Closed Thread
Page 14 of 99 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ladies, thank you all so much for the support I really appreciate it.

Of course about 12 hours after I got the positive result I had some spotting and it's still happening. Hasn't got worse, but hasn't stopped either. It's super light (to the point where I may not have even noticed unless I was so paranoid!) and there's not really any cramping so I'm trying to stay positive.

I emailed Dr M immediately and Gwyneth asked him right away and called me back. He said rest and increase the progesterone pessaries to 3 x 400mg a day. So I've taken today off work. I already had my BT this morning and will call for results after lunch. I'm so terrified this isn't really happening or something is going to go wrong, I just can't relax. Dr M also said he wants weekly hcg and progesterone BTs so he can monitor me. My FN said the clinic would be happy to do those for me which is good.

FestivalGirl - I'm sorry the natural cycle wasn't a success but very pleased you can do another stim cycle straight away to get the most from you IVIG. You asked about the next Intralipid infusion - Gwyneth says depending on today's numbers they'll book me in for late this month or early Nov.

Kiwi - are you on dexamethasone before a biopsy to see if your NK numbers decrease?

Helen - any news on the AF front? I hope she comes soon.

Earthpower and Scruffy - Hope you are going well

I'll pop back in later with today's levels, hopefully with good news

Thanks
    Reviews

Default High Natural Killer Cells

Bella - Don't stress, just do what Dr M says... Trust me :-) I had a prog drop when I was in my early weeks and everything was fine. He'll do weekly BTs until your first scan (he says 9 weeks for scan but I snuck in at 7 weeks!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Nat! I have a scan booked for 8th Nov with FS... that would make me 7w1d. I have complete trust in Dr M. He's gotten us further than ever before and that's huge. I wonder if he'll do a scan also?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Numbers are in...

HCG 303 (up from 106 two days ago)
    Progesterone 147 (up from 92)

I might hug Dr Matthias when I see him next! I can't believe this has finally happened for us.

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Bella - Fantastic news!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! This is it!!! You are going to be a mummy!!! So excited for you!

Festivalgirl - Yes I went to Miranda too and Chris did the draw of my blood. I have no idea why she didn't bulk bill me. I might call her next week and ask if they have changed things and why they no longer bulk bill.

AFM: Still no AF. Gweneth said to wait one more week and call back if it hasn't arrived. More waiting!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Bella - He'll give you a form to get a scan at around 9 weeks. I went to both scans (one at 7 weeks and one at 9 weeks!). I've been seeing him every... Hmm 2-4 weeks since I've been pg.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome Bella - glad to see they are heading up! Its such a stressful time... you get preg. then you worry so much its hard to enjoy all the joy about being preg...Try and relax (easier said then done) but try your hardest!
    Yes I am on the dexametheson to see if my levels decrease. this works but 6 weeks is a long wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Bella978 View Post
    Ladies, thank you all so much for the support I really appreciate it.

Of course about 12 hours after I got the positive result I had some spotting and it's still happening. Hasn't got worse, but hasn't stopped either. It's super light (to the point where I may not have even noticed unless I was so paranoid!) and there's not really any cramping so I'm trying to stay positive.

I emailed Dr M immediately and Gwyneth asked him right away and called me back. He said rest and increase the progesterone pessaries to 3 x 400mg a day. So I've taken today off work. I already had my BT this morning and will call for results after lunch. I'm so terrified this isn't really happening or something is going to go wrong, I just can't relax. Dr M also said he wants weekly hcg and progesterone BTs so he can monitor me. My FN said the clinic would be happy to do those for me which is good.

FestivalGirl - I'm sorry the natural cycle wasn't a success but very pleased you can do another stim cycle straight away to get the most from you IVIG. You asked about the next Intralipid infusion - Gwyneth says depending on today's numbers they'll book me in for late this month or early Nov.

Kiwi - are you on dexamethasone before a biopsy to see if your NK numbers decrease?

Helen - any news on the AF front? I hope she comes soon.

Earthpower and Scruffy - Hope you are going well

I'll pop back in later with today's levels, hopefully with good news

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Y'all, can I jump in? We're a same sex couple, (DP cycling), using unknown donor sperm. We've had one stim, (April 2012), 6 Blasties, 3 transfers and only BFN's. We have 2 frosties left, but FS has recently diagnosed DP with possible NK cells, (no testing though!?!). Is it odd that our FS hasn't suggested testing? What should we be asking? So confused

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bella, that's awesome news! When are you seeing Dr. M again? It must be exciting and nerve-wracking time all in one for you! Stay calm and enjoy the most of it!

Helen, thinking of you and hope AF has arrived!

Kiwi, how are you getting along with the dexametheson? I imagine its similar with Predinisone? any side effect for you so far?

I just started Predinisone 21 days prior to next cycle based on Dr. M's plan and I have to say I don't enjoy it at all. I missed the time that I have no steriods in my body (last time I had this was on the cycle with Dr. Sack July 2011) and a lot trimmed body and energy. Although my moon-face and chubby version of me hasn't returned yet, I dread everytime I pop those 5 little pills into my mouth. This morning, I found that my vision feels a bit blurred when looking at the computer...ah...welcome back steriods! But again, I hope it will be all worth it in the end. Im seeing Dr. M next week for my biopsy result so I will know what the treatment plan is, a bit nervious as in what he will find out...

Janjaw, welcome to the thread. Hope you will soon get DP tested, just ask for NK cell test and that might involve a b/t and a biopsy depends on individual case. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cycling again

Hi ladies,

I started my back-to-back stimulated cycle today. My FS has put me back on puregon and orgalutran so hopefully I won't ovulate through the drugs this time!! I can see why women wait a month between cycles as it is very stressful to start again so soon but I don't want to waste all of the prednisone and IVIG in my body.

I will call Gwyneth later on today to find out if I need to do another infusion of IVIG or if the one I did last month will be enough for the moment. I am keen to err on the side of caution with maybe even some intralipids (a bit kinder on our bank account) as a sort of each way bet. I wish my private health insurance covered IVIG it would be so much less worry for us.

Bella - hope you and J are enjoying this special and exciting time!!
    Earthpower - I have put on so much fluid with the prednisone (approximately 6kgs!) so I hear what you are saying about the moon-face! Acupuncture is helping me to manage it. And I have been gluten-free so that has been helping to control my hunger on the drug.
    Kiwi - it is such a long wait for you.
    Goodness Nat a February baby is not too long to wait now and I see that you will be having a boy!

A big hello to everyone else.
    Welcome Janjaw - make sure that your FS does a proper NKC test. If you are in Sydney, Dr M is in Miranda. Testing involves bloods and a endometrial biopsy.

FG