Closed Thread
Page 73 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LiteFantastic View Post
    Hi Everyone

Checking back into Bubhub after some time away, it's probably been a couple of months since I last posted. Since then I've had another failed PGD cycle where we transferred two perfect (tested) embryos - 1 x blast and 1 x hatching blast. Unfortunately I had another chemical pregnancy - my 11th I think (lost count).

On that cycle I was on clexane, pessaries, progynova and 10mg prednisolone, but I feel that this is not enough for me - my elbows were aching post-transfer (this only happens post-transfer) making me think that my body was really fighting off implantation.

Since then I've been tested for NK cells by Dr Sacks (I'm based in Melbourne, but visited him in Sydney). My blood test result came back with normal NK cell count (8%) but elevated activity (18% vs 12%). No need for a biopsy apparently given this result. His recommendation is to double the prednisolone to 20mg in the post-transfer phase.

I've got a phone consult with Dr M in 1.5 weeks which I'm hoping will give us something more to go on as well.

My question for any Melbourne ladies on this thread is whether anyone has been treated by Dr M and an FS in Melbourne?

I am currently with MIVF in order to do the PGD testing which I think is great technology, but I need to find a Melbourne FS who is willing to work with Drs Sacks and/or Dr M - preferably MIVF. I don't think my current FS is going to be open-minded for some of intralipid/IViG stuff if it comes to that.

I've also started looking into egg donation through Monash IVF and the World Egg Bank. Speaking to someone this morning, it takes about 8 months to transfer given the quarantine time or something? Now I see the benefits in going to SA! Costs seem similar though once you factor in flights.

For people who have gone the SA route - have you had your remaining embys sent back to Australia? Or do you have to revisit SA for a second transfer?

Sorry for the long, rambling post, and thank you for your time reading my story. Fingers crossed we unlock the right recipe to get our BFPs soon.

Hi Litefantastic

So sorry to hear about your chemical pregnancy. It know how devastating it is to put back two perfect little blasts and to not result in an ongoing pregnancy. I hope Dr M may be able to provide some more answers for you. I have my phone consult with him on the 2/5/13. It was interesting to read about the pain you feel in your elbows post transfer. I get a pain in my left arm about 24 hours post transfer that gets progressively worse in pregnancy. I have mentioned this pain to my FS on many occasions and he has simply dismissed it as coincidence. Interestingly I haven't done a cycle for over 12 months and have had no pain in my left arm at all. I will definitely be asking Dr M his opinion on this.

Hi to everyone else Sending you all lots of positive vibes for wherever you are at in your cycles Helenmac - fingers crossed that your immune protocol is perfect this time round and that you come home from SA with some fantastic news. Be safe

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hope06 For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (17-04-2013),LiteFantastic  (18-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

What fantastic weather we are having here in Sydney its like summer!

Scruffy: So good to hear that your 12 week scan went well! Cant believe how time is flying....
    Crofty: We have decided not going to Thailand - just cant risk it with all the complications I have had....Good luck with your upcoming cycle - I know its tough when you FS recommends PGD Array testing, I was in a dilemma over that decision too but we decided to go for it as it was our last go so we wanted to put everything into it. But the cost did put us off initially but lucky we had the funds or we probably couldnt have done it...We ended up with 5 perfectly tested embryos put two in & now have 3 in the freezer!
    Helenmac: Yay for everything looking good for your FET! Have a wonderful trip to SA CapeTown - sending you a ton of sticky vibes and lots of positive love and light!
    FG: How you going hun? Sending you
    Jaandaw: How are you both going?? I know the idea of NK cells is daunting just know there are a lot of us on here to support you & who have high/extremely high levels and are now pregnant! Stay positive
    Cheal: Hoping AF arrives soon so you can get on the DR M train!

Hi to those Ive missed and a big welcome to Hope06/Tigger & Litefantasitc!
    AFM: Nearly at the 12 week mark ....I have had no spotting or bleeding for the past week and half which has been great but still very anxious and hoping that my lil Chilli is still fighting strong in there...I go for my NT scan on Weds so will let you all know how it goes...Plus in for my next intralipid on Sat 20th if anyone else is??

