Closed Thread
Page 21 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillac View Post
    thanks kiwi, what a shame your treatment didn't work. it is heartbreaking when so much effort and hope goes into something and it fails. will you be staying with Dr S for IVF?
    i have been in two minds about using my last two blasts before seeing Dr M.

I have a FET scheduled this month so if I need Dr M's treatment it will be during a new stim cycle. Today I had a bit of a breakthrough. My FS rang with results from my endo biopsy that I had done a few weeks ago.
    The biopsy was done to cause an injury that is supposed to aid implantation however FS sent the sample away for testing and it came back very low in NK cells. This was a bit of relief for now but he did say my endometrium is 'out of phase'. therefore the uterine receptivity is not great.
    FS convinced me to keep going with this cycle and give the natural FET cycle a final go, and I am using Clomid which is supposed to resolve the out of phase issue.
    So my plan is now the same. I will play the 'numbers game' again during this cyle and proceed with Dr M's appt in December if no luck
    Lillac, thats great news you have low NK activity from your biopsy.
    Good luck with the natural FET that will be the one!
    I will def be staying with Dr S as I feel so comfortable, he is the only one that I really feel understands this whole nK cell issue apart from Dr M. He did not try to persuade me against seeing DR M & said it w my choice & I had to do what I felt right however he did suggest I try PGD prior to the Intraplids but from what I have read that isn't guaranteed if you have high nk cells...so I will just go with both Dr M & Dr S treatment plan. Reading the success that a number of ladies have had with Dr M who have Nkcells has given me hope that my next time under this protocol will be it & it will work & I will be a mum!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Lillac welcome to the thread. I hope that Dr M can give you some answers if this FET isn't successful. DOn't think twice about 'cheating' on your FS. They'll get over it! I didn't even tell mine to begin with, he figured it out when I requested he send all my BT results over to Dr M.

April78 - I'm so sorry that it was a BFN. I'd imagine he will do intralipids without a biopsy. The only thing to consider might be that if you do have high NK cells in the uterus it's far more successful to have the IVIG infusion rather than intralipids.

Helen - did AF finally arrive??

Scruffy - glad your phone appt went well and it's great that you can do the protocol on a fresh cycle.

Littleratbag - congrats on your pregnancy.

FestivalGirl - how is everything going with you?

Earthpower - Hope your cycle is going well. Not too long until your intralipid infusion! Very exciting!

Kiwi - How is the Dexa going? Any side effects? How much longer are you on it? Have you read Dr Beer's book? He says somewhere in there that a lot of FS will suggest PGD but he feels it's an unnecessary expense unless there is a real reason to suspect a chromosomal issue.

Nat84u - I lol'ed at you saying Dr M is so busy b/c you keep recommending him. I'm telling everyone who will listen about him! When Gwyneth said how busy they were I said he is getting quite a reputation on forums and she said "Stop telling people about him - we're too busy!". Sorry Gwyneth, no can do!

AFM - I'm going well. We had our viability scan today and saw a wonderful little heart beat flickering away! We are 7w1d. Just one bub despite transferring 2, but needless say we are absolutely thrilled. Dr M has ordered more BTs to check NK cell levels next week and then I have an appt the following week with him to discuss results and when the next intralipid infusion will be. For now though I continue with the 35mg pred, 1200mg progesterone, 40mg clexane.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bella978 For This Useful Post:

kiwi77  (12-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bella, that's awesome news about the little heartbeat! Im so thrilled for you and DH! Such an encouragement for all of us as well! I hope you can now truely enjoy this pregnancy!

How is everyone else going?

AFM, Im on my Day 7 now and got intralipid booked in on next Sunday 18th November. Im now just trying not to worry I will Ovulate earlier than expected so there still will be enough time for Intralipid to kick in before the transfer. Does anyone know how soon it comes into effect? Straight away or take a few days. My transfer won't be until 21/22 if everything goes smoothly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bella - congratulations on the heartbeat - that is amazing and brilliant - I hope you guys are celebrating on this big milestone!!

Earthpower - I know that IVIG is 3 days to kick-in not sure about intralipids? How exciting for you to be at this stage. Wishing you tremendous luck on your FET - are you putting back one or two? Like Bella my FS is recommending 2 this time for me as I am over 40 (we need to be able to get 2 of course!)

