Closed Thread
Page 39 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default High Natural Killer Cells

Hi cheals. I had my biopsy on aug 14, waited for my period (Dr M & FS said if it was normal then ok to start) then began a fresh stim cycle on sept 21. I think the biopsy is a fairly minor procedure, I had no discomfort after. Mine was done at 4pm and I was back at work the next day. Has he diagnosed NK cells?

Hi Helen - good to see you back and glad your af issues are resolved! Dr m orders BTs to test surface markers CD56, 19,8 & 4 about 4 weeks after each intralipid infusion. I then see him 1-2 weeks after that to get the results. Based on this he adjusts my meds and schedules my next intralipid.
    Last edited by Bella978; 26-01-2013 at 09:08.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi ladies. I think I may also have immune issues. Is there a reproductive immunologist in Brisbane that anyone can recommend?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi cheals
    I had a biopsy which came back clear of NKC. I then started a FET cycle after I got my periods. There is evidence to suggest that having an Endo biopsy the cycle prior to IVF/FET helps to aid implantation of the embryo. This worked for me.
    As Bella said the biopsy itself is a fairly minor procedure sort of like a Pap smear.
    Ladies,
    I have been quietly reading along your posts. Wishing you all the best this year x

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Bella and Lillac..
    Thank you both for your response. I'm hoping that I will be able to start a cycle in march now I know that you both didn't have to wait long. My bloods showed an imbalance in a gene that can cause blood clots in my uterus, which i was told it can be treated with medication while doing a cycle. I knew there was something wrong after so many fails. So now I just need to get the all clear from my biopsy so I can try again. I'm seeing my new FS next week so will be able to discus a cycle with all this new of my bloods.
    Thank you all for your help and caring x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

Sorry this is a bit of a me post...I am bit worried got my bloods back today and the nurse said my Estro. levels are around 6000 which is way too high for so early in on my cycle. I started on the Gonal last Tues 22nd & my EC isnt suppose to be until the 4th Feb. I have to go for another BT & scan tomorrow so they can see whats happening. I am a bit worried about OHSS after the EC or at worst my cycle being cancelled for it...I havent had any issues before but each time is diff and I have read somewhere that researchers found slightly too much of the hormone can alter the necessary genetic process at the implantation site in the uterus and can drastically shorten the fertility window. I have also read that they can coast you (either miss a gonal injection or reduce the amount Im on) but I have read that this too can damage the quality of the eggs...argghh. I guess I jst have to wait until the scan tomorrow for more info on whats happening..Sorry just worried as we are scheduled for PGD and timing is everything for that.

Has anyone else had high levels early??

Kiwi

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi kiwi
    I can't remember what my exact E2 levels were but it was over 5000 on about cycle day 8 which was also a bit too high. My FS ordered me to take the trigger a couple of days later and EC shortly thereafter. I did get a bit of OHHS.
    If you are worried about egg quality can your FS bring the EC forward ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lillac,
    I dont know if they can as I have scheduled PGD which is all around the timing when they can screen...I had my US today and the found 10 follies on one side ranging from 10 - 19mm and about 12 on the other ranging from 8 - 18mm. All up only around 6 were ranging between 16 - 19 my lining was 8.5 so they may want to trigger me early just not sure what that means in the PGD stakes...
    They will call me this arvo to let me know it all depends on my BT results.
    Hopefully everything goes ok...arghh why cant they just all grow together...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi kiwi
    just be pushy with them that they need to change ur PGD dates , there is always a way... Don't let them tell u that the cycle has to be cancelled or anything like that.
    my PGD egg collection was 2 days earlier than scheduled plus I have heard from the nurses that it happens regularly...ur with IVF Australia right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Romy, thanks yep I'm with IVF Aust. My BT results came back at 8000 today & they still want me to continue with same 225 of Gonal, I thought they would reduce it or something...going for another BT & scan tomorrow so I will see what they say & will take ur advice & be pushy...Really dint want this to be cancelled & now my levels are even higher worried about OHSS...I'm sure he knows what he's doing but just gotta wonder sometimes...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Hi Kiwi – thanks for the info – not sure what CD’s are yet J guess I’ll find out after my biopsy. Hope your levels are starting to “level out” if that makes sense :S

Jones76 – G/L with BT results from Chicago!!! – it sounds funny to say, but “hope they pick up what’s wrong!!!” through your BTs J

Romy Sydney – hope you were successful with booking in your F/U with Dr M – have you been for any BTs yet?

Bluebunny – welcome, I think Nat84u is best to answer your Q as Nat fell pregnant naturally under DrMs protocol (after failed IVF cycles) – Nat had issues with O’ing

Goanaspaner – G8 to hear another success story like yours!!! I am hoping that this is the reason why I have had 7 failed transfers (no hint of a BFP) as my NK cells interfere with implantation – here’s hoping J G/L with the birth of your bubba – do you know what your having????

Betty W – congrats also on your BFP!!! Sorry I can’t help you with your Q either L hope your FS can help you out???

Helenmac – hope your cycle is going well J congrats on AF finally coming back! Do you what has caused Stage 1 Ashermans at all???

Hi Cheals – Dr M advised me that I can start my next down reg stim cycle after my biopsy as any protocol would start 21 days before either PU or transfer – and a stim is usually about 6 weeks between Day 1 of first AF and EPU. When’s your biopsy planned? Mine is (tentatively) scheduled for the 11th of Feb – just waiting to hear if it’s been booked in for that day now – might give them a call today. My results showed that I have positive NK cells and T-regulatory cells and I have the MTHFR gene which can also impact on implantation – so sounds as though were very similar!!!

Mrs Q – I don’t think there are any RI’s in QLD (unless they also moonlight as FS’s J) some of the ladies on this thread travel from WA for their infusions!!!!

Scruffy – how did your IVIG go????

Festival girl – getting ready for your stim??? How do you feel on the prednisone?

Hi to, April, Earthpower- how are you going????

How are the UTD’s going – Bella and Nat???

Not much else from me – just waiting to confirm the date for my biopsy – otherwise, here’s the rollcall – please update, add or remove anything if you want (about yourself of course J) I’ve added some newbies – you can remove yourself if you want J

Cycling/Protocols
    Kiwi – cycling, EC 4 Feb
    Scruffy - IVIG 24th Jan, FET
    Helenmac – cycling, EC ???
    FG – about to start 21 days of Prednisone for an early February stimulated cycle
    Crofty – biopsy 11th Feb, stim cycle Feb/March
    Earthpower –
    April –
    Zacmic –
    Mayflower –
    Mrs Erin R –
    Jones76 –
    RomaSydney –
    Bluebunny –
    Cheals –
    Mrs Q -

UTD