Closed Thread
Page 11 of 94 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by helenmac View Post
    Festivalgirl - Do you have any idea when Dr. M is back from holidays? I need to get my TB results back mid next week before I can start the US bloods. Also with the USA bloods what exactly did you wrap them in? Bubble wrap only and then a box? Did you have to write the address on the box or do First Couriers do that? Thanks. Hope you are going well and good luck trying naturally.
    Hi Helen,
    I am not sure about Dr M and being back from holidays sorry! He has been great in getting back to me through Gwyneth whilst he was away. Very thankful for that level of care.
    WRT bloods for the US. I sat in the back of the Laverty clinic near Dr M's clinic in Miranda and wrapped the blood vials individually in a kind of plasticised, tissue paper that the phlebotomist gave me. They just went into a plastic bag. We had enough blood for 2 bags. I also included the paperwork that Dr M gave me. First Couriers just collected the 2 plastic bags of blood vials and the courier said that they had a box in the van. They filled in all of the other paperwork. Please call Martin from First Couriers to ask any questions. He is also very responsive and helpful. Good luck. FG

2. The Following User Says Thank You to festivalgirl For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (07-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Earthpower - was going to have biopsy on the 9th but Dr M is wanting me to wait and try the dexmethason for 6 weeks first weeks then do the biopsy. I think its a great plan that way we can see if its going to work or not.
    Did a hysteroscopy with Dr Sacks and had (very high) levels of CD57. Seems like you & I have been down a similar path.. thanks for the advice on the PGD I have a meeting with Dr Sacks so I need to ask about the bowel gene mutation to see if this can be screened. If it cant then I will reconsider the PGD path.

Kiwi

Quote Originally Posted by Earthpower9 View Post
    Hi everyone, sorry for being MIA, seems so much happened!

Festivalgirl, Im so sorry to hear your news especially this is the 1st time on Dr M's protocol and you have invested so much! Did FS say why the change of course using different drugs if the past stim cycles worked well? I know Puregon/Orgalutran combo worked really well for me and always produce good result, while I tried two antagonized cycles with different drugs and trigger, the result was very poor! So different drugs will definitely have an impact (don't think DHEA will play much of a role though). See how the natural will work this month, otherwise, maybe suggest to FS 'if its not broken don't fix it', or maybe try to change one/two elements at the time so at least you know what is affecting the cycle result? Fingers cross for you for a natural miracle for you though!

Bella, glad you have 6 eggs fertilized! That's a good result, don't forget you only need one, maybe will have some snowbub saved as well! Im cheering you on for this cycle! When is the transfer? Are you transfer a 3-day or 5-day embie?

Kiwi, did you say you have a biopsy on the 9th? Me too, together with a hysteroscopy. Glad you had a good meeting with Dr. M, the suggestion of dexamethasone is interesting before the biopsy. Have you had one done before? Regarding PGD, if I may offer an opinion, I would really be making immune issue as a priority then maybe consider PGD down the track. I had similar experience with Dr. Sacks before, 3 cycles with bondi protocol and this was the same thing he suggested to me as well, my gut feeling (at least for me) tells me managing the immune (NK) issue is the key. Good luck on making the decision, I know its so hard!
    Scuffy, I have everything crossed for you for a BFP on Monday!

Helen, Im so glad Dr M agreed on your terms! I totally get you want to invest as much as you can for this last shot, same with me....we are the 'last shot buddies'now! Where are you at the moment? More tests?

AFM, having the biopsy procedure next Tuesday, although I heard its a very routine and small procedure, I shouldn't worry, but its kind of play on my mind. Luckily, Sunday is my DH and my mum's birthday, so hopefully that will distract me a bit! I will report back once I had this done...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Scruffy - Good luck for your BT tomorrow. I hope you get your BFP! I'll be checking in for an update in the afternoon

Earthpower - All the best for the biopsy on Tuesday - let us know how you go.

