Closed Thread
Page 71 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi jaandaw,

Just looked up my results for you. The Comment says "CD57+ NK cells above 10/mm2 is suggested by ongoing research to be abnormal"

My result was also 20/mm2 and I am now 12weeks pregnant on Dr M's protocol of 35mg prednisolone, 40mg clexane and IVIG pre transfer, 6 weeks and due one soon....

I had a BFN with prednisolone only and a chemical with intralipids.

Good Luck x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Scruffy For This Useful Post:

jaandaw  (09-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi scruffy how are u? So nice to see ur 12 weeks, how wonderful
    Have u had ur 12 week NT scan yet??

Me 31 / DH 36
    Feb / March 2013 #12 FET PGD, Bondi Protocol + Intralipid

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    I was doing some research on Dr M. when I came across this thread. It is wonderful to find a thread dedicated to NK cells. I hope you guys don’t mind me jumping in, after reading so many similar stories to my own, I would love to become a part of this thread if everyone is happy for me to do so. A huge congratulations to all the recent BFP’s. It is great to be reading of so many.
    My story is quite a long one so won’t bombard you all with it in one go! I have had 4 pregnancies, 1 live birth, 1 ectopic and two miscarriages. I do not have any tubes due to my 3rd pregnancy being a suspected ectopic so IVF is our only chance of falling pregnant.

B123 –
    I had stage III endometriosis that was discovered prior to our first cycle of IVF. I also have high CD57 cells and very high CD56 cells @ 44% on D22 of D28 cycle. I haven’t used intralipids as yet but am hoping this will form part of Dr M’s protocol.

Good luck to all the ladies cycling at present

Hope

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im

Can someone please explain very basically how you know if you have high killer cells. What test is used to detect this?

I had cancer scare and wonder if this is our issue.

Does high natural killer cells cause M/C or not being able to get pregnant in the first place?

We have a diagnoses of unexplained infertility and have been trying for 9 years and are at the stage of trying anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tigger they do blood tests for some and biopsy of uterus for others. I don't think there are any symptoms as such but they do cause miscarriage and can prevent implantation as well. I've had the blood tests and my cd56 were in the normal range and I'm having a biopsy later this month

jaandaw, maybe you should think about seeing dr m as well as your current fs? I hope you can get some clearer answers xx
    Last edited by timetoshine; 08-04-2013 at 18:39.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to timetoshine For This Useful Post:

jaandaw  (09-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by timetoshine View Post
    Tigger they do blood tests for some and biopsy of uterus for others. I don't think there are any symptoms as such but they do cause miscarriage and can prevent implantation as well. I've had the blood tests and my cd56 were in the normal range and I'm having a biopsy later this month

jaandaw, maybe you should think about seeing dr m as well as your current fs? I hope you can get some clearer answers xx
    Timetoshine - Thanks very much for the info. Will mention to my FS and see if she thinks that might be our problem, although the diagnoses of unexplained infertility seems to be considered a diagnoses.

Baby dust to all

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Tigger - Welcome to the thread. Unexplained fertility is not a diagnosis there is a reason why implantation is not occurring. Getting tested for immune issues is a good idea considering it's been 9 years without success. Most of us girls on here are with Dr. Matthias and he is the best in terms of using more aggressive protocols. You can use him in conjunction with your current FS.

Hope - Welcome to the thread. Off course you can join us!! You will learn so much with us all here and you have come to the right place! Fingers crossed the intripilids will help you achieve your BFP.

Jaandaw - I also have high CD 57 & CD 56. My levels are the same as Scruffy at 20/mm but given my age (42) and using donor eggs, also it being our very final attempt I wanted the most aggressive treatment that Dr. M would prescribe. Being Humira, IVIg, prednisolone, clexane etc.

Kaz - I hope you went well with your infusion on Sunday. All 4 of us had our own room!!! Dr. M didnt' get to me until about 6.30pm and mine finished at 1.30am. I was so exhausted yesterday that my DH took the day off to look after DS (3 yrs). Shame we couldn't catch up. Hope you are going well in your pregnancy, you are in the best hands with Dr. M.

Hi to all the other ladies, wishing you all well.

AFM: I'm busy organising my trip to Cape Town for my FET. Leaving in 1 week!! There is SO much to do before I leave. My sister & neices are staying at my house looking after DS. I've so many lists and slowly ticking things off. Starting to get nervous that my two embies won't survive the thaw!! Ahhhhh nooooo I'm not even going to go there!! I think that way of thinking will send me mad so I'm going to be positive and stay strong!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to helenmac For This Useful Post:

jaandaw  (09-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope06 View Post
    Hi ladies,
    I was doing some research on Dr M. when I came across this thread. It is wonderful to find a thread dedicated to NK cells. I hope you guys don’t mind me jumping in, after reading so many similar stories to my own, I would love to become a part of this thread if everyone is happy for me to do so. A huge congratulations to all the recent BFP’s. It is great to be reading of so many.
    My story is quite a long one so won’t bombard you all with it in one go! I have had 4 pregnancies, 1 live birth, 1 ectopic and two miscarriages. I do not have any tubes due to my 3rd pregnancy being a suspected ectopic so IVF is our only chance of falling pregnant.

B123 –
    I had stage III endometriosis that was discovered prior to our first cycle of IVF. I also have high CD57 cells and very high CD56 cells @ 44% on D22 of D28 cycle. I haven’t used intralipids as yet but am hoping this will form part of Dr M’s protocol.

Good luck to all the ladies cycling at present

Hope
    Hi Hope, can I ask what your CD57 reading was? Keen to know what other doctors class as high. Cheers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by helenmac View Post
    Tigger - Welcome to the thread. Unexplained fertility is not a diagnosis there is a reason why implantation is not occurring. Getting tested for immune issues is a good idea considering it's been 9 years without success. Most of us girls on here are with Dr. Matthias and he is the best in terms of using more aggressive protocols. You can use him in conjunction with your current FS.

AFM: I'm busy organising my trip to Cape Town for my FET. Leaving in 1 week!! There is SO much to do before I leave. My sister & neices are staying at my house looking after DS. I've so many lists and slowly ticking things off. Starting to get nervous that my two embies won't survive the thaw!! Ahhhhh nooooo I'm not even going to go there!! I think that way of thinking will send me mad so I'm going to be positive and stay strong!
    Helenmac - Thanks for that. Can you please tell me how to contact Dr Matthias as in a phone number and address. I looked the name up on google and so many people came up. I am in Perth does he cover my area?

May I also ask why you have to go all the way to South Africa to have FET? Just seems a little unusual.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jaandaw View Post
    Hi Hope, can I ask what your CD57 reading was? Keen to know what other doctors class as high. Cheers.
    Hi Jaandaw

My CD57 count was present at the rate of 20/mm2 and CD56 present at the rate of more than 500/mm2. Apparently a cell count of CD57 above 10/mm2 is considered abnormal. My FS said my results were the highest he has seen and in his opinion, off the charts, however I had an appointment with one of the few clinical immunologists here in Brisbane who basically told me that he didn't believe these results would cause complications with either getting pregnant or staying pregnant. In fact he believed if anything high NK results should help pregnancy. There are so many medical professionals who do not support the NK theory, yet so many journal articles that find higher levels of CD56 and CD57 cells in woman like us, struggling to either achieve or hold on to a pregnancy

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hope06 For This Useful Post:

jaandaw  (10-04-2013)