Closed Thread
Page 72 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
    helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Tigger - My decision to go to Cape Town for donor eggs is due to it being almost impossible to find a local donor. Also the process is as little as 3 months from choosing a donor, receiving your treatment plan and making the trip over there. Financially all up it's about $15,000 and my husband and I (& DS) went over in June 2012 for 2 weeks and had such a wonderful holiday in conjunction with my treatment. Unfortunately I came home with a chemical due to my immune issues. We were lucky enough to have 2 frozen embryos so I'm going back in 1 week (on my own) for a final attempt. I am now on the most aggressive immune treatment so hopefully this time it will be successful.
    Cape Fertility Clinic have a 70% pregnancy rate for a fresh transfer and 50% for frozen (I'm having 2 transferred so a higher increase for me). They are very strict on the quality of transferring and freezing hence their high success rates. Believe it or not there are plenty of Australian women that go over there for donor eggs such as myself. I'm currently chatting & supporting & receiving support on two threads with soooooooo many lovely women doing exactly what I'm doing. Most are coming back pregnant and fullfilling their long awaited dreams of finally achieving a pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helenmac - Thanks for the warm welcome. I do hope everything goes well for you with your trip to SA. We are thinking if we need to use donor eggs, SA is the path we will take also. Seems to be the cheapest and least complicated option. For your BFP

Not sure if there are any Brisbane ladies on this thread but I have found a place that is willing to do the IVIG or Intralipids for me here in Brisbane. They are even willing to source it. Not sure what the costs are yet but they are happy to administer according to DR M instructions. Let me know if anybody would like more info. Much more convenient and I am sure less costly than having to travel to Sydney?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello lovelies,

I hope you are all doing well at your various stages. Lots happening and big hello to all the newbies
    I had my twelve week scan yesterday which was amazing Bub measuring right on track, kicking and rolling around. It is all starting to feel real. The embryo was CGH so do not have to worry about chromosomal issues but they said but NT measure indicates generally low risk.

Having an intralipid this weekend - from blood tests Dr M said I needed this instead of IVIG so that's good for the bank account. Anyone else in this weekend?

I will probably just quietly lurk in the background from now on but feel closest to this thread and will be cheering each and everyone of you on, especially my preggo buddy Kiwi and lovely FG and Helenmac who have been here from the start

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovely ladies,

Sorry if I miss anyone - it's been quite busy in here!!!

Hi Scruffy - Great news on your 12 week scan, hope all goes well for the remaining 2 trimesters xo

Mrs Erin - WOW!!! That's great news for you and DH hope your scares have eased up (with the bleeds)

FG - so sorry to hear of your chemical - do you know what your next plan of attack is?

Kaz999 - that's fantastic news hope all goes well with your next scan

T1gger - any news with your fs thoughts???

Welcome to Hope, kalshy and any other newbies

Cheals - are you still out there?

Sweetlemonade - congrats on your success story ❤ hearing about Dr M success graduates using his protocol

Time to shine - how was your appt with Dr M!

Flier - how did epu go???

Romy - how was your scan???

Kiwi - have you decided on whether your going to Thailand yet??? Not good about your scares with bleeds and with the ruptured sack hope it's eased up now and is it able to be repaired???

Bella - how are you and bubs going??? How many weeks now???

Hi helenmac - thanks for your thoughts hope your feeling better and that ivig went well on the weekend

Hi again to those I've missed

AFM - saw my fs last week as I'm starting a new stim cycle - start jabbing lucrin of the 22nd and goal F on the 2nd of May, hoping to see Dr M next Tuesday with results and protocol, if not it will be on the 30th - my fs wasn't too positive about immune protocols and suggested biopsy of the embryos (an additional $5000) in which we don't really have the money to do at this stage she even went to the effort of printing off a research paper about repeated implantation failure - which I haven't even read yet (as I was so cranky with her for not being very open to Dr Ms protocols) but I guess I am questioning her techniques!!! I did say that hey, I've had 6/7 transfers with no hint of a BFP so I'm trying anything!!!! I hope this works and then I can prove her wrong - otherwise I don't know what else to do!!! Running out of options and time unfortunately - as ill be no spring chicken soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Crofty...yes I'm still here
    Not much is going on with me at the moment, have taken my dose of provera and started sniffing syneral awhile ago, but Af has not shown yet because of these meds, so had bloods taken today to make sure all is going well. My FS said that the bloods show that Af will be here shortly and when it does I am to go in for more bloods and pic up my goodies to start injections! So just waiting around for it all to start.
    Hope your biopsy results come in soon! My FS was also not a fan of the meds Dr M has prescribed, but I figure I have been through this 5 times without any BFP's or chems or anything so something different needs to be done! My FS nearly convinced me not to bother with it as my NK numbers are low and I only have a small imbalance in my mthfr gene. But I went though all the testing with dr m he DID find something even if its small, so I am definitely going to do what dr m has suggested. Just like you I am willing to try anything. I hope this works for the both of us Crofty!

