Closed Thread
Page 56 of 94 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wonderful news Kiwi. I'm so happy for you 😉
    Im sure Dr S will be jumping on the IVig/intralipids bandwagon in no time !

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillac For This Useful Post:

kiwi77  (07-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news Kiwi !
    How long will you be in the drug protocol?

im still waiting for my skype time ( 11 april )with the clinic and im going to see a immunologist in 2 1/2 weeks. They dont treat nk cells here in iceland so im gona have to sell them the idea... And tell them about drug protolcols...

The doctor that did my tests in the UK recommends 20mg of steriods from stimmulation day and intralipids. But i have tried intralipid before and it didnt do nothing for m e so i want to try IVIg next.
    What doses of IVIg are you girls having? I have read that the most common dose is 40mg. Does that sound rigth to you?

Hope everybody is doing well

good luck in your scan scruffy!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi B123,
    I think that I had 25mg of IVIG - there was a small and a medium bottle. I'll be having more IVIG in 10 days or so and will double-check and post the dose for you.
    It is very expensive and has to be specially ordered so prepare yourself for the cost. Wishing you all the best. FG

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats kiwi wonderful news!!!! Arch yo soon with you all xoxo Crofty

6. The Following User Says Thank You to crofty For This Useful Post:

kiwi77  (07-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    *Catch up with you all soon!!!

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Kiwi - I just got goosebumps!!! So excited for you it's such a special moment when you see the heartbeat!!! Scruffy YOU are next!!

B123 & Festivalgirl - IVIg dose is supposed to be 400mg per kg but Dr. M seems to prescribe 15g to everyone, regardless of body weight. I'm about 64kg so my infusion should be 25g not 15g and I quizzed Gweneth about it and she said that Dr. M can order more but obviously it'll be so much more expensive!!! I can barely just afford the $2,250 for 15g so better then nothing I say! Romy - Well done to you for pushing for the Sunday transfer. I tell ya if you DON'T speak up these days, you don't get quality treatment. Fantastic result and you can have peace of mind. Crofty & Cheals - Good luck for your biopsy's!
    Last edited by helenmac; 08-03-2013 at 08:43.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to helenmac For This Useful Post:

kiwi77  (07-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by B123 View Post
    Great news Kiwi !
    How long will you be in the drug protocol?

im still waiting for my skype time ( 11 april )with the clinic and im going to see a immunologist in 2 1/2 weeks. They dont treat nk cells here in iceland so im gona have to sell them the idea... And tell them about drug protolcols...

The doctor that did my tests in the UK recommends 20mg of steriods from stimmulation day and intralipids. But i have tried intralipid before and it didnt do nothing for m e so i want to try IVIg next.
    What doses of IVIg are you girls having? I have read that the most common dose is 40mg. Does that sound rigth to you?

Hope everybody is doing well

good luck in your scan scruffy!!!

thanks b123 - I will be having intralipids once a month up until 12weeks then will be have some blood tests done to monitor my levels after that to see if there is a need for more. Goodluck with your protocol!

Kiwi

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by helenmac View Post

B123 & Festivalgirl - IVIg dose is supposed to be 400mg per kg but Dr. M seems to prescribe 15g to everyone, regardless of body weight. I'm about 64kg so my infusion should be 25g not 15g and I quizzed Gweneth about it and she said that Dr. M can order more but obviously it'll be so much more expensive!!! I can barely just afford the $2,250 for 15g so better then nothing I say!
    Helen, you are freaking me out!!! I usually weigh around 70kg but with prednisone and fluid retention I am around 75kg at the moment (sigh). I agree with you about barely being able to afford the $2250 for 15g. Too late for a radical diet now - may have to chop off an arm I have to have faith that Dr M knows what he is doing. Scruffy - you had better not be a 40kg lightweight! You are our IVIG pin-up girl.
    FG

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!

I am joining in on your thread. I have received test results indicating high NK cells so my FS has recommended I go on Clexane post ET. M

My last cycle (antagonist - Jan 2013) was cxl post EPU as my only embyro stopped developing on the day of transfer. So I have not used the Clexane yet.

Tomorrow I start a long down regulated cycle IVF/ICSI with growth hormones this month, commencing with Lucrin tomorrow.

Nice to meet you all!

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Festivalgirl - Sorry to freak you out Us Aussie girls are in a position where we don't really have much option but to go with what we get! It makes it difficult when there is so much info online with the overseas clinic treating women with the correct dosage according to 'Is you body baby friendly' - Beer's treatment. Ideally I would like to follow it exactly but money doesn't grow on trees. Perhaps that's why most of us that achieve a BFP will require monthly IVIg with Dr. M to top us up!! Remember IVIg is more aggressive then intripilids so at least you will be having top notch treatment. But there is always neupogen - but that's another story......!!