+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I've tried the double dose panadol. No luck. Ive had migraines before this and ended up in hospital with them 3 times. The last three times the only way I got rid of them was with morphine and Maxalon at the hospital. I've tried everything possible and spoken to 2 different nurses and 2 doctors about what I could take and they have just said panadol nothing else. I've tried having my neck massaged cuz it's so sore and coffee but I threw that up. I'm just glad it's not anything to do with the baby this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Given that you are taking a number of other medications I think an in-depth discussion with your care provider about suitable medications is in order to see what your options are. Do you have an OB to chat to? Sounds like you might be a bit stuck given that things could interact with other meds you are on.

I second the massage suggestion too - I had some success with reducing migraine pain (not getting rid of it) with regular massages in pregnancy. Issue is that you are only 10 weeks and alot of places wont touch you until you hit 12 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlouise87 View Post
    I've tried the double dose panadol. No luck. Ive had migraines before this and ended up in hospital with them 3 times. The last three times the only way I got rid of them was with morphine and Maxalon at the hospital. I've tried everything possible and spoken to 2 different nurses and 2 doctors about what I could take and they have just said panadol nothing else. I've tried having my neck massaged cuz it's so sore and coffee but I threw that up. I'm just glad it's not anything to do with the baby this time.
    Sorry, I replied after you posted this. You poor thing, you sound like you've been through a tough time. If you've spoken to that many different doctors/nurses then a trip to hospital might be all you can do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sajimum View Post
    Sorry, I replied after you posted this. You poor thing, you sound like you've been through a tough time. If you've spoken to that many different doctors/nurses then a trip to hospital might be all you can do.
    I agree. You shouldn't have to continue on in pain like this.