Closed Thread
Page 83 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    One question for us Elevated NK cell ladies - I understand that prednisone can retain fluid, and that we can't take anti inflammatories to reduce fluid build up - does anyone know if krill oil is harmful when TTC??? It's just that my knee has been swelling up over the last week (I've had problems with knees and hips - old injuries) and I want to continue to exercise - so want to try and do this as pain free as possible obviously (ive also started swimming once a week so that should help my exercise regime) especially since prednisone will more than likely increase weight (I'm not overweight by any means) just trying to contain it - any suggestions more than welcome!!!

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

It's a confirmed BFN. I received my blood test results today.

I have peace that I tried EVERYTHING possible to have a 2nd child and can do no more. Time for us to move on with the rest of our lives!!!

All the very best to you all.

Helen x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear - you put your all into giving DS a sibling - Big hugs to you, DH and DS Helenmac xoxo Crofty

4. The Following User Says Thank You to crofty For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (30-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thinking of you Helen and wish you all the best with moving forward with your family of three.

A big thank you for starting this thread and know that your journey helped so many others

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Scruffy For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (01-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My GP suggested to foot soak using Epson salt soak (like a natural DHEA) as that is good for egg quality thought that might interest you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleur L View Post
    HI Tigger, what are the Epsom salts supposed to do? I'm not completely clear.
    They are the same thing as DHEA but a natural form. So they improve eggs not sure whether quality or quantity. Basically its a natural form of DHEA rather than a drug which can potentially cause cancer (I think). The epson salts go into bucket or foot bath with water and soak feet which gets absorbed through the skin

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear that Helenmac. Big hugs to you, you have certainly done everything you could! Thank you so much for sharing your journey and starting this thread. All the best for the future xoxo

10. The Following User Says Thank You to timetoshine For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (01-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by helenmac View Post
    Hi Ladies,

It's a confirmed BFN. I received my blood test results today.

I have peace that I tried EVERYTHING possible to have a 2nd child and can do no more. Time for us to move on with the rest of our lives!!!

All the very best to you all.

Helen x
    That is probably the hardest decision you ever have to make. I know there comes a time when we all have to move on and we are also nearly there. We were refused adoption, have been trying for almost 10 years and although we would rather have had adopted children than doing IVF we still end up having to have it so that we have tried everything first. There is a great book Sour grapes which I read and although it made me cry was very helpful in taking the first steps to acceptance.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to T1gger For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (01-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oooohh April - can I have??? I've been looking for a copy and can't find it anywhere!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry Helen - I dont know what else to say. I hope you and your family are doing OK xx

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy1 For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (01-05-2013)