Closed Thread
Page 5 of 99 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    April - when is your consult? I am getting them to send me info.

Fertility clinic stuffing me round again, after saying I start pred on Day 1 they are now saying not until after trigger, as you can imagine I am not happy with that. Waiting for a phone call back to see who wins the argument

Thanks
    Reviews
    OK I won and actually a better result than imagined. The FS reviewed my file again and changed everything!!! (So last Friday's Day 21 appointment a big waste of time!)

Anyway starting 10mg Prednisolone Day 2 and upping it to 25mg post trigger. On low dose Gonal F at the start of the cycle and Pregnyl trigger and booster shots post transfer.

Feeling much happier and more positive about the plan - let's hope this is the one

PS - Sorry about the 'me' post

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Scruffy - That protocol sounds much better! Well done you for pushing for the change. It's such a big deal as that change could determine your future!!!! Wishing you every success for a BFP!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to helenmac For This Useful Post:

Scruffy  (06-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I haven't posted (other than to subscribe) since this thread started as I was waiting for results but I now have official confirmation that I have high NK cells so I'm joining in!

Scruffy - Glad your FS agreed to a protocol you're happy with. this will be a lucky one for you. All the best for your FET.

April - Dr Matthias asked lots of questions at my first appt and I also had tons of things to ask him. They were mostly related to my specific issues, but make sure you make a list and add to it as you think of things so you don't forget to ask him!

Earthpower - Glad you had a nice relaxing holiday Sorry I can't help you with info about the biopsy. At my first appt I had already had most of the necessary BTs (karyotyping etc) and he just told me the next step would be to have the biopsy and hysteroscopy to determine if there was anything in my uterus preventing implantation (which there was - see below)

Festivalgirl - I'm sorry that your cycle was delayed, but giving the DHEA an extra month will hopefully do good things for your eggs

KatherineLouise - If it helps, Dr M told me today my starting dose on Prednisolone would be 25mg/day and that should start about 3 weeks before scheduled transfer. What did they say about the Aspirin?

Parkville - Did you get a BFP this cycle?

Nat84u - Hi Hope you are nice and relaxed in the lead up to the wedding. No doubt it will all go smoothly with all the planning you've put into it!

Helenmac - Glad Dr M has a plan for you for your cycle. I have not heard of Neupogen or Humira - what do they do?

Littleratbag - Congrats on your pregnancy and I hope everything goes smoothly for you!

Kiwi77 - WIshing you luck for your FET. I hope this is a sticky one for you.

Satelite75 - How is your first cycle going?

Gretchen - How did your BTs go? Any results yet?

Hello (and apologies) to anyone I've missed.

AFM - I will give a quick run down of my history. You will see on my signature I've done 6 transfers - # 4 & 5 were chemicals. I was originally diagnosed with endometriosis and DH has anti sperm antibodies. After my 3rd BFN I asked my FS about NK cells and he basically brushed it off. He put me on what they call their Luteal Protocol (5 days steriods, 5 days anti biotics, Clexane and Progesterone) and I got my first BFP but hcg was only 37 and dropped to 24 two days later. I read about Dr M on here and made an appointment. He immediately booked me in for a hysteroscopy and endometrial biopsy for the following week and ordered some more blood tests. Had a phone consult today and found out that he removed 4 polyps from my uterus and I have very high CD56 and my CD57 are within a normal range. He plans to treat with steriods (start 3 weeks before transfer), Clexane, Antibiotics and Intralipid Infusion.

Can anyone clarify that CD 56 are the uterine NK cells and CD 57 are the blood NK cells? Also, if they give you a number result is that a percentage or is there some scale? Dr M gave me my NK cell 'numbers' but they mean nothing to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am seeing Dr Matthias as well. He is amazing.
    Here is a link I found useful for explaining NK tests and normal levels
    http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...message/112834
    I also found the following link really informative - based on Dr Alan E Beer pholosopy (which I think is who Dr Mattias trained under ?)
    http://www.repro-med.net/repro-med-site2/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for those links MsCurlyGirl Are you currently cycling?

I forgot to ask in my post - does anyone have a copy of Dr Beer's book that they would be willing to lend me? I will pay for postage and post it back to you when I've read it. Please PM me if so Thanks.

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Bella - Sorry to hear you have high nk cells but if your going to have high nk cells it's better to have high CD56 (blood) then CD57 (uterus). CD57 are the most aggressive to treat. It's a good thing your polyps were removed and you will now be treated properly for your immune issues. You have a very good chance with the treatment. It's very exciting for you.
    You don't need to worry about Humira or Nuepogen as these drug treatments are for CD57 the more aggresive high nk cells and Intripilids are to reduce the high levels in the blood so along with the other drugs Dr M has recommended, you are definately on the right track!!
    When are you planning on commencing your cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Bella,
    I remember you from last Sept. I am cycling now. Had a 3 day 7 cell emby transfered on Mon 3rd Sept. I only got one emby this cycle!
    Alot has happened since my miscarriage. (End of my relationship and alot of soul searching and finally a decision to try on my own using anonymous donor sperm).
    Seeing Dr Mattias has been instrumental in my journey. Ive had blood tests - but could not have the uterine biopsy as I was already cycling.
    Based on my blood results Dr Matthias wanted me to have an itralipid infusion before transfer to give this emby a chance - so I had this done last Saturday at Hurstville Private.
    If this emby does not stick I will book in for a uterine biopsy in my next cycle. This will determine if we need to amp up the immune treatments.
    Im also doing the Bondi protocol with my IVF clinic (but higher prendisone and progesterone pess strength than they suggest-at Dr Matthias' recommendation).
    Fingers and toes and everything else crossed.

I have found the Alan Beer Book availabale from a UK website with free delivery
    http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Is-Y.../9780978507800
    Ive used this website before and very fast and trustworthy. For the price of $A24 it might be worth just buying your own copy.

Good luck everyone

Thanks
    Reviews

Default High Natural Killer Cells

Thank you so much for that info Earthpower9 and to Bella it looks like the babydust has worked. A BFP BT on Monday followed by another confirmation BT yesterday with very strong progesterone levels :-D
    Still early days but very excited to actually 'feel' pregnant. I am still continuing my Plaquenil medication to try to keep my ANA levels down and want to keep researching to make sure I can continue the pregnancy. A bit nervous about coming off the Crinone gel and letting my body take over, but my FS is slowly reducing my doses.
    I wana throw my reserved babydust over all the ladies on the forum. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All
    Wow lots of us on here! Well I have ET on Monday so my lil snow baby will survive the thaw....Im so scared as its my last one and I am just really anxious.. Just hope this is THE ONE....
    It was hatching on day 6 as they froze it so as long as this treatment holds my NK cells at bar then I should be good - if not I'll def be on the phone to Dr M for my next full cycle...
    Parkville/Littleratbag/Nat - congrats to all of you for your BFP! So exciting.
    Nat also all the best for the upcoming Wedding!!
    Bella - at least you know why things havent been happening - for me it was a such a relief to finally understand why it wasnt sticking or lasting...
    Helenmac - I think Humira is quite aggressive would DR M be willing to do this considering all the side affects?? Sorry dont want to put a downer on it but I am overly cautious...but if it works I guess we just have to weigh it up dont we.
    MsCurlygirl - I am on Bondi Protocol too - what strength prednisolone and pessaries are you on? Also what other things had Dr M go you taking along side it?
    April - hows the cycle going any news??
    Scruffy - glad to hear you stuck to your guns, its really important we get what we want, this journey is hard and long enough as it is.

For all those of missed - good luck and keep positive!

Will keep you posted after my transfer - BT is on the 21st....