Closed Thread
Page 54 of 99 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Scruffy - I was just talking to my friend on the phone - she had the immune response rash that you mentioned you had had with the intralipids. Like you it resulted in a chemical pregnancy. On her next cycle she was on IVIG. The rash disappeared when she took IVIG but she said to tell you that her FS in New York told her that if you get the rash then potentially you will need IVIG every 4 weeks throughout your entire pregnancy. I don't want to freak you out but wanted to pass on her experience so you can ask lots of questions. She followed this protocol and has a beautiful little baby boy.

April - I really feel for you. You are a brave lady.

Kiwi - I'll be checking on Wednesday. In the meantime the intralipids will be working away doing marvellous anti-inflammatory things.

AFM - Am injecting lucrin on a long cycle with my first blood-test on Thursday. I just need one embryo but two to transfer would be beyond wonderful!!! Please.
    Like Scruffy and Helen I will then be on the IVIG in my case due to TNF alpha of 37.

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Romy - I will be flying back from Cape Town the following day after my FET! I wouldn't worry about flying, plenty of women do it and have successfully fallen pregnant.

Festivalgirl - So wonderful to hear that you will be having IVIg for your next transfer. It's that bit stronger so I'm sure it will do the trick! Also it will benefit to bring down your cytokines. I had assumed they were really high when you mentioned previously your TNF alpha was high but 37 isn't too bad. My TNF alpha levels were 23 before humira and they raised to 31.6 so just slightly over higher end of normal. - Interesting what you say about the rash. I will keep that in mind.

Hi to all the other ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    FG - It wasn't me who had the rash with intralipids. Thank God, I'm not sure we could afford to do IVIG every four weeks Glad everything is getting started for you and hope the IVIG does the trick for you

Helenmac - Wow, two weeks until Cape Town, how exciting

Romy - best of luck for your transfer too, it is so good to see lots of action on here. Must try and update the roll call....

B123 - Where are you based? Is it easy to get into the overseas clinics?

MrsErin - so sorry about your BFN, I did read it on another thread and want to send you big hugs

Kiwi - lovely to meet you and have a good chat to someone who understands this whole crazy journey. Will be stalking all day Weds to see your ultrasound result

Big hi to everyone else, sorry I know I missed a few people...

AFM - IVIG went well. Have had a little bit of spotting today (One red and a few brown). I know that is nothing to worry about but it still freaks you out, so trying to take it easy. My scan is not until next Monday as DH away from Thurs I could go by myself later this week but know I will need him there if it's not good news and obviously want him there if there is a heartbeat

Thanks
    Reviews
    Scruffy: im in Iceland. Its no problem. There are so many clinics out there and they all want us the only difficult thing is to choose what clinic you want.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls if ovulation is today (day 1) and I have day 5 blastocysts does that make transfer sat (day 5)or Sunday (day 6)by your calculation of protocol?
    I think my clinic are trying to tell me sat as they don't usually do transfers on Sunday.
    For my last FET in Nov 2012 it was the equivalent on Sunday..Day 6...
    Unfortunately after so long in this game you become very sceptical and don't always trust ...
    Appreciate your help,
    Romy xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Romy Sydney View Post
    Hi girls if ovulation is today (day 1) and I have day 5 blastocysts does that make transfer sat (day 5)or Sunday (day 6)by your calculation of protocol?
    I think my clinic are trying to tell me sat as they don't usually do transfers on Sunday.
    For my last FET in Nov 2012 it was the equivalent on Sunday..Day 6...
    Unfortunately after so long in this game you become very sceptical and don't always trust ...
    Appreciate your help,
    Romy xx

Hi Romy

I had my EC on the 1st Feb & transfer back in in the 6th Feb with day 5's. If your doing FET I'm not 100% sure how the timings affected.
    Maybe question your FS to be sure they are being out back in within the ideal timeframe.

Good luck
    xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks kiwi for ur info. We have the same FS don't we??

I was thinking the same but in summary they tried to tell me sat essentially because they don't generally do transfers on sun...I joined the dots and worked it out and when I spoke to the FS he rattled off blah blah blah...but after my questioning he agreed to do it on sun.
    Anyhow spoke to preferred nurse there and she supported me sticking up for myself.
    It really annoys me that they make decisions to suit their scheduling and costs, not the patient first!! This whole journey is soo stressful and I'm tired if inpatient friendly policies....

Soooo it will work out to be 2 weeks since intralipid which works well....

Thanks Helen on info re flying .. I am off on holidays next thurs 14th... Soo transferring on sun will be fine then

Me 31 / DH 36
    Feb / March 2013 #12 FET PGD, Bondi Protocol + Intralipid

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unpatient friendly ... Sorry typo

Me 31 / DH 36
    Feb / March 2013 #12 FET PGD, Bondi Protocol + Intralipid

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Had my biopsy finally and now just waiting for results.. Have been told it can take 3 weeks to get the results, which is disappointing as I am hoping to start a fresh ivf cycle ASAP. Can anyone tell me when in your cycle Dr M starts you on medication? I'm doing a long cycle, so egg pick up wont be until late next month IF I can start cycling when my next Af arrives. The only thing my blood test picked up was a small imbalance in my MTHFR gene, which I've been told that it is very common.

Congrats to you ladies with your BFP's, hope all is going well and wishing you lots of luck and happiness.

Cheals

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Cheals,

Hmm, this is a difficult question and the answer depends on so many variables.

I know that quite a lot of us on this forum - like me - start prednisone/dex 21 days before Day One of a cycle and then clexane from Day One added in as well. But this really depends on what your results are and what Dr M prescribes for your situation. From what I understand, to be in this category you really need big NK numbers.

If your bloodtest didn't pick up high NK cells then hopefully you won't need to have such an aggressive protocol so potentially you can start any required immune drugs much, much later.

Sounds like you have had really good news so far. I hope that your biopsy results are also really good.
    Best wishes, FG