AFM - have weaned myself off all the drugs and am now just trying to lose the 5kg that I ended up putting on with the prednisone - Bella you are so lucky that you are slim and sporty! Just reminded DP that he needs to keep up the zinc and vitamins as we aim for a January cycle. Having weekly acupuncture and trying to eat well and rest and prepare my body for another round of stims coming up. This time I am going to ask if I can hold off on doing IVIG until I am sure that I have enough follicles to go ahead with a cycle and the cycle is going well.

Best wishes to all. FG

6. The Following User Says Thank You to festivalgirl For This Useful Post:

Earthpower9  (10-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by April78 View Post
    Have attempted to update the roll call - please make any changes.

Dr M's Miracles

Helenmac - ?

Earthpower - Intralipid 18 Nov & Transfer Nov 21/22

Kiwi - biopsy end Nov, full stim cycle Jan

Festivalgirl - ?

Scruffy - Transfer Nov ?

April78 - IVIG 17 Nov & Transfer Nov 28 ish

Lillac - FET Nov ?

Graduates

Nat84 - Baby boy DD 28/2/13

Bella
    - BFP Oct 2012, scan date?

Littleratbag

Just updated mine - Bella congrats on the heartbeat so excited & happy for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    FG, glad to hear you are taking advantage of the break and get everything in order, enjoy it and its amazing how quickly our body can bounce back and Im sure it will make a difference on your Jan cycle!

Im putting back the very last 2 embies this time, so it is definitely a bit nerve-wrecking every step of the way...I don't know how our brain can create so many worries and its not funny. I'd better not to wast any space here talking about it... take one day at the time and do as much meditation as I can... Thanks for the info about IVIG...its a bit exciting that now trying the 'big guns', at the same time, Im also managing my own expectation IYKWIM...

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Earthpower9 For This Useful Post:

festivalgirl  (11-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Earthpower! Two embies sounds like a great plan!

WRT your intralipid next weekend - I was lucky to have Bella as an infusion buddy. But if you are on your own the nurses are lovely and they check you all of the time, there is a TV in your room and a good book is a great idea as the infusion takes ages. Bella and I both thought that next time we would sleep over at the hospital rather than getting picked up after midnight. Prepare yourself mentally as you will be in maternity wing. Wishing you lots and lots of inflammation dampening!! X

Thanks
    Reviews

Dr M's Miracles

Helenmac - ?

Earthpower - Intralipid 18 Nov & Transfer Nov 21/22

Kiwi - biopsy Nov, full stim cycle Jan

Festivalgirl - ?

Scruffy - EPU approx 23rd Nov, FET approx 29th Nov

April78 - IVIG 17 Nov & Transfer Nov 28 ish

Lillac - FET Nov ?

Graduates

Nat84 - Baby boy DD 28/2/13

Bella
    - BFP Oct 2012, scan date?

Littleratbag

Just updated me - Day 3 today so everything kicking off. I am doing EPU to test and bank some more CGH embryos and hopefully an FET with my one 'normal' frosties. Just waiting for blood results so Dr M can adjust my meds. I'm a bit worried I may have to do a last minute dash to Sydney for IVIG. How late can you leave it before transfer??

FG - Thanks for the IVIG info, how is your wait going. I hope you are relaxing and enjoying the time rather than willing it away.

Earthpower - yay for 2 embies!! I would secretly love twins but DH not so keen on putting two back

Kiwi - Good Luck with biopsy, hopefully this gives you some answers

April - thanks for the role call. Good Luck with IVIG, I'm not far behind you - let's hope this is our lucky month

Bella - Congrats on the heartbeat, you must be over the moon!!

Nat - How are you getting on - getting bigger now?

Lillac - fingers crossed for this FET, good to have a back up plan but hopefully you won't need it

Thanks
    Reviews

Default High Natural Killer Cells

Hi ladies I hope you all had a great weekend🌞
    That is lovely to hear that bella and festival girl did the hospital stay together ☺!
    Kiwi I totally understand wanting to stay with Dr S because of feeling comfortable . I am the same with my FS (hence my feelings of guilt) . I've never had a doctor that I've had so much contact with!! Luckily I haven't had to deal with the medical profession much until IVF came along.

Hopefully I will find out tomorrow when my FET will be I have another BT in the morning

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry this is a bit of Me post. Had my D10 b/t and just got the result, seems my prog is 40 so Im on my way to O which is a bit early for me. So im a bit concerned now that Intralipid won't have enough time (worst case will be on the same day or 1 day before the transfer) to kick in before the transfer. I just asked Gwen to check with Dr. M if this is the case. Does anyone know that they do Intralipid only at the weekend or can do during the week? thanks guys!