Closed Thread
Page 77 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay, that's fantastic news Helenmac. Sending you lots of positive vibes for a successful pregnancy. So happy for you

Quote Originally Posted by helenmac View Post
    Hi Ladies,

So sorry no personals today as I'm a bit jet lagged and I don't have time to read back on your posts.

I just wanted to say that 2 perfect embies are on board!! I was so nervous in the waiting room anticipating bad news that my precious embies hadn't survived the thaw but it was totally the opposite!! My Doctor said that they looked very, very good. In fact alot of FET's have black spots in them but mine didn't have any which is fantastic news. He said that my chances have increased by a further 5% cause they looked just like fresh embryo's.

So now we wait!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hope06 For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (23-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck helenmac! Fingers crossed for you!!

Just a quick question ladies. But can anyone tell me where I can find a compounding chemist so I can pic up my script for dr m? Preferably around the hurstville area but if I need to travel I will! I'm new to Sydney so I don't the best places to go yet!

Thank you

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheals For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (23-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Helenmac that's awesome news!!!! Can't wait to hear how it all goes!!!! Good luck in your TWW

Cheals- I get my DHEA from "fresh therapeutics" - they are in blacktown, broadway and bindi - so not sure which is best for you - I've also heard that Macquarie st pharmacy on the city post it out anywhere in Australia (a lot of IVF patients use them for DHEA

6. The Following User Says Thank You to crofty For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (23-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lovely to hear helenmac !
    Wishing u a fast 2ww and plenty of positive vibes of course
    Romy xx

Me 32 / DH 36
    #12 March FET PGD, Bondi Protocol + Intralipid BFP

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Romy Sydney For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (23-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sending you lots of sticky vibes & baby dust Helenmac!

Cheals: I get my from Milperra Compound Chemist & there is also one in Kogarah called Belgrave compounding chemist, or just google compound chemist in your area.

Kiwi
    Last edited by kiwi77; 22-04-2013 at 16:14.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwi77 For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (23-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    well i could just throw this computer across the room right now!!! i just composed a long winded post about the last few years and got distracted at work (thanks work, i have more important things to do than you) and lost the whole thing before pressing send...urghh!!!!!

well, i will try to remember what on earth i said...

have been reading this thread since the very start, but have kept away from BH for a long time as it just got too painful. every thread i joined or hoped to join would have so many newbies in and out the door on their 1st or 2nd go, but for me it just seemed never ending and too painful to be reminded by all the successes what a failure my body was, so i quit BH but i have been secrectly reading for over a year again too scared to get involved not wanting to jinx myself - fat lot of good that has done!

So here we are again, looking down the barrel of another cycle. 11th in total, but i guess most people don't count IUI's etc. so it's our 6th stim cycle, with 2 FETs in the bag too. so lucky number 6, 8 or 11 depending how you count it. all BFN's, only one chem where AF came before the blood test even arrived so didn't even know until after. and it was so early in our journey i wasn't aware of immune issues / luteal phase defects needing pregnyl etc etc. Almost every single cycle AF has come many days before the blood test (just thought i had a short cycle), and it was only identified for the last 2 cycles to treat with pregnyl. Same with immune issues, only after strong insistance from me was i tested for NK cells, which came back sky high and i have been treated for since my 2nd stim cycle (5th overall), but i feel not on high enough doses. So my one chemical was on a dose of 10mg pred and 20mg clexane in 2011.

fast forward most of last year for a health break/long overseas trip...to end of 2012. since then we have done 3 stim cycles with kee ong at monash gold coast. lovely doctor, but not a single thing changed in protocol except a double dose of intalipids. we needed to move on (again) and now have arrived to the famous Dr Wazza in Brisbane (thankfully no more commuting). i also had a phone consult with Dr Matthias a couple of weeks ago and am awaiting the results. thankfully Wazza has said he will do the intralipids or IVIG if needed in brisbane so i don't have to add the cost of flying to sydney for them.

at our 1st appt Wazza was great, very detailed, but he has been the 1st doc to mention donor eggs to us. it absolutely shattered me as at my age i had not contemplated this being an issue. after finding the NK cells & MTHFR issues, i thought it was purely implantation failure. however, the past 2 cycles my eggs have started to drop off too. tried DHEA for months and wonder if it was overcooking them as my 2 worst cycles were on it, so Wazza has agreed with me to go back to basics - no DHEA, no HA-ICSI (DH swimmers are all good). i guess we will see what happens this time and then go from there. i'm happy to try dhea again, and worry that i should be on it now as my levels were very low, but we have to start from scratch i feel especially now that we are adding Dr M's protocol, so what will be will be.