Thanks to all for your positive vibes for our little embies. All 6 are OK with just one slightly lagging behind. Am having 2 blasts transferred tomorrow morning (My first time transferring more than one so a bit nervous)

I always seem to get a good Day 4 report but when I go in for ET on Day 5 usually about 3/4 are deemed 'not suitable' for freezing. Will find out soon enough. Hoping we get at least one for the freezer.

My FS was away last week so I had a different FS for EPU and I really liked her... and guess what?! She 'believes' in NK cells!!! I was so happy when I heard that. I said to DH yesterday it would be nice to have her do the transfer too so we are pro-immune issues all the way...well the scientist told me today that my FS isn't back until Tuesday and the same FS that did EPU is doing ET too.

Have a great week
    Last edited by Bella978; 07-10-2012 at 16:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wishing my infusion buddy all the best for today!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to festivalgirl For This Useful Post:

Bella978  (08-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had 2 hatching blasts transferred this morning - feeling hopeful that the steroids and Intralipids are doing their job keeping those NK cells at bay

Not sure if we have any to freeze - will find out tomorrow.

BT is Friday 19/10.

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Scruffy - How did you go for your BT yesterday? I'm so hoping you have good news to share.

Earthpower - Good luck today for your biopsy today. Thinking of you.

Bella - Fantastic news about the hatching blasts being transferred. Wishing you there very best for a BFP!! Hope you get some ice babies too.

Hi to all the other lovely ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    BFN Gutted. I was actually starting to get my hopes up. AF arrived this morning so they didn't get it wrong Have booked my phone consult with Dr M for 1st November (was pleasantly surprised to get one so quickly) and going to convince my clinic to do another egg collection to try and bank some more embryo's this month.

Bella - I hope the TWW flies by for you. I am trying to convince DH to go with two next time but he is not so sure

Helenmac - Thanks for the thoughts

Festivalgirl - let's hope you got lucky naturally this month

Kiwi - how high is 'very high' CD57? Mine were 20mmol/L and the report says anything above 10mmol/L is considered abnormal

Earthpower - Goodluck with your biopsy today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Scruffy - I'm so sorry about your BFP It's good that you have booked in with Dr. M to get some answers. Take good care of yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Scruffy, so sorry it was a BFN, be kind to yourself, this journey is such a roller coaster! But glad you have already onto planning the next step. Sounds like a great plan to have some embies in the bank!

Bella, I have everything crossed for you for this cycle! 2 hatching blasties sounds brilliant, may them find the cozy home in your tummy for the next 9 months!! Hope you have some frozen as well.

Helen, hope you are doing well! What's the next step now?

Hi to everyone else! I had my hysteoscopy and biopsy yesterday, it was such a long day, I arrived hospital at 12pm as instructed but didn't get in the theatre until 4pm! It was my D25 and while waiting there, I felt a bit cramping and a little spotting, I was so worried that he won't be able to do it due to this. Luckily Dr. M said it is ok. The procedure itself only took half an hour and went well. Dr. M said there is no scars or anything and will discuss the result when I see him next time which is at the end of this month. Meanwhile, I will be on 25mg pred from Day 7 to prepare for the cycle in November.

I am so relieved that this is over and apart from some really faint red watery bleeding, I feel fine this morning. On the other hand, my throat is really hurting and on antibiotics. I thought they don't normally put a tube down your throat during general. anyway...my small complaint!

Dr. M said I might get my period straight away, but it seems the cramping I had prior to the procedure is gone now. What's your experience on this? Is your period delayed or being brought forward?
    Last edited by Earthpower9; 10-10-2012 at 09:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Earthpower - Glad to hear the hysteroscopy & biopsy went well. I STILL haven't got my period since I had mine which was on 14th August!! Dr. M said it's probably due to low progesterone so he wrote me a script for povera. I had to take it twice a day for 10 days (today is day 10). Then I'm supposed to get my AF 3-5 days after day 10. So hopefully AF will show up!

My next step is waiting on my TB results form Dr. M. I rang Gweneth yesterday and she said they hadn't come in yet. I'll call again tomorrow. Once I get the all clear (hopefully NO TB!!) I can proceed with the Chicago bloods.

Hi to everyone else