Closed Thread
Page 17 of 99 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default High Natural Killer Cells

In fact, around the time my precious embryo would've been implanting, I went out for my birthday and drank a whole heap of alcohol... Got my VERY unexpected BFP 3 days later. Just the right mix of drugs from Dr M I'm assuming!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Nat - that makes me feel very happy. I love my occasional wine but hate the guilt that goes with drinking it!! Also don't think I could stick to a gluten free diet - I have a very active job and if I don't have carbs for breakfast I am starving by 10am!

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Thanks for all your messages and support.
    I finally got through to Gweneth this morning after being unable to reach her on Mon/Tue. I explained that AF STILL hasn't showed up and that I ovulated on Saturday. She said Dr. M's not in today blah, blah, blah. I told her I'm really worried and concerned that my outflow tract is blocked and she basically laughed and said 'I seriously doubt it'. She said she be speaking to Dr. M this afternoon and get back to me. It'll be very interesting to see if I hear from her in the next couple of days.

Fed up, I ended up going to my GP this afternoon. She said she can understand how I would think that way considering the hysteroscopy involves a curettage but she believes it would be highly unlikely that this is the case. She said that it's not uncommon for the provera to NOT bring on AF and that since I've ovulated (on Saturday) the best thing would be to wait until 2 weeks (3rd Nov) when AF is due. She's said it's more likely that my hormones were disrupted after the surgery and that if there was any blockage due to scaring that I would be having pelvic pain and cramps (which I have none whatsoever).

Before I was 90% sure that I have some sort of adhesion blockage but now I'm more like 50-50. My Doctor hasn't totally convinced me and she gave me a referral to have a internal ultrasound if AF doesn't come by the 5th November. So it's a waiting game once AGAIN!!!!

Hope you are all going well and welcome to Jaandaw & Nell I look forward to following your journey's
    Last edited by helenmac; 24-10-2012 at 16:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Firstly, welcome to jaandaw and Nell - I firmly believe that if I didn't find information about Dr M on this forum I'd still be transferring perectly good embryos into a hostile environment. Get all the info you can and ask lots of questions on here as many of us have been through a lot of the tests etc already and can also give ideas on what to try next. I really recommend Dr Beer's book "Is Your Body Baby Friendly'. I got it after starting treatment with Dr M and even still it's a wealth of knowledge. I wish I'd gotten my hands on it 2 years ago, it may have saved me 6 cycles of heartbreak.

Helen - I'm glad you finally got onto Gwyneth and also that your GP gave you some reassurance and a U/S request. I'm keeping my fingers crossed AF shows soon and all is OK for you I do find her manner a bit intimidating sometimes (so much that I made DH call her today lol).

Scruffy - I didn't go gluten free. I eat a fairly healthy diet normally so I made no big changes. I would have a glass of wine occasionally if we are out to dinner or something. I don't drink a lot of coffee but I didn't give up my cup of tea in the morning until I got my BFP. I've since moved onto hot Milo! FS assures me that tea is fine in moderation but I will play it safe and stay off it for a while as I'd hate to have anything to blame if something went wrong... I have a whole list of things (many 'old wives tales') that I did this cycle (some I've done previously and some I haven't) that *could* have been the difference, but I truly, truly, truly believe the only difference for me this time was Dr M's immune treatment and the removal of my uterine polyps.

FG - any word on another infusion? I think I am going in on Sunday, waiting to hear back to confirm. How's the jabbing going so far?

April - how did transfer go? Are you PUPO?! Let the 2WW begin!

Kiwi - Sorry to hear about the 4 kgs . I've been on Prednisolone for 5 weeks now and although I haven't noticed any side effects I've stayed well away from the scales! My FS wasn't happy about me going on such a high dose (now 35mg since bfp) but he gets no say anymore, whatever Dr M says goes!!!

Hi Earthpower and Nat84u and anyone else I've missed!

