Closed Thread
Page 18 of 99 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies,
    Sad news from my end - my cycle got cancelled yesterday. At my first ultrasound I only had 2 follicles - one already at 19 and one poor little one at 9mm. So doctor decided that my ovaries had just been put through too much and wants me to have a rest. I will get to speak to him on Monday about next steps. My husband and I were devastated. Dr M had advised that the IVIG lasts longer in your system than intralipids so wanted me to do my next infusion on a BFP.
    If there is anyone out there reading these posts and is wondering if they should get tested for NK cells - DON'T wait until you have used up all your frosties! I should have gotten testing before I used our last frozen embryo - and thought about it seriously - and instead I went ahead and had a chemical. I know now that I can't maintain a pregnancy within a significant immune protocol so the poor little embie didn't stand a chance. I wish we still had our frostie now as my major worry is whether or not I can produce an egg.
    So it looks like it will be at least a couple of months break for me - already started weaning off the prednisone and eating bread!
    I will checking in on everyone from time to time so please keep updating.
    I will be thinking of everyone with great hope and good vibes. FG

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Festivalgirl - I'm so sorry that you are going through this. I'm afraid my last message to you I got confused thinking you were doing a FET so sorry about that!! I hope that your ovaries can regenerate after a few months break. Could you do a full stim cycle and freeze all the embies and then go on all the immune meds doing FET's? Wishing you all the very best and thinking of you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to helenmac For This Useful Post:

festivalgirl  (29-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    FG, I'm so sorry to hear the news, it must be devastating for u and dh! It's such a hard road and we have all been there and pls be kind to yourself! Hope you will recuperate and might as well enjoy this "enforced break"! Maybe even try naturally without all the pressure given Ivig still in your body and you are still weaning prednisone...you never know especially you did got pregnant naturally before...take care and thinking of u!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Earthpower9 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    FestivalGirl - I'm so sorry to hear that your cycle has been cancelled again. That is just devastating. Sending you massive hugs.

EarthPower - I take 35mg pred each day. I have 1 x 25mg and 2 x 5mg. I take them all in the morning after breakfast as I found taking them early had less effect on my sleep. I don't feel weak in the muscles but I have been noticing a terribly dry mouth the last week or so. Not sure if it's from the pred, but assume so.

April78 - sorry the transfer didn't go as smoothly as you'd hoped, but glad you got your embies on board!

HelenMac - Glad you got your results from Chicago. When is your apt with Dr M to discuss?

Hi other immune ladies

AFM -Well, I'm sitting here writing this hooked up to my Intralipid drip at HPH. I just saw Dr M and he looked pretty pleased with himself (as he should!!). My HCG is doubling every 46 hours or so and progesterone is nice and high so he's happy. I go for another BT with him in about 3 weeks to check my CD56 cells and others to check that they are sufficiently suppressed. Follow up appt in 4 weeks. He expects at least 2 more infusions - one around 11-12 weeks and possible another around 19-20 weeks (but all dependent on BT results). Until then I continue with weekly BTs at my clinic. I am still trying not to get excited as it's so early and I'm absolutely petrified something will go wrong. At the same time, if it doesn't, I don't want to look back and say I spent the first trimester scared to breathe!

Hope you've all had a lovely relaxing weekend xx

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bella978 For This Useful Post:

Earthpower9  (29-10-2012),festivalgirl  (29-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Festival Girl - I am soo sorry I hope you were good to yourself over the weekend. My heart goes out to you and I hope you can recover and cycle again soon.

It might not give you comfort but earlier I asked about seeking help now or using my last frostie with the same old protocol. You were the one who said not to use my frostie and see Dr M sooner rather than later. Thank you so much for your advice, it was hard at the time to take a break and wait for Dr M's appt but I know you helped me make the right decision

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Scruffy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Default High Natural Killer Cells

April, how is your 2WW going? What date is BT?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best of luck April for a BFP!!! Sending you loads of sticky vibes!
    Last edited by Earthpower9; 30-10-2012 at 20:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, just back from the appt with Dr. M tonight so its kind of a ME post.

Biopsy result confirmed that my CD 56 is high around 400 (I have no idea what this means, Dr. M said normal range is around 100)...CD 57 is around normal range. He also checked the uterus cavity and said all is good. So finally I've got my treatment plan to go ahead, basically its the combo of 35mg prednisone, clexane (start from transfer day as Im doing FET), intralipad a week before transfer, Doxy and high dose of progesterone. I think this is very similar to Bella's, I just hope I will be as lucky as her!

I also have to ask you Bella, do you recall what your CD 56 reading is? As Im not sure what 400 put me into what range but Dr. M did say the treatment should be effective to keep it under control. Also if you don't mind, would you pls PM me the chemist details for progesterone, thanks in advance!

Hope everyone is having a nice evening!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default High Natural Killer Cells

April I'm keeping everything crossed for a bfp for you! Let us know when you poas! Are you still on pregnyl?

Earthpower - your protocol sounds the same as mine except I started clexane earlier (fresh cycle). Dr M told me on Sunday that he's not using clexane as a blood thinner for me, it's to 'promote a healthy placenta growth'. Whatever works! I really hope it works for you too I'll pm you chemist details. They are near penrith but you can fax the script and they'll arrange delivery if it's too far from your house.

Edited to add my cd 56 was 95% which he said is quite high but I truly don't know what to compare it to! Almost sounds like a different scale to yours earthpower?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bella978 For This Useful Post:

Earthpower9  (31-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for the PM Bella! Interesting concept of why he is using clexane, I agree, whatever works we will just do it! No idea about the different scale of CD56, anyway, I now have complete confidence in Dr. M and I kind of not even bother asking too many questions...I will just go with it! Last night was the 3rd time I saw him, I found him calm, patient and the way he assess each case then issue the treatment plan shows me that he has lots of experience in this area and I trust him fully! I also saw a lady while waiting who is 21 weeks pregant and Gwen told me that she has never been able to hold a pregnancy until she is under treatment of Dr. M. More hope for us!