+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Juggling full time work, uni via distance and family.....possible??

Has anyone done all this and lived to tell the tale?? Lol. Please share how you managed this! What are your tips on ways to stay organized? Did you find that juggling both full time work and study impacted on your family, or were you able to maintain a healthy balance?

i'm currently doing this without any help as DP works FIFO. I am only 6 weeks in and struggling. I am finishing work in 2 weeks because I can't do it all. I think it would be different if DP was home.

Hi Electric Pink! It's all very possible if you ensure you make time for all aspects in your life. I studied my Masters in Project Management fulltime online whilst being a mummy to 2.5 and 1.5 year old boys and working full time and managed to live to tell the tale haha. I'd go to work a little early if I had an assignment and then finish it off during my lunch and then once the babies were asleep. DH is studying the same course at the moment as well as working full time and I go back in 1 week to finish off my MBA. As long as you pack the night before, lay out your clothes and be realistic about your schedule then you can juggle everything. My babies were always #1 but I knew I had to finish my degree quickly because I needed it to work in the industry that I'm in and to get the job I wanted. This time round I'm taking it easy 1-2 units per trimester plus we're expecting bub #3 so when I'm on maternity leave I'll study full time (which will make us eligible for the rebate) so the boys can go to day care 1 day a week (because they love it soooo much) and we won't lose our place hopefully, we love the carers too much.

Goodluck, stay positive!! You'll have moments of utter madness, but keep telling yourself you're doing it for the right reason

And take a day off once a week (or fortnight) no work, no study and family time only

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BusyMumma For This Useful Post:

aish  (08-08-2012)