying since 2009
    4 IVF cycles: 4 chemicals, 3 BFN - 7 goes in total.
    Lucky # 8 - Feb 2013 PGD + Dr M's protocol with Intralipids and finally my BFP Due Oct 2013
    Hi all, Happy Mum's-to-be Day! Great to hear all the good news and hope it continues.
    Kiwi 77 - great to hear you're going well. I'm at week 16 tomorrow, on clexane 40, 400mg x 2/day prog pessaries. Dr M has reduced my prednisolone over the past 3 weeks from 35mg to 20mg (20mg from last Thurs). I have been over-eating but trying to do some light exercise. Have had no further NK blood tests, will ask Dr M about this on 19/5 at the hospital. My obstetrician has been supportive of Dr M's regime and wants me to have a diabetes test at around week 19/20 at the time of my next scan. Best wishes to all,
    Kaz 999

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Crofty,
    Thanks for asking after me, have been slack with communication.

Have got results from Dr M- hysteroscopy+ blood tests:- clean opening, no fibroids or blockages or evidence of endo - so all good. However CD 56 NK cells risen to 50% (since last test 2 years ago at 29%), approx. 550 per single high power field. So thats very high. Also Dr M says my TH1 cells are out of ratio with my TH2 meaning the cells that camouflage the embryo are not working, and with high /nk cells anyway they're never going to make it....

So in a way its a relief to know the problem!

My first treatment with Dr M has started, I'm on:
    - Dexamethasone 1 x 3 per day. I was on 20mg prednisolone (I was also taking Traumeel homeopathic tablets) but that drove me crazy and now have far less side effects. Dr M says Dexamethasone is ok alternative to prednisolone.
    - clexane 40mg 1 injection per day;
    - caltrate plus;
    - women's supplements (folate etc).

- will be going on Doxicyclene later this week for this other thing i've been diagnosed with.
    - am day 10 tomorrow so will prob have intrallipids some time later this week depending on how blood tests go.
    - Dr M says change to IvIG if positive only (due to cost, no argument there);
    - am doing 'natural' IUI cycle not IVF.

Am in Sydney, my fs is Dr P I.....worth(less) at IVF aust. Haven't told him about DrM, not really interested in his opinion anyway. It was my naturopath who suggested Dr M after actually reading my results from last 6 years of TTC (more than I can say for fs who didn't bother until i insisted!).

DrM also suggested door eggs due to my age but there's no evidence there's any problem, have always had good egg numbers and embryos to transfer - just that nothing ever survived in there once it was transferred!

Will keep you all up to date with progress, I do enjoy this thread.

Happy wife and partner day! my DH decided to re-name it!

love,
    flowers8

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck for this morning crofty!! I'm always so happy to get to epu and get the village you've been growing out so they can work their magic and have a date in the lab, hubby and I say my girls and his guys are 'going out to dinner' wink wink and wooing each other all morning
    Last edited by lissyloulou; 13-05-2013 at 07:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Flowers, did you have to send bloods to Chicago? It 's just I did bloods in aust and can't recall any th1 or th2 results. Not sure if dr m just didn't mention it as it was normal for me or he doesn't test that in aust. My blood test nk cells came up at 46% so very high too, but not sure if it was cd56 etc like what you said.

All the best with your upcoming cycle

Side note, anyone know if you can use the little emoticons such as 'good vibes' on iPhone? I only know how to hand type a smiley face lol. Flowers, I wanted to add a big 'good vibes' to my good wishes for you
    Last edited by lissyloulou; 13-05-2013 at 07:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Romy Sydney View Post
    Hi lisylou I'm just about 12 weeks
    I guess you've started to tell people Romy?! How exciting!!! Will you find out if boy or girl or leave for the big surprise? We've always said a surprise but who knows when it actually happens if we could hold out.
    During your many previous cycles did you get any chemical pregnancies or frozen embryos? Did you ever face any quality issues along the way? I just ask as it gives me so much hope to see someone get over the line after so many times. This has been our 8th transfer with only 1 chem ever, I shouldn't really count the 3 x iui as they were a waste of time. And maybe in reality so have previous 7 transfers without dr m's protocol!
    Good health & wishes to you (insert good vibes smiley face here lol)
    Last edited by lissyloulou; 13-05-2013 at 07:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wooeee!! Just got the emoticons app on iPhone so seeing if they work here, doesn't have my favourite good vibes BH one though...
    🌈🚲🍓💉🌷🐷 ahh these make no sense for BH lol, well the needle does....
    here's one I can use for praying to the fertility gods for us all!🙏

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi lissylou,
    no, bloods didn't go to chicago, just sydney. I did request printout of results which they sent. So i can see cd56 very high, cd57 he says is ok. Now that i check the report i can't see TH1 or TH2 results - hmmm, maybe that was what I thought they were called from Dr Beers book? anyway, he said 'the cells' that camouflage the embryo were out of ratio with the nk cells. maybe i got the technical term wrong... i suppose if he didn't mention it its not a problem for you??

looks like i'm on for intrallipids this saturday. Would be better if sooner since I'll probably have transfer/insemination that day or shortly after depending on my bloods. DrM said best to have intrallipids 5 days before transfer/insemination.

Thanks for the good vibes! sending them back...

cheers!

and good vibes to all...

flowers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Flowers, good idea about requesting a copy of results, so hard to take it all in over phone!

Crofty, hope you are recovering well from epu and things went ok🌻

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by crofty View Post
    Hi All, thought I'd have a go at the roll call - happy for anyone to amend/change/remove. It's getting busy in here and thought everyone would like to know where everyone is up to with our journey's with NK protocols! Hope it's ok?

On a break/between cycles
    Festivalgirl
    April 78
    Helenmac
    Earthpower
    Zakmik
    Mayflower
    Flowers8
    MrsErinR
    Sandy1
    Sweetlemonade
    Hope06

Biopsy’s, laparoscopy’s and, hysteroscopy’s/waiting on NK BTs
    B123 – waiting on Chicago BTs
    TimeToShine – waiting on laparoscopy and hysteroscopy results

Cycle Underway – jabbing/sniffing/EPU
    B123 – cycling
    Crofty – EPU 13/5
    Litefantastic – EPU 31/5

TWW
    Cheals – BT 15/5
    Lissyloulou – BT ???

UTD
    Bella978 – June 2013
    Lillac – Aug 2013
    Kiwi – Oct 2013
    Scruffy - Oct 2013
    RomySydney – Nov 2013???

NK Cell protocol graduates!!! (Haven’t added already proud mummies – do you think we should???)
    Nat84u – DS Feb 13

HI everyone, I have been a little quiet of late but please add me to the role call. I am starting IVF/ICI cycle # 3 tomorrow morning with yet another new protocol- back to antagonist cycle but this time with Elonva, Puregon, orgalutran, clexane, progesterone.....we are dropping Saizen for this cycle. I hope this is the right move. I am a little nervous about this as at least I did have a couple of really nice embryos last cycle - March 2013. Can not decide if one or two embies should be tranferred (I realise this would depend on the embies at the time). I would love everyone's feedback about whether you have been transferring one or two embies during your cycles...... Fingers crossed
    Last edited by Fleur L; 14-05-2013 at 21:51. Reason: typo