Closed Thread
Page 79 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi again, sorry you are probably already sick of me clogging up this thread!
    Quick question - do you girls take naprogesic for period pain if you are in a cycle? I've just heard it's not good for fertility for some reason and get paranoid it's going to stuff something up. I am in terrible pain today, and I had panadeine last night instead but it never seems to target it as well as naprogesic

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Lissyloulou - You didn't offend me in the slightest. It didn't enter my mind. We are all at different stages in our journey. I remember having to come to terms with using donor eggs and I struggled at the beginning, it took time to accept it and went through many talks with my sister for a whole year before I decided to go with her eggs. BOY am I glad I did!! I wouldn't be blessed with my gorgeous DS otherwise. Unfortunately she couldn't donate again hence our decision to go with SA international donor programme. In regards to the prednisolone I too have insommia with it. The best tips are to take it first thing in the morning and the odd sleeping pill if you have a few nights of bad sleep. Dr. M said that he would prefer that I have the odd sleeping pill then having less then 6 hours sleep a night - that is much worse on your body! For pain relief I only have panadol. Not sure about naprogesic cause it's an anti-anflammatory drug and you are already having the correct dosage with the steriod - Keep in mind you do need 'some' inflammation for implantation. To remove it all is not good which is why IVIg and intriplids are suggested to have 2 weeks prior to transfer. Wishing you well on your next cycle.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to helenmac For This Useful Post:

lissyloulou  (24-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks helen, i will stick to the panadol/panadeine - i knew there was a reason for not having naprogesic...and glad to hear your views on the insomnia thing, i didn't want another thing to feel guilty about needing sleeping pills occassionally as we have enough to worry about. i think if i struggle tonight it will be time to give myself a break.
    have you heard of Feldene before? wazza wants to put me on it post transfer, but i've read it's another anti-inflammitory rather than an antibiotic. I will ask Dr M on our next consult

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lissyloulou View Post
    Crofty & Cheals - anyone else cycling with us soon? Cheals i can see you have already started, and Crofty are you waiting for day 1? You said EPU is booked for May 13 - how do you know this already, or is it the type of cycle that allows the doc to book dates?
    I am day 1 today. Booked in for intralipid on Day 4 (friday) and i start menopur & Saizen on day 6.
    Wazza is giving me an anti-inflammitory called Feldene after transfer - has anyone been prescribed this before? I can see others on antibiotics like doxycycline(sp?), but not Feldene. I will ask Dr M about it too.
    Hi lissyloulou- firstly welcome!!! I've caught up now on your thesis -lol my day 1 is due any day now (Friday is day 28 and my cycles have been up and down between day 23 to day 26) when did you start taking prednisone??? I only started yesterday and no trouble sleeping last night. My FCC gives me time table for weeks 1 to 6 to provide approx dates/weeks for procedures etc - ie: start lucrin, start FSH, BTs, U/S so it's expected that epu will be week 6 (as a regular still cycle goes for 6 weeks) good luck with your protocol from wazza - haven't tried any of your meds so can't help in that dept... Good luck ip with your infusion Friday as well

Hi everyone else - Helenmac - glad to hear transfer went well!!!! And that those are early implantation signs

6. The Following User Says Thank You to crofty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lissyloulou View Post
    Hi everyone,
    tried DHEA for months and wonder if it was overcooking them as my 2 worst cycles were on it, so Wazza has agreed with me to go back to basics - no DHEA, no HA-ICSI (DH swimmers are all good). i guess we will see what happens this time and then go from there. i'm happy to try dhea again, and worry that i should be on it now as my levels were very low, but we have to start from scratch i feel especially now that we are adding Dr M's protocol, so what will be will be.
    I have spoken to my GP about natural versions of DHEA and she suggested Epson salt foot soak as that would do no harm. I was recommended by FS not to have DHEA and I explained to GP that I wanted my levels checked but not to go against FS and she came up with this idea for us.

Sometimes a "female Issue Doctor" for want of a better phrase can point you to something that is not going to harm you. Sometimes its the basics that can make all the difference. I was dubious about not using DHEA and now I've found a natural alternative. I am over the moon

Perhaps you could try soaking your feet in Epson salts too - as it is actually quite refreshing and harmless but might relax you.

Babydust to all

8. The Following User Says Thank You to T1gger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Crofty and Kiwi. I will shop around tomorrow to get them!

Hi Lissyloulou, I've been on fsh for a week now and syneral for a couple of weeks as Im doing a long cycle. So far all is well, going in for another scan and bloods Friday, then if that is ok I will be having my epu on Monday 29th.
    I've been ok with the pred tablets, sleeping well but just hungry all the time lol.
    I've been reading through your post and just wanted to wish you luck with everything and hope we can all support each other through this journey.

Cheals xxx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheals For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    lissyloulou: I would stick to Paracetamol. I know that anti flamatory drugs like ibufen and voltaren are not good for ovulation...

One thing... Are any of you taking in Omega 3? I have read good researches that say that 750mg a day of Omega 3 EPA oli does lower NK cells activity. Also some say that 2000iu of D3 vitamin helps as well.

If you are having problems sleeping when you are on the steroid talk to you doctor about taking all the tablest in the morning (not spread them over the day). That helps.

Good luck to you

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B123 For This Useful Post:

crofty  (24-04-2013),lissyloulou  (24-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Question for those who have had biopsy/laparoscopy/endoscopy etc. how many incisions did you have? Did anyone talk to you about how your procedure went or did you have to wait for the appt? I've been told to wait for the appt but have 3 incisions instead of the expected 2... Not sure if this means endo or cysts were found? I thought I heard one of the nurses in recovery mention pcos but no one would tell me anything and its gonna be a long 4 weeks...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Time to shine- with my laparoscopy I had 3 incisions (this is standard). My FS did that surgery way back before i started ivf and spoke to me whilst in recovery but then a more detailed chat at next appt. lots of post op pain, took a week off work.

With biopsy (Dr M) - no incisions - all done vaginally. He did not see me post op, I had to wait for follow up appt. I asked a nurse what my chart said so got some info from her but nothing substantial. No post op pain, hardly any bleeding and back to work next day.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bella978 For This Useful Post:

timetoshine  (24-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi timetoshine, I have had 4 laps and have had 3 incisions every time (1 around my belly button). My understanding is that 1 is for the camera and 2 are for the surgeons tools. My pain varied between procedures from minimal to needing to stay in hospital overnight. This seemed to coincide with the work that was done eg: endo removed not as much pain. Tube removed due to ectopic pregnancy, very painful. I have been very fortunate in that my FS has spoke to me each time in recovery and even telephoned the next day to see how I was feeling, in saying that I received a lot more detail at the follow up consult 2 weeks later. Hope you have a speedy recovery and get some much needed answers

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Hope06 For This Useful Post:

timetoshine  (24-04-2013)