Kiwi

Me 35 DH 33

Trying since 2009
    4 IVF cycles: 4 chemicals, 3 BFN
    Feb 2013 PGD + Dr M's protocol with Intralipids and finally my BFP Due Oct 2013
    Last edited by kiwi77; 14-04-2013 at 18:37.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwi77 For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (17-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry lite Fantastic I can't help with your ??? I'm a Sydney girl a g/l with your phn consult with dr M!!!

HelenMac - g/l with Cape Town this week and all the best for Fridays transfer - hoping this is your lucky cycle!!!

Kiwi 77 - I think I'd be choosing little chilli over Thailand as well Thailand will always be there, but your little chilli miracle - cant wait

Hi Everyone else hope your all well xoCrofty

6. The Following User Says Thank You to crofty For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (16-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi77 View Post
    Crofty: We have decided not going to Thailand - just cant risk it with all the complications I have had....Good luck with your upcoming cycle - I know its tough when you FS recommends PGD Array testing, I was in a dilemma over that decision too but we decided to go for it as it was our last go so we wanted to put everything into it. But the cost did put us off initially but lucky we had the funds or we probably couldnt have done it...We ended up with 5 perfectly tested embryos put two in & now have 3 in the freezer!
    Hi to those Ive missed and a big welcome to Hope06/Tigger & Litefantasitc!
    Hi Kiwi
    Thanks for that.

Kiwi or others
    Just out of interest what kind of price are we looking at for the PGD Array testing? Just ball park hundreds or thousand per cycle or per embie
    AFM I have 2 apts tomorrow one with FS and one with clinic. Not sure why need 2 but have done as they say.

Baby dust to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there all

Thank you for recommending Dr M. I have been in touch and spoken to them. They are sending me out all the information for me to have an appointment. They explained my costs were $300 for the consult by phone or in person (no medicare rebate for phone consults) and about $200 for the blood tests that are not covered. Is this really what you guys paid to see if this was your issue? Or is the Receptionist on the low side of prices? I thought it would be a lot more or does it go up with treatment?

Babydust to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by T1gger View Post
    Hi Kiwi
    Thanks for that.

Kiwi or others
    Just out of interest what kind of price are we looking at for the PGD Array testing? Just ball park hundreds or thousand per cycle or per embie
    AFM I have 2 apts tomorrow one with FS and one with clinic. Not sure why need 2 but have done as they say.

Baby dust to all

T1gger
    I'm with IVF Aust & we did the CGH PGD testing which tests all chromosones. We paid $3500 on top of full cycle costs & there is no medicare rebate with it. They do egg collection then biopsy the ones that make it to day 3 with I think 6-8 cells or maybe just 8? Then the ones that have all chromosones grow to day 5 & you can do a fresh transfer on day 5 & freeze the ones that are left.

Kiwi
    Last edited by kiwi77; 15-04-2013 at 20:03.

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello lovely ladies,

I'm off to Cape Town tomorrow!!! I'm getting excited now! Can't believe it!
    I'll try and post while I'm over there but if not I'll give an update upon my return. Hopefully I'll come back with a little extra on board xx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to helenmac For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (16-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi t1gger - that's just the price for the consult (which lasts no more than 15 mins!!!) if you require a biopsy - you could be out of pocket about $1300 - $650 for Dr M conducting biopsy and about $650 for day surgery costs (not sure how much if you have private health insurance) and you can't claim anything and it doesn't go towards your medicate threshold either - in regard to other costs, I didn't pay anything for my blood tests and not sure of the cost of any other treatment as yet - suppose I'll find out today when I get my results - hope this helps xo Crofty

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi t1gger - that's just the price for the consult (which lasts no more than 15 mins!!!) if you require a biopsy - you could be out of pocket about $1300 - $650 for Dr M conducting biopsy and about $650 for day surgery costs (not sure how much if you have private health insurance) and you can't claim anything and it doesn't go towards your medicate threshold either - in regard to other costs, I didn't pay anything for my blood tests and not sure of the cost of any other treatment as yet - suppose I'll find out today when I get my results - hope this helps xo Crofty

14. The Following User Says Thank You to crofty For This Useful Post:

T1gger  (18-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wishing u all the best Helen - have a safe trip over and I hope u also get to enjoy some sunshine and some of the yummy food over there!!
    Please keep us updated, will be thinking of you and sending positive vibes xx

Me 32 / DH 36
    #12 FET PGD, Bondi Protocol + Intralipid
    BFP due end Nov 2013

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Romy Sydney For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (16-04-2013)