Closed Thread
Page 78 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick one from me, does anyone know how you pay dr m for the biopsy? Gwyneth said it was $650 but didn't say if I need to bring cash or pay the hospital? Help please!!! I go in at 12 tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Time to shine - I paid for dr Ms services via bpay prior to the biopsy and then I paid cash at the day clinic on the day - maybe call Gwen this morning and find out (depends on where u have the procedure I think as well!!!!) good luck today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Timetoshine- I had to pay my phi excess at the hospital (this may not apply to you- depends on your insurance) but Dr M's office just billed me for the cost of the actual procedure within a few days of the biopsy and I paid by direct deposit. That's also how I pay for my Intralipid infusions. Good luck today! Are you having it done at Kareena? I found them to be really nice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks crofty and bella yes I'm at kareena. Getting a little nervous now... But will be all good

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's normal to feel nervous but just keep thinking once it's done you're a step closer to answers and holding your beautiful baby Let us know how you go.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bella978 For This Useful Post:

timetoshine  (23-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck timetoshine!!!! yeah I didn't go to Kareena (I don't have private health insurance ) so it must be different

8. The Following User Says Thank You to crofty For This Useful Post:

timetoshine  (23-04-2013)

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Thanks everyone for your lovely wishes!!

A big welcome to the newbies.

Sweet Lemonade - So sorry about your negative BT. Sounds like you have great quality embryos so Dr. M didn't put you on the strongest protocol as you have more embies to play with (hope that didn't sound wrong but trying to put in perspective) What I'm trying to say is that perhaps the next treatment try IVIG which is much stronger and considering you had a chemical on the intripilids the embryo was 'trying' to implant. IVIG and a higher steriod dose might just do the trick!! Don't give up you will have success but just have to find the right mix of drugs for your body.

LissyLouLou - Great that you are in the best hands with Wazza (I don't know him but have heard SO many wonderful things about him) and Dr. M. Once you receive all the BT's back from Dr. M and have a discussion about his immune treatment I would suggest you have a chat about Neupogen. This is a drug that can help with egg quality as well as high nk cells (CD 56 in the blood) and also adding IVIG/or intripilids to the mix. If you have VERY high levels of NK cells then a more aggressive treatment would be the go for you instead of wasting time. Wishing you every success and you WILL be a mummy one day as you are now on the right track to get the help you need.

Timetoshine - All the best for your biopsy. I completely understand it when you said I hope they find something wrong. At least then there is a reason why implantation failure keeps occurring and you now can be treated accordingly. Wishing you the very best.

Tigger - Wishing you the very best with whichever you decide. I would certainly give Dr M's treatment a go considering you haven't had any success without it. It could be the magic ingredient that has been missing.

Bella - Sorry to hear about the gest diabetes but sounds like you are being very careful and have a handle on it. So exciting the count down is on for maternity leave!

Hi to all the other lovely ladies Hope, Cheals, Kiwi, Romy, Festival girl, Crofty, B123, Scruffy, Litefantastic, Greta, jaandaw. Hope you are all going well

AFM: I had a bit of lower back pain last night and a stabbing feeling lower down on the left side so I'm hoping it's implantation pain but I'm well aware of the false symptoms the drugs can give off. I'm going to try and stay positive and calm in this 2ww but it'll probably do my head in around the weekend when AF is due. Have a great week everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for the welcome, i feel a bit embarrassd as i look back at the essay i wrote! i get so dramatic and emotional around this time, thank god AF arrived last night...you know the usual lots of pain and upset, but relieved to be moving onto the next cycle. so today is day 1 for me

and yes kiwi - exactly what you said (i thought i had written it but lost so much of what i wrote when my computer died yesterday), my journey is unfortunately oh so familiar on this thread - the lack of info, and then by the time we have all the knowledge to help us succeed so much time has gone by and so many potentially good embryos wasted. but i guess we can't cry over spilt milk...gotta keep looking forward or you would lose the plot. i tell you i don't feel positive all the time, i guess we all have good and bad days. when i am at the start if a new cycle it brings up renewed hope, but other days i feel like this process is sucking every last bit of youth and vitality from my life, body and marriage...oh wow, don't even get me started on what this has done to intimacy in our home! eek....you would all know what i'm talking about there. but here's hoping that my DH is right when he says that these are the years for struggling to get our family in place and that we will have plenty of good years ahead!

kiwi, also wanted to say i checked my phone so many times when you had your bleeding episodes. it almost feels like personal encouragement when you see others get over the line...like man walking on the moon or something, to see that it is possible! big congrats to you

and thanks bella, it's so great to see another person so close to holding their precious baby - i can't imagine how you are feeling, it must be so exciting!

ok before i write another essay (sorry ladies, i have been reading BH and not posting for so long i am getting verbal diahhrea with all the stuff that needs to come out of me)...can i ask everyone how they are coping with the steroids??
    I have always have had trouble whenever on pred with sleeping, and now being on 25mg it's hard. i'm taking melatonin as part of wazza's protocol but it doesn't do much now. i've had to resort to anxiety medication or half a sleeping pill when it gets bad, which wazza says is fine short term...but the worry is by the looks of some of you ladies Dr M may want to keep me on the pred for a very long time if we fall pregnant (which i will do gladly!). i have not slept much at all for 2 nights and have not taken anything to help as i'm being stubborn, so here's hoping i exhuast myself so much that i sleep like the dead tonight! i am trying to keep up with walking to try to tire myself out, but i've felt so crampy for past few days i haven't been able to exercise at all

Thanks
    Reviews
    also want to say a big thankyou to Helen for starting this thread...and all the other girls from way back like nat, festivalgirl, scruffy, kiwi for sharing your info and stories. without you guys i would not have found Dr M and be in the position to have the right treatment i'm getting now. and to all the more recent people that have joined, i look forward to following your journeys too.

thanks Helen, i have heard about Neupogen and will bring it up with Dr M on my follow up phone consult. he did reccommend saizen so far for egg quality, and wazza had already said the same so we are adding it in this round.
    as far as egg donor's go i hope i didn't offend by saying how much it shattered me as i know that is the path you are on. i don't have any sisters or close family to ask, and at this stage anon donor scares me. i guess it is all a process though, as i can imagine if we get to the end of the year with no success i might soften to the idea. i guess you are only ready to face a concept when you are actually ready, and not a moment before. it's great to know that there are options though whatever the future holds and i have read with interest your incredible journey over to SA. when is your BT and are you home in Oz yet? my best wishes are with you!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lissyloulou For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (23-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crofty & Cheals - anyone else cycling with us soon? Cheals i can see you have already started, and Crofty are you waiting for day 1? You said EPU is booked for May 13 - how do you know this already, or is it the type of cycle that allows the doc to book dates?
    I am day 1 today. Booked in for intralipid on Day 4 (friday) and i start menopur & Saizen on day 6.
    Wazza is giving me an anti-inflammitory called Feldene after transfer - has anyone been prescribed this before? I can see others on antibiotics like doxycycline(sp?), but not Feldene. I will ask Dr M about it too.