Hope the rest of you ladies are doing well. I've been reading through and I'm so happy to hear that your pregnancies are going well.

Welcome to all the newbies out there. The ladies on here are very helpful and are great to go to for advice and a chat.

Cheals

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by helenmac View Post
    Tigger - My decision to go to Cape Town for donor eggs is due to it being almost impossible to find a local donor. Also the process is as little as 3 months from choosing a donor, receiving your treatment plan and making the trip over there. Financially all up it's about $15,000 and my husband and I (& DS) went over in June 2012 for 2 weeks and had such a wonderful holiday in conjunction with my treatment. Unfortunately I came home with a chemical due to my immune issues. We were lucky enough to have 2 frozen embryos so I'm going back in 1 week (on my own) for a final attempt. I am now on the most aggressive immune treatment so hopefully this time it will be successful.
    Cape Fertility Clinic have a 70% pregnancy rate for a fresh transfer and 50% for frozen (I'm having 2 transferred so a higher increase for me). They are very strict on the quality of transferring and freezing hence their high success rates. Believe it or not there are plenty of Australian women that go over there for donor eggs such as myself. I'm currently chatting & supporting & receiving support on two threads with soooooooo many lovely women doing exactly what I'm doing. Most are coming back pregnant and fullfilling their long awaited dreams of finally achieving a pregnancy.
    Thanks Helenmac for the information. We are still early days in that we haven't had the first cycle of IVF yet but if we do get embreos that we don't end up using we are going to donate them to other couples who need them. I know the laws keep changing about whether the children are allowed to know who their donors are. We are therefore open to the idea that later on children may wish to know who we are. That is why they have to be embreos rather than eggs as that way DH and I are in the same situation and can support each other. We want every child to either be both of ours or neither of ours and once we've got our family we would want others to be in the same position as us, but I could never do a cycle just for someone else - people who do that are just angels.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Helen you must be getting excited to head over to Cape Town! I know u have been there before but do u need any advice?? I just got back from a couple of days there...

Hi everyone else hope u are all well...I am good it was my birthday on tues and had 2nd scan today, it was great seeing baby and being reassured that its growing and heart rate is as it should be

I've been eating terribly and feeling yucky in the afternoons and evenings but apart from that and stress I am good and trying to be really positive

I hope everyone is well and wishing those in cycle positive vibes... Perseverance takes huge energy but it will be worth it for each of us
    Xx

Me 31 / DH 36
    Feb / March 2013 #12 FET PGD, Bondi Protocol + Intralipid

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by crofty View Post
    Hi lovely ladies,

Sorry if I miss anyone - it's been quite busy in here!!!

Hi Scruffy - Great news on your 12 week scan, hope all goes well for the remaining 2 trimesters xo

Mrs Erin - WOW!!! That's great news for you and DH hope your scares have eased up (with the bleeds)

FG - so sorry to hear of your chemical - do you know what your next plan of attack is?

Kaz999 - that's fantastic news hope all goes well with your next scan

T1gger - any news with your fs thoughts???

Welcome to Hope, kalshy and any other newbies

Cheals - are you still out there?

Sweetlemonade - congrats on your success story ❤ hearing about Dr M success graduates using his protocol

Time to shine - how was your appt with Dr M!

Flier - how did epu go???

Romy - how was your scan???

Kiwi - have you decided on whether your going to Thailand yet??? Not good about your scares with bleeds and with the ruptured sack hope it's eased up now and is it able to be repaired???

Bella - how are you and bubs going??? How many weeks now???

