Closed Thread
Page 85 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sandy, after doing 18 stim cycles and having raised my concerns regarding immune issues many times only to fall on deaf ears, I only wish I knew about Dr M and did the immune testing earlier. My feeling is that whilst the testing and his immune protocols may be expensive I am sure that it would be way cheaper than what we have spent to date. After reading Dr Beers book and a transcript from an interview he did in 2005, for me with endometriosis and high Cd56 and cd57 NK cells my feeling now is that all of my previous cycles were a huge waste of money as without the immune protocol Dr Beer suggests that woman like myself cannot sustain a pregnancy and eventually don't even get pregnant at all due to the NK cells becoming more potent and attacking our precious embryos before they even have a chance to implant. It is your body and your money and only you can make the decision that is right for you. It does sound like your FS is at least open to the idea of immune issues whereas many other FS are not.

I will see if I can somehow post Dr Beers transcript as I found it very interesting and others on here may do as well. I have my phone consult with the wonderful Dr M today. Good luck to all the ladies, wherever you are at in this crazy journey

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't seem to attach the file but for those that are interested if you google Dr Beer 2004 transcript it comes up as the first link

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry sandy I meant 35mg ( 6 tablets) pred

Me 32 / DH 36
    #12 March FET PGD, Bondi Protocol + Intralipid BFP

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh not having much luck ..corrextion 6.. Then 7 on pregnancy..

Me 32 / DH 36

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi bella
    how are you? You must be getting sooo excited now have you finished work so u can rest??? How is the gestational diabetes treating you..all ok??
    I am now 10 weeks + 3 now and had first OB today.. Had been 2 weeks since last scan and I was soo happy/ relieved / amazed to see it moving around, kicking and when I giggled to see it move more..
    It's starting to feel real .. 12 week scan is a big milestone for me soo I'm really looking forward to that now and then we will share our news with friends/ extended family.

Me 32 / DH 36

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, well I had my phone consult with Dr M last night. It almost didn't happen though as it was scheduled for 5pm but he didn't call until 630pm?? We had organised for our DS to be looked after so that we could talk without being interrupted but unfortunately Dr M phoned 10 mins after my husband left to get our DS so he missed most of the conversation and then when he got home he had to entertain DS so I could hear what Dr M was saying!

Anyway, Dr M suspects that other than the NK cell issue I almost certainly have some other immune issues going on and thinks he can help us. He is requesting two panels of immune tests to be done, one in Australia and one in Chicargo. He has also asked for me to get a transvaginal abdominal scan done ASAP. He thinks my AMH is good so wants us to hold off on thinking about a donor as he suspects I will have the same issues with donor eggs as I would my own. It sounds crazy but I got off the phone feeling slightly elated that somebody has finally told me that something is wrong with me and that it isnt just bad luck! It is also very exciting to hear that with the right treatment our chances of having another child are good.

For the Brisbane ladies (not sure if there are many), I asked him his opinion on Genea, given that in the media recently they claim that their culture media increases chances of pregnancy by 27%. He told me that he believes QFG use the same culture media, which is interesting because when I spoke to Genea they told me they were the only IVF clinic licensed to use it, meaning we would have to travel to do a cycle with them.

Has anybody compared prices to send their bloods to Chicargo? Are they all apx the same. Does anybody know whether one company is better than another or has anybody had problems with doing this in the past? Just want to make sure I get this right so that we can get our results as soon as possible.

Good luck to everyone, wherever you are at in your cycles and pregnancies
    Last edited by Hope06; 03-05-2013 at 08:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi, so sorry for not posting sooner, I do want to add a bit about my experience and will when up to it. We have just had a terrible shock yesterday. Our beautiful little 6 month old cat Rocky was hit by a car and died. I have not stopped crying, he was our little son and a ray of sunshine in our life when we badly needed it. My husband is beside himself, we are both devastated. I had no idea how much I could love an animal until he came into our life. We adopted him from the RSPCA on New Year's Eve and we think he had been abused as he hissed and hid behind doors for days, but he quickly trusted us and he became the most loving beautiful little companion. It was so rewarding to see the change in him and he brought love and warmth back into our lives which were littered with the pain all of you know only too well.
    We will never forget him.