the sad thing about it all is that i had a couple frozen embryos on my 2nd cycle, and in every cycle bar the last 2 we would always get to blast - all before i was on the right immune treatment etc. And now that we have the immune issues identified, my eggs have started to look as Wazza says 'crap'.
    He said you might get lots of eggs, but then they all look like him ' old & crap'! Each stim we get between 8 - 14 eggs, but the last 2 cycles they have all started to die. It breaks my heart to think of all those beautiful embryos transferred that never had a chance without the immune treatment, but it can't be helped now. Wazza has said he is not giving up on us yet, and i have said we want to try at least until the end of the year with my eggs so we will see what happens. It is all such a scary prospect.

um what else...my new procotol is this : synarel nasel spray (1st time), menopur 600 instead of gonal f 300, 25mg pred, 60mg clexane, pregnyl boosters, saizen (1st time)

I have also done the whole naturopath/acupuncture/ chinese medicine etc etc until the cows come home to no avail and lots of $$. decided to give it all away after lots of time and money did not seem to be helping only adding stress.

so currently waiting on AF to show so that we can get on this merrigoround again! AF has never been late, but apparently this can be a side effect of synarel and this is my first time on it. Wazza was so lovely that when i was in his office on Day 17 last month he saw a lovely big follicle so he triggered me and told us to try for a natural miracle and hoped he wouldn't need to see us again...needless to say blood test yesterday was negative, but it was nice that he at least wanted us to have a chance on our month off. No other doctor has ever offered anything like that for us before.

anyway, this group here seems to be where i fit in...those of you who have been blessed with positive pregnancy tests after many long years of trying have given me hope and i have followed you through each and every blood test and scare and cried with happiness and relief for you (which is strange as i don't actually know you yet). i pray, wish, hope, i will join you one day in seeing those 2 lines which i have never ever seen. i do have faith and hope left in me somewhere, sometimes it is hard to find, but it is there or we would have stopped trying. it amazes me the resilience i've found in myself, and i often think that (not that we would choose this path) all of us will be such incredible parents for having struggled so much to have our children. i compare myself to the niave girl, just married, wishing for a honeymoon baby - the innocence brings tears to my eyes, but what a different and stronger mother i will be for having endured this. And i do know in my heart i will be a mother one day, by whatever means, and it will be wonderful. I try to remember that during the hard times.

Much love and respect to all of you ladies on this tough journey only those of us here truly know about. i need to start asking for support again instead of isolating about this so here i am, hello!

Thanks
    Reviews
    i will catch up with where everyone is in time i'm sure - but just wanted to wish Helen all the best with your 2 embies on board

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lissyloulou For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (23-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helen, all the very best!!! Here's hoping those embies are strong!!! Just been through the 10 days of waiting - goodness it was hard.

thanks for sharing your story Lisiloulou - it's certainly been a journey, hasn't it. As you said, most of us can certainly relate.

so Bt came back negative today. I wasn't surprised just really sad and confused. I guess at least the result is definitive so I don't have to have any false hopes.

i have spent today trying to think of any reason why this happened - was it because I was still picking up dd? Did it have something to do with how our dr transferred the embryo? Was it the immune drugs not strong enough? Too strong?

I know there is no answer but it just makes me so frustrated not knowing what went wrong so I can fix it next time.

Dr M suggested we do further tests and perhaps adjust the protocol. I don't want to wait though and we'll be doing another FET this cycle. Hopefully though I can speak to Dr M before to see whether we can make any immediate adjustments. Obviously I'm nervous about transferring another precious embie but just need to stay positive I guess.

sweet lemonade

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sweetlemonade For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (23-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs sweet lemonade, sorry your BT was negative.

Lissyloulou - welcome and I hope Dr M's protocol works for you quickly. Glad you are happy seeing wazza, I've heard lots of positive things about him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big hugs sweetlemonade I'm sorry it wasnt the news you wanted but there is still IVIG which is stronger then the Intralipids...stay positive and know you will get your gift!

Welcome Lissyloulou, yep your journey is familiar amongst most of us,...if only we knew then what we know now....but as you mentioned this whole thing will make us awesome parents who have the resilience of an Ox, the patience of a nun & the strength of, well really strong women!
    I love how you are still so very positive, don't lose that & know you too will see those two perfect lines & hear that beautiful strong heart beat!

Kiwi
    Me 35 DH 33

Trying since 2009
    4 IVF cycles:
    4 chemicals & 3 BFN =7 in total
    Lucky #8 = Feb 2013 PGD + Dr M's protocol with Intralipids and finally my BFP Due Oct 2013

18. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwi77 For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (23-04-2013)