Hi helenmac - thanks for your thoughts hope your feeling better and that ivig went well on the weekend

Hi again to those I've missed

AFM - saw my fs last week as I'm starting a new stim cycle - start jabbing lucrin of the 22nd and goal F on the 2nd of May, hoping to see Dr M next Tuesday with results and protocol, if not it will be on the 30th - my fs wasn't too positive about immune protocols and suggested biopsy of the embryos (an additional $5000) in which we don't really have the money to do at this stage she even went to the effort of printing off a research paper about repeated implantation failure - which I haven't even read yet (as I was so cranky with her for not being very open to Dr Ms protocols) but I guess I am questioning her techniques!!! I did say that hey, I've had 6/7 transfers with no hint of a BFP so I'm trying anything!!!! I hope this works and then I can prove her wrong - otherwise I don't know what else to do!!! Running out of options and time unfortunately - as ill be no spring chicken soon
    Not quite yet next Tues Hurry up appointment. Just want it over and done with to know which option they are looking at in our case. I hope for GIFT with frozen embies for next cycles. Although I have had every test possible I think they might re-do them again as some are very old. Hoping they will just accept the results and maybe re-do some bloods but nothing that requires any more surgery or procedures that involve needles. They can do as many ultrasounds, as they want but just no HSG's as I reacted badly to it. Think I maybe allergic to the dye but it might also be my tubes were slightly blocked and they forced the dye through. They said they had never seen someone so ill afterwards. I was throwing up in the loo for about 3 hours afterwards and they were trying to close up. Typical UK health system. Concerned that I may have same reaction to egg drop off so just want that done to know how to proceed - Oh yes thats right once thats done I might not need it again - Have to stay positive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone

Checking back into Bubhub after some time away, it's probably been a couple of months since I last posted. Since then I've had another failed PGD cycle where we transferred two perfect (tested) embryos - 1 x blast and 1 x hatching blast. Unfortunately I had another chemical pregnancy - my 11th I think (lost count).

On that cycle I was on clexane, pessaries, progynova and 10mg prednisolone, but I feel that this is not enough for me - my elbows were aching post-transfer (this only happens post-transfer) making me think that my body was really fighting off implantation.

Since then I've been tested for NK cells by Dr Sacks (I'm based in Melbourne, but visited him in Sydney). My blood test result came back with normal NK cell count (8%) but elevated activity (18% vs 12%). No need for a biopsy apparently given this result. His recommendation is to double the prednisolone to 20mg in the post-transfer phase.

I've got a phone consult with Dr M in 1.5 weeks which I'm hoping will give us something more to go on as well.

My question for any Melbourne ladies on this thread is whether anyone has been treated by Dr M and an FS in Melbourne?

I am currently with MIVF in order to do the PGD testing which I think is great technology, but I need to find a Melbourne FS who is willing to work with Drs Sacks and/or Dr M - preferably MIVF. I don't think my current FS is going to be open-minded for some of intralipid/IViG stuff if it comes to that.

I've also started looking into egg donation through Monash IVF and the World Egg Bank. Speaking to someone this morning, it takes about 8 months to transfer given the quarantine time or something? Now I see the benefits in going to SA! Costs seem similar though once you factor in flights.

For people who have gone the SA route - have you had your remaining embys sent back to Australia? Or do you have to revisit SA for a second transfer?

Sorry for the long, rambling post, and thank you for your time reading my story. Fingers crossed we unlock the right recipe to get our BFPs soon.

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Romy - Thanks for your well wishes. No advise for Cape Town needed but thank you. I'm staying with some friends of my fathers in Durbanville. I arrive Wed evening and leave on Saturday with transfer on Friday. I'm also having acupuncture prior to after after transfer. Happy Birthday and so excited all is well with the scan and bub's is thriving!

Litefantastic - I had 3 cycles with Dr S just on the standard pred/clexane and I had two BFN and 1 chemical so decided that I needed to give Dr. M's more aggressive treatment a go on my final attempt which will hopefully be the key for a successful outcome. Yes the embryo's are stored in Cape Town and you have to fly over for a transfer. I think there is alot of red tape to arrange for donated embryo's to be flown back and also it costs up to $10,000 from what I have heard. For a FET you can be there for as little as 3 day's.

Hi to everyone else

AFM: I had my lining scan which is 9.1mm so all is going well. Every day everything is getting ticked off so my 'to do' list is much shorter. I'm giving my DS a recordable story book and a little gift to open each day. Can't believe I leave for Cape Town in 4 days!!!