Closed Thread
Page 60 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Duckie,
    I had the DQ Alpha Testing done as part of my Chicago bloods. My ANA was 1:640.
    I posted on it in detail earlier on in this thread including costs for all of the Chicago testing so hopefully that info will help.
    I asked for a complete assay as i was 40 and running out of time and as blood was going over there anyway a few more vials and the DQ testing made sense. Fortunately it came back negative though it came back positive for my friend and she now has a little boy using IVIG as part of her protocol.
    Wishing you all the best with your testing.
    FG

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies,

Those of you that have had IVIg how long does the infusion usually take and do they admit you in the morning or does it vary throughout the day? Can I drive myself home afterwards considering there is no anesthetic?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Helen,
    I am going in this Sunday for IVIG and they have given me an admission time of 4pm. I am going to stay in overnight this time so I can relax as last time I went in (with the lovely Bella) she and I both were admitted at 3pm (on a Friday because it was a public holiday) and finished well after midnight.
    Not sure about driving but I don't see why not. It is just a blood product.
    I will ask the nurses on Sunday if you like and post the answer for you.
    FG

4. The Following User Says Thank You to festivalgirl For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (16-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleur L View Post
    Hi Goanaspaner - when you say Clezane hurts like hell, can you let me know what you mean? I am not sure what side effects to expect. If I have transfer this month (cross fingers for good embies ) then I will be going onto Clexane.

To All - has anyone else just been on Clexane or has everyone been on Prednisone + Clexane?
    Hi Fleur and welcome to the thread. Clexane stings a lot but you get used to it. I don't even dread it anymore. I think that most of us are on prednisone and clexane. My NK numbers are high so I am on clexane from Day One and prednisone 21 days before I start a cycle. But the treatment protocol varies based on your results.

Jaandaw - you asked about levels. My biopsy with Dr M came back negative. My Chicago bloods came back positive with a level of 81. Usually this could be successfully treated with intralipids but I also have high TNF alpha (37 normal range is up to 30) so for that reason I have IVIG infusions prior to embryo transfer. That is the theory anyway. Still working on creating a viable embryo that I can cover in IVIG!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to festivalgirl For This Useful Post:

Fleur L  (15-03-2013),jaandaw  (15-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Helen mac for the nice message.
    I have found a place in Jhbg where I am now called vitalab, so will go there for Preg test and infusion if I am fortunate enough to be pregnant... We go to Cape Town as well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fleur, I find sometimes the clexane hurts and other times it doesn't sting...I do find the needles are thicker than other ivf needles...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Romy Sydney For This Useful Post:

Fleur L  (17-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi kiwi77,

We met on 2/3 in hospital during our intralipid infusions, I hope your scan went well and everything is progressing well for you. Have you switched to prednisolone and how are you finding it? I had my scan on Mon 11/3: I'm now 7wks 6 days, heartbeat 154 per minute, all going well - thrilled to bits (fingers & toes crossed!). I expect to have another infusion in a few weeks, do you know when your next infusion is?

Me 48 / DH 54
    10 + years unsuccessful IVF attempts with own & donor eggs; numerous failed Dr S protocols; FET Feb 2013 using donor egg from Cape Town + Dr M intralipid infusion finally BFP due Oct 2013

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kaz - Hi, welcome to the thread! HUGE congratulations to you for your BFP!!! WOW, I was reading your signature and what a long journey you have been on and to finally achieve your BFP I'm thrilled for you!!!!! I also had 3 failed Dr. S Bondi Protocols. It didn't work for me so I switched to Dr. M. and I'm back to Cape Town for my final FET and hoping Dr. M's treatment will be the answer I have been looking for. - Enjoy your pregnancy!!!!
    Last edited by helenmac; 17-03-2013 at 07:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kaz: so happy to see your positive result!!! And after all these treatments! You are a hero! Can i ask for you winner protocol? What was done differently this time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Welcome to all the newbies - wow this thread is growing!

Kaaz welcome! You found us.... . I am so happy to hear that your scan went well, isn't is AMAZING to finally see and hear a heart beat after all this time...I had my scan on the 6th March & the heart beat was around 125 & my lil Chilli (as I am referring to it as) measured at 6 weeks and 2 days. I had another BT yesterday and levels are now around 34985 progesterone @ 58 so I need to pass that info on to Dr M but I am thinking I will be going in for my next intralipid around the 30th March. I am going for another scan to on Weds 20th so hoping to see more of my lil one .
    FG - Good luck with the IVIG today!
    Jaandaw - Welcome back I think I saw you post awhile back on this thread. My NK levels were 21.9% (very high) for CD56 & my CD57 were @ 50/mm2 (very high). I started on the Bondi Protocol: First go I was on 10mg of Prednisolone start of my cycle then up to 20mg after transfer + 20mg Cleaxane & 200 mg Progesterone Pessaries (ended in Chemical) 2nd go: Increased predinosolone to 35 mg after transfer (ended in Chemical) 3rd go: Increased prednisolone to 40mg after transfer (BFN). As I did not have success with this protocol I sought the treatment and advice of Dr M and he had me trial dexamethason (another steroid similar to predinisolone but stronger) did that for 6 weeks had another hysteroscopy and levels of CD56+ decreased to 3...So did a fresh cycle under Dr Ms protocol (dexamethason, 40mg cleaxane, 400mg x2 daily progesterone + intralipids and I am now 8 weeks pregnant... everyone is different & I have heard many women get success off just using the prednisolone and cleaxane I think you just need to find what works for you - Good luck!
    Romy: Have fun in SA
    Scruffy: How you doing, any symptoms yet?? Me nothing...

Hi to everyone else!

Me 35 DH 33

Trying since 2009
    4 IVF cycles: 4 chemicals, 3 BFN
    Feb 2013 PGD + Dr M's protocol with Intralipids and finally my BFP Due Oct 2013

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwi77 For This Useful Post:

festivalgirl  (17-03-2013)