AFM - DH & I did a little high 5 when we woke up as today marks 5 weeks! Still don't really believe it. Having another BT on Friday so just praying that HCG is going up as it should. Hopefully getting another Intralipid infusion this weekend too. If anyone else is having one let me know and I'll look out for you

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bella978 For This Useful Post:

Scruffy  (24-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bella,
    Not sure if I will be your cycle buddy again this weekend! I would certainly love to see you and would pop in if Hurstville were a little closer! G called me this morning and will let me know tomorrow what Dr M advises. At this stage, all being well, I am looking like an egg pick-up next weekend and then hopefully 2 x Day 3 embryos transferred after that.
    From what I have read on-line the IVIG gives me 4 weeks which runs out tomorrow.
    I will let you know.
    As for diet - Scruffy I know that you asked this question. As my NK cells and TNF alpha is so high - I have decided to be gluten free. I am already vegetarian but my acupuncturist has begged me to include some fish so I have been poaching Tassy salmon and having that in addition to all of the normal vegetables, fruit and legumes that I have. Also baking my own gluten-free bread and eating the gluten-free pasta etc. Lots and lots of green tea. No dairy - am on almond milk. And have given up soy and tofu for the first time in about 10 years.
    I am also having acupuncture once a week to cope with the bloating (from the prednisone). It is helping. Prednisone is making me feel highly anxious and lots of nightmares. Cannot wait to stop taking it! My skirts and pants don't fit me anymore. But I started taking it in July - so I have been on a high dose for a while now. Hope everyone else is not so bad.
    Welcome to the newbies!
    FG

7. The Following User Says Thank You to festivalgirl For This Useful Post:

Scruffy  (25-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    April - apologies - forgot to write that my fingers are crossed for you and your two embryos. How awful in the operating theatre! Like you need anymore stress than you are already under! Poor thing.
    Thinking of you with hope.
    FG

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

April - All the best for the 2ww. I've never heard of going under for a transfer before only with egg collection. Wishing you all the best for a successful outcome.

Festivalgirl - Glad to hear that you are being closely monitored by G and Dr. M as it gives me hope. I actually don't consider that I'm in treatment until I'm actually cycling so not that worried yet. I expect you'll have another IVIG soon and wishing you the best for the thaw of your embies and transfer.

Earthpower - How are you going on the prednisolone? I found that it interfered with my sleep and that I was always so HUNGRY!!

Scruffy - I'm also thinking of going on a special diet once I'm closer to cycling. Gluten free diet can really help with reducing inflamation so it's worth a shot I reckon!

Bella - Thanks for the PM. How was your BT today? All the best for your infusion. So exciting that everything is going along perfectly

Kiwi - Hope you are going well on the dexamethasone. Is it similar to prednislone? Hope you are not getting any side effects on it.

Hi to everyone else

AFM: I didn't heard back from Gweneth which I was prepared for so I ended up emailing the Chicago Lab and arranged for a copy of my blood test results through them. I was surprised to see that I do not have high TNF-alpha and my TH1:TH2 ratio is normal. I thought considering I have high CD57 that my TNF-alpha would also be high and have high cytokines. Well the Humira will still be useful to block my high CD57 in the uterus so perhaps only one course will be sufficient. All the other testing I couldn't make sense of so once I hear back from Dr. M I'll have more of an understanding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helen, glad your TNF-alpha and TH1:TH2 ratio is normal, one less thing to worry about. I had a read of your last post and thought your GP's reasoning was pretty logical so try not to stress too much, you know sometimes we always thought about the worst and Dr. google doesn't help either. I just hope the waiting game is not too painful for you.. As of prednisone, I take it straight after breakfast so minimize the chance of insomnia, so far so good. As of hunger, OMG, Im a 'hungry hippo' all the time! Trying to go to gym more often though to work it off. I do find that my body react better to prednisone when I have more food in my tummy! What a dilemma!

April, sorry to hear the drama at the transfer, well, more importantly you are now PUPO, hope TWW is treating you kindly!

FG, hope everything is ticking along nicely and you will have loads of eggs harvest next weekend!

Bella - hope the Friday b/t gave you more confidence that this is IT! Let us know how you go with the infusion at the weekend.

Welcome to the newbies and hello to everyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use take mine in morning as I was told this was prob best due to insomnia, lucky I really didn't get it anyway...only blurry eyes & the 4kgs...I was however on a high dose of 40mg per day...no side affects yet from the dexamethasone, taking 3 x day after food. Hoping to start back, no I mean I will start back at the gym next week to keep the kilos at bay...
    Hope everyone's all good!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Predinisone buddies, just wondering do you take them (i.e. 25mg for me so 5 little pills) all at one go or take it 2x a day? Also I feel I get some weakness of my muscles…anyone have this ?