Page 6 of 99 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default High Natural Killer Cells

Kiwi- good luck for ET tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, joining this thread as I have recently been diagnosed as homo MTHFR (C677T), positive for ANAs and also some elevated natural killer cells (30 per high power range - not sure if this is high?)

We are doing our fourth IVF cycle, this time with ICSI as we also found out my DH has antisperm antibodies.

I have started 10mg prednisolone "early" (my FS has prescribed from day transfer) to try and get my system primed. Will start aspirin after EPU, and will also start Clexane from transfer. Also on Megafol too

Looking forward to hearing all your positive stories about overcoming these immune issues. It's such a long road to finally find out what's wrong, I'm hoping that once all the extra steps and drugs/vitamins are in place our BFPs come quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bella978 View Post
    Kiwi- good luck for ET tomorrow
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to all of the newbies to this thread. And warm regards to all of the 'oldies'!

Just wondering if anyone else is doing anything with their diet to reduce inflammation?

I am on high dose fish oil (my acupuncturist recommended this to reduce inflammation) and the Vitamin D and Caltrate that Dr M recommends but wondered if anyone has also read about going gluten free and dairy free? It seems like lots of women in the US with immune issues are doing this type of diet for their IVF cycle. I've already weaned myself off coffee (sigh).

Good luck to all with treatment this week.

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Kiwi - I'm hearing ya on risky sides effects with Humira but I figure if it'll get me pregnant I'll put up with it! All the scarey ones are much more likely with excessive long term use and I'll only have two injections in 1 month or at the very most 4 injections over 2 months. I still don't know if Dr. M will prescribe it to me as he's suggesting I have IVIg and Neupogen instead. I'm not convinced that Neupogen is enough for my aggressive high nk cells in the uterus which is why I'm pushing for humira. How did your embryo suvive the thaw? Hoping that it was transferred ok and this one STICKS!!!

Litefantastic - Welcome to the thread. Wishing the very best for your IVF cycle with the immune meds. Hopefully it'll do the trick and you'll be announcing your BFP very soon.

Festivalgirl - I have thought about doing the gluten & dairy free thing but I honestly don't think I could do it. I've done dairy free before for 3 months which wasn't too bad to do but gluten free I would find extremely difficult! I'm on fish oils, InNatal, Bromelain Forte (derived from pineapple) and Cumerone (which reduces inflamation). When I'm on the immune meds I'll include calcium vitamins also.

Hi to everyone else

6. The Following User Says Thank You to helenmac For This Useful Post:

festivalgirl  (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all
    Well transfer went well just a waiting game now! Started clexane shots last night, Prednisolone up to 40mg a day, pessaries 3 x 200 per day,6 fish oil tablets, 2 natal completes & 3 calcium tabs whoo such a lot today swallow!
    Feeling good had yesterday & today off wk to relax this sticks, blast thawed well & had expanded & was starting to hatch although I'm sure it was just starting when they froze it???
    lots of thoughts going through my head cannot believe this is my 7th attempt...such a long journey really didnt think it would be this long or tough on every part of my world....it's my 3rd since being diagnosed with high nk cells & on the steroid treatment which they say takes an avg of 3 times to really wk after you start the treatment, anyone else know the stats? I dont know just praying this it....even if I am only blessed with one healthy happy beautiful bub that's my family set. Keep throwing it up to the universe to work with me this time.....
    sending lots of positive vibes to all!!!

Last edited by kiwi77; 11-09-2012 at 16:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just popping in to say hi to everyone, lots of newbies since my last post. No news for me yet, it has been 6 weeks since I had my blood taken and my results have only just come back. I'm not sure if anything has shown up yet and need to wait for another phone consult with Dr.M.. I sure hope he can help, I don't think I can wait much longer to start another cycle.
    Kiwi for a sticky little embie, I do hope you're wrong about it taking 3 goes with new treatment I've given myself a limit of 2 more stim cycles then game over!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gretchen View Post
    Just popping in to say hi to everyone, lots of newbies since my last post. No news for me yet, it has been 6 weeks since I had my blood taken and my results have only just come back. I'm not sure if anything has shown up yet and need to wait for another phone consult with Dr.M.. I sure hope he can help, I don't think I can wait much longer to start another cycle.
    Kiwi for a sticky little embie, I do hope you're wrong about it taking 3 goes with new treatment I've given myself a limit of 2 more stim cycles then game over!
    Hi Gretchen - dont worry Im not sure where I heard that and everyone is different! I have heard that it has happened sooner and you know everyone is different...If your body responds well then you could get luck first go, I do hope so with you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by helenmac View Post
    Hi Ladies,

Kiwi - I'm hearing ya on risky sides effects with Humira but I figure if it'll get me pregnant I'll put up with it! All the scarey ones are much more likely with excessive long term use and I'll only have two injections in 1 month or at the very most 4 injections over 2 months. I still don't know if Dr. M will prescribe it to me as he's suggesting I have IVIg and Neupogen instead. I'm not convinced that Neupogen is enough for my aggressive high nk cells in the uterus which is why I'm pushing for humira.
    Helen - I don't know if you follow some of the other online forums but there was a post about Humira this morning from an Australian woman who has just used Humira. She said "I recently finished one treatment of it (consisting of 2 injections over a one month period). It was prescribed for me because I have uterine CD57 NK cells. Dr Beer (Is Your Body Baby Friendly) said CD57 cells emit TNF-alpha. Humira was originally developed for treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. It encourages successful implantation and reduces the risk of miscarriage. Dr Beer recommended use of Humira when someone has poor NK suppression with IVIg on the NK cells assay, failed cycles with LIT and IVIg, elevated numbers of CD57 in the endometrium, a history of endometriosis and elevated Th2:Th2 ratios on the cytokine assay. If you have Dr Beer's book, please go to pages 153 to 155 for further details."

Her email address shows up online - so please let me know if you want to contact her and I will PM you (once I work out how to do that!)

Kind regards, Festival Girl

11. The Following User Says Thank You to festivalgirl For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (13-09-2012)

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Festivalgirl - Thank you soooo much for looking out for me. Yep I know parent2be (Justine) she and I have been emailing each other for a few months now. I'm helping her out with the whole egg donation route in SA and she is very knowlegable with all the immune issues. She was a patient of Dr. M a few years back and has tried IVIg, neupogen etc without success. She finally found a GP who will prescribe Humira and she has the support of an overseas immunology clinic re blood testing then she'll have egg donation at the clinic in Cape Town that I went too. Unfortunately she is in Perth so I can't go to her GP so I'm just hoping Dr. M will allow me to go on the Humira as both my husband and I are going to more or less beg him!! My apointment is in 2 weeks!! Can't wait to get the ball rolling.

If he allows me to go on it I have to have bt's to check my TNFa in Chicago then have a shot of Humria wait 2 weeks and have another shot then wait 2-3 weeks to have more BT's sent to Chicago. After that if I haven't flared I'm to wait 2-3 months before I can have my FET (and 1 week before FET, I have a IVIg). It's a long drawn out process and if there is a flare then 1 more course of Humira will be required which will delay everything a further 6 weeks!!!