I'm due to go in for egg collection on Monday, it's all pretty overwhelming right now. So glad to see last post about QFG culture media...I'll be a great guinea pig next week for that as I had shocking results for past couple of stims with monash and was also contemplating flying to genea for same reasons.
    I'll write more later, but quickly I will say to sandy I wouldn't bother with sacks either. His bondi protocol is no different than the fs you are with and in his words, why do you think you'll get any better results by flying to the famous gavin sacks. I know others may have had good experiences with him, but I had a horrible experience, he nearly reduced me to tears and was not helpful at all, very cold to us. He told me I needed to get a handle on my emotions, it was just really awful considering the position we were in - we were desperate and hurting! I don't think he meant to be malicious, perhaps he was having a bad day. Just my experience though. Anyway, the meds Kee has you on are almost as much as me now, I'm on 25mg pred. We loved Kee but just really needed a change and even felt like perhaps a lab change (ie. scientists) might help as we had much better results at city fertility, although granted it was 2 years previous. I believe when doing things like icsi the experience of the scientist must have a bearing on the results. I don't know, maybe we are grasping at straws, but I was happy to find out that dr wazza has had some of the same scientists with him for 30 years. And then to just read then about the culture media then has given me more hope. I'll definately keep you posted about my results each day next week. At least Kee is open to hearing about Dr M's protocol, I think he is just a little more cautious - and we are at the end of the line where we just want to go for it and throw caution out the window.
    So that did turn into a mammoth post, I am such a motormouth.
    I also want to reiterate what everyone else has said to Helen. Thankyou so much from the bottom of my heart for starting this thread. My heart goes out to you and I pray you find peace and happiness in your life. You are a very generous person and a pray life gives you what you need to adapt and be happy. I might soon be facing a donor situation, and if you are still reading this and it's not too much too ask might want to ask a few questions one day. If you just want to put it behind you though i totally understand. I will PM you should we come to that point, hopefully that will still reach your email address.

How are you other girls going cycling now? Must be egg pick up soon for you crofty & cheals. Anyone else?

Rest in peace my beautiful little Rocky boy.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lissyloulou For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (03-05-2013)

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I am blown away by all the beautiful messages from you all. Thank you so VERY much it has touched me deeply.

I'm going ok. A bit up and down but that's to be expected. This morning my AF showed up (I suspect delayed by the prednisolone) so I'm feeling a bit down. I dropped DS at pre-school and was just feeling sad seeing all the prams with 2nd, 3rd etc children, I held it together but came home and had a little cry. Other day's I have been coping ok. I know if I wasn't a mum already then it would be a whole different story. I'm SO BLESSED to have my DS.

We might look at getting a puppy in a few months time but are getting 2 chickens first!!! The neighbors are moving out and are giving them to us so we have to build an chook pen. It'll be nice to have an egg a day and more compost for the garden.

I just wanted to wish each and every one of you all the very best for your treatment and cycles and I truly hope that you all achieve success and experience the path of motherhood. I won't be around much anymore as it will delay my healing and acceptance being on the forums too much.

I find great comfort knowing that I have set up this area for so much info to be shared on Reproductive Immunology, for women to support and guide each other. It gives enormous satisfaction knowing this and enables me to move towards closure & the end of my journey.......

Over and out! Helen xxx

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Lissylou - We posted at the same time. I'm so very sorry to hear about the sudden passing of your cat, what a horrible shock! Rest in peace Rocky. Take good care of yourselves.
    I am here if you have any questions. Yes, probably best to PM me and you can find my email address there. Wishing you all the very best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lissyloulou - I am so sorry to hear about your cat. I can only imagine how sad this is for you right now. All the best with your egg pick up. I am looking forward to hearing how you go

I contacted Wazza's rooms today only to find that I can't get an appointment with him until end of November. He is obviously in high demand. I asked his receptionist if she could confirm they are using the new culture media however she didn't know anything about it. She is going to speak to the scientists and get back to me, so once I know for sure I will let you know