Closed Thread
Page 47 of 94 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Scruffy - Huge congratulations to you and your DH. WOW you must be completely thrilled! Go the IVIg!! Looks like it did the trick and good on YOU for pushing for it. Brilliant strong numbers too. I'm so happy for you.

Kiwi - Sorry to hear that your BT numbers were low and that it's looking like a chemical. It's so very hard to accept when you were so close with implantation attempting to happen. How are you going? I do hope it's not an etopic. Wishing you well.

Romy - Good luck with your intripilid. Fingers crossed this is the magic ingredient that will result in a BFP!

Crofty - Such a shame about AF arriving early and your biopsy has to be re-scheduled. In regards to the DHEA I don't think it matters how long you are on it but definately a minimum of 3 months so you are fine.

Hi to all the other ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default High Natural Killer Cells

Scruffy - not sure on numbers - haven't seen double lines ever (except on an ovulation stick -lol) congrats again, such great news!!!

Kiwi - dh and I went to Thailand may/June last year as well and did our FET when we got back after trying for a natural miracle!!! I was soooo over IVF and the stagnant lifestyle it brings - as sometimes you just feel like you don't fit in to anyone's world!!! Anyway - hope you and dh have an awesome time- pm me if you have any questions , we went to Bangkok and Phuket

Romy good Luck for Fridays infusion!!!!

Helen mac - thanks for the reassurance - eases me a little as I don't want to be growing any male parts and all.

AFM - sooooo frustrated, I've been ring Dr Ms office trying to reorganise my biopsy- uuurrrggghhh - not use to working with such disorganised people, it puts all my plans outa wack and I don't like it- hopefully I know more today as Dr M needs to now be consulted as apparently, I may not fit into his schedule/plans!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi

Hi all,

Ive been reading your comments since being diagnosed with elevated natural killer cells about a month ago and it's helped me understand a bit more what's going on with me, I'm don't normally do the post thing.....

I wondered if any of you could help with a question, only after reading your experiences did I think to ask how high my levels were....it seems I'm only a little elevated.

At first I was so excited to think that this may have been the reason why my natural attempts (2011-12) and four IVF try's were unsuccessful( 2012), but now I'm unsure. My FS had me down to start the bondi protocol, and she sent me for a second opinion from Dr S. where he said my levels really weren't that high and he didn't think it would make a difference, that it was probably my old eggs (42yrs young).

As I don't really have a good grasp of the numbers I thought maybe one of you may know...has anyone had only slightly elevated NK cells, and gone on any of these protocols and it's worked?

Unfortunaly I read all your info too late, and we are underway with our last attempt, we just don't have the emotional or financial stability to start fresh with a new approach. I am waiting to hear back from our FS( we changed for our last try and she seems really supportive) on her thought as to what we should do now.

Any advice would be appreciated, we really want to give this last attempt our best shot, I have been following naturopathic advice re food, environment and taken millions of vitamins.

I read some of your posts and think 'oh god I've been there' , it's been nice to not feel so alone on this journey.
    Loiki

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

My levels are only slightly elevated -- on the highest end of the normal range actually (14?! Can't recall) but I also have a wack immune system -- asthma and allergies -- and have miscarried twice so my FS put me on 10mg on prednisone/day and wanted to do intralipid, but I couldn't because I'm allergic to peanuts.

It seems to have worked -- 8 weeks pregnant yesterday, my previous tries I miscarried weeks 5-6.

I have also managed to get my immune system in check, largely through (I believe) taking high-potency probiotics.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyW For This Useful Post:

loiki  (20-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Betty,
    wow that gives me hope! I haven't been able to get to the blood test after egg transfer so far. I generally get I very good egg, the last one had started hatching even and it felt like it was working until it didn't. It doesn't seem to matter how many are retrieved, i only end up with one by day five, and never have any frozen. My new FS has suggested going with day three eggs and possibly even putting in two, due to new research suggesting that these eggs could potentially go on to develop. We are also doing hi magnification sperm selection at Westmead, as my partners sperm( only tested by new FS) came back fragmented.
    thanks for responding, I think my level may be 14 too, my FS hasn't mentioned intrallipid, so I might ask her opinion on that too.
    many thanks

Thanks
    Reviews

Re: low count on day 5, my first round I got 8 eggs and only one to implant on day 5, no frosties. Ended up being a chemical pregnancy. When you say you haven't gotten to blood test -- you mean you start bleeding after transfer?? I had this too and my FS put me on extra Hcg shots at transfer and a few days after for cycle 2.

Second round my FS gave me 3 doses of Luveris (on cycle day 7, 8 and 9??), I got 15 eggs, 2 to implant and one freezer baby! He gave me the Luveris because he said a drug rep had given them to him, they're usually almost $200 an injection but when I go back for baby #2 (if frosty doesn't work) I will absolutely be forking out for Luveris!! May be worth reading up and asking your FS.
    Last edited by BettyW; 20-02-2013 at 11:14.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi ladies can u tell me on what day of ur cycle do you usually have intralapid ??
    Is approx 16 days before trans too long??
    It could be less but I just don't know when I'm going to ovulate... It fluctuates ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, i hope everyone is doing well!
    Quick question wanting advice second test came back with levels of 259...but progesterone dropped down to below 10...so up in the air still. I feel it's my fault now as I stopped the pessaries thinking that was it...they want me to take another test on Friday but they told me not to start back up the pessaries, should I or is it not worth it...I have been bleeding on and off since last week...Are my progesterone levels too low for a viable, am I just getting my hopes up...

Kiwi

Thanks
    Reviews

Kiwi, you have a fighter in there!!! I would definitely get back on the progesterone and this is also the advice Dr M gave me with my last chemical when I was spotting.

OMG have everything crossed for you...

Thanks
    Reviews

My dr is also "progesterone progesterone progesterone" any time spotting is mentioned -- I would definitely start taking the pessaries again Kiwi.