Closed Thread
Page 59 of 94 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaandaw View Post
    Hi Y'all, Can I jump in here?

My DP, (we're same sex couple using unknown donor sperm), has just received biopsy results and has been told she has "a slightly increased population of natural killer cells (NK Cells) within the lining (endometrium) of the uterus", our FS said it should be under 10, and DP's is 20. I can't find any info on scales online, and have Dr Beers book but its SO full on its scary so Im trying to avoid it, any advice around the scale of severity?

We're pretty devastated, NK cells was suspected by our old FS but he wouldn't test for them, just wanted to treat as if DP had them and we wanted second opinion. Our new FS didn't think DP had them, but tested to put our mind at ease, and they effing came back elevated

As for treatment, she wants DP to use 5mg of pred from day one of next cycle, then add clexane from transfer, both up until 12 weeks preg. Is this a fairly standard protocol?

Should we be asking for any further testing or details of our biopsy? Should we be asking for different treatment?

Thanks in advance, hoping you "experts" can help us through this scary time. Xxx
    Very standard protocol.. Don't worry to much.. The clexayne hurts like hell, but it's worth it.. I had 3 miscarriages before they diagnosed me with high nk cells and low amh.. Plus a blood clotting disorder..
    I had a baby 6 weeks ago

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Goanaspaner For This Useful Post:

jaandaw  (13-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jaandaw - Definitely standard. I had multiple miscarriages and was on clexane til 37 weeks, prednisolone till 24 weeks, aspirin til 32 weeks and megafol all the way thru. Now I'm here feeding my 2 week old!

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nat84u For This Useful Post:

jaandaw  (13-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou so much Goanaspanner and nat84u, very reassuring.

Are there any other tests we should be asking for?

And can I ask what your NK levels were? Im still trying to get some idea on scales of severity.

Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    My level was 21, but I don't really know if that is high so it will be good to hear some others. I assume we are talking about the same thing... It was a CD56 level.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

jaandaw  (13-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsErinR View Post
    My level was 21, but I don't really know if that is high so it will be good to hear some others. I assume we are talking about the same thing... It was a CD56 level.
    Gosh I have no idea, FS just said level should be below 10, and DP's is 20 I feel so in the dark

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jaandaw View Post
    Thankyou so much Goanaspanner and nat84u, very reassuring.

Are there any other tests we should be asking for?

And can I ask what your NK levels were? Im still trying to get some idea on scales of severity.

Xxx
    I never found out the actual number but they were "high". That was the last test I had before I started the clexayne and predesilone.

I hope very much that it works for you and your partner
    👍👍

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Scruffy - SO excited for you seeing the heartbeat!!! WOOOO HOOOO!!! Simply wonderful news!

Jaandaw - My levels are also 20 (CD57 - uterine high NK cells). This was tested with Dr. Sacks but some Dr.'s have different testing techniques so hard to compare results. Has your partner had the blood test for high NK cell's too (CD56)? I also have high blood NK cells which were 19 at the last BT.
    5mg sound's pretty low dosage for prednisolone but perhaps this is a starting point and may increase closer to transfer? Wishing you every success.

Romy - Fingers crossed for your little embie and hope that SA brings implantation on your holiday!! I can highly recommend Cape Fertility Clinic for any infusions but I'm not sure where you are staying? I'll be there 17th April, for my FET can't wait!

Festivalgirl - My IVIg is booked on Saturday 6th April and my FET is two weeks later. All the best for your IVIg.

Welcome newbies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, I hope i am posting in the right section.
    I have recently had a phone appointment with Dr Matthias and am waiting for the results, however, I think most likely I will also need to have bloods sent to Chicargo as i have ANAs and thyroid antibodies.
    We live in Albury and i will be visiting Sydney next month hopefully to get Chicargo tests done. I would like to have both active NK cells and also dq alpha matching done for my husband and me.
    Has anyone else had the dq alpha matching done?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Goanaspaner View Post
    Very standard protocol.. Don't worry to much.. The clexayne hurts like hell, but it's worth it.. I had 3 miscarriages before they diagnosed me with high nk cells and low amh.. Plus a blood clotting disorder..
    I had a baby 6 weeks ago
    Hi Goanaspaner - when you say Clezane hurts like hell, can you let me know what you mean? I am not sure what side effects to expect. If I have transfer this month (cross fingers for good embies ) then I will be going onto Clexane.

To All - has anyone else just been on Clexane or has everyone been on Prednisone + Clexane?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by helenmac View Post
    Scruffy - SO excited for you seeing the heartbeat!!! WOOOO HOOOO!!! Simply wonderful news!

Jaandaw - My levels are also 20 (CD57 - uterine high NK cells). This was tested with Dr. Sacks but some Dr.'s have different testing techniques so hard to compare results. Has your partner had the blood test for high NK cell's too (CD56)? I also have high blood NK cells which were 19 at the last BT.
    5mg sound's pretty low dosage for prednisolone but perhaps this is a starting point and may increase closer to transfer? Wishing you every success.

Romy - Fingers crossed for your little embie and hope that SA brings implantation on your holiday!! I can highly recommend Cape Fertility Clinic for any infusions but I'm not sure where you are staying? I'll be there 17th April, for my FET can't wait!

Festivalgirl - My IVIg is booked on Saturday 6th April and my FET is two weeks later. All the best for your IVIg.

Welcome newbies
    Good Luck with April's FET!!