+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    They can only do that if I request more then twelve months leave

mummy to gods gift to us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knomie View Post
    I think im going to have a sit down with HR and document what was said to cover myself should something like a job title change for her to get her way

mummy to gods gift to us
    I think this is a really good idea. What a bish.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

knomie  (08-08-2012)

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OP as others have said I think you should record what was said and I also think speaking to the HR department is a good idea. If you cover all your bases now you won't have to worry about it later. Good luck and congratulations on the pregnancy
    Last edited by Mod-biscotti; 08-08-2012 at 08:27. Reason: Ref to deleted post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Op vent away!
    I too am having a quiet panic about my job (I'm 26 weeks along). My colleague had her first child in feb and a month ago when she requested to end her maternity leave she was told her position no longer exists and was offered 4 hours a week, on Saturdays only. I suspect I'll find myself in the same position. It sucks.job security in this country has deteriorated and maternity leave rights are full of loopholes.

Goid luck and hope your pregnancy progresses smoothly

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Waggers70 For This Useful Post:

knomie  (08-08-2012)

Mod-biscotti is online now Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Re-opening for now.

Please keep in mind that the rules clearly state that all posts are to be polite and friendly.

Cheers
    Last edited by Mod-biscotti; 08-08-2012 at 08:28.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

knomie  (08-08-2012)

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would call Fair Work and find out exactly, you can lodge a complaint about the company too that can just sit there. When you have the facts 100% correct I would present them to your boss.

Thanks
    Reviews
    what did i miss? did the thread get nasty? lol

The maternity handbook from industrial relations clearly states the following:

Your employer MUST grant you the leave and provide you with the SAME job upon return.
    IT then goes on to say that if your job is not available they must give you a job nearest in status and salary.

If you are on mat leave and request a further 12 months then they have the right to refuse you or hire someone in your position

Thanks
    Reviews
    what did i miss? did the thread get nasty? lol

The maternity handbook from industrial relations clearly states the following:

Your employer MUST grant you the leave and provide you with the SAME job upon return.
    IT then goes on to say that if your job is not available they must give you a job nearest in status and salary.

If you are on mat leave and request a further 12 months then they have the right to refuse you or hire someone in your position
    Does that count if you haven't been back for a certain amount of time between babies?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Taken from the IR website:

Your employer mustgrant you the leave and provide you yoursame job when you return. Your employercannot refuse to grant you parental leaveif you qualify and have provided therequired notice of your intent to takeparental leave (see questions 14 & 31).Your employer may however, refuse togrant you an extension of parental leavebased on the reasonable businessgrounds provided at question 19.When you end your parental leave youare entitled to return to the position youheld before you took leave. If your job nolonger exists you are entitled to return toan available position for which you arequalified and nearest in status and salaryto your former position. If there is no jobavailable comparable to your formerposition you may be entitled to
    redundancy pay.

You are absolutely right on the part that it doesnt matter if its 24 months or whatever, they have to keep your job

13. The Following User Says Thank You to knomie For This Useful Post:

missie_mackxxxx  (08-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Taken from the IR website:

Your employer mustgrant you the leave and provide you yoursame job when you return. Your employercannot refuse to grant you parental leaveif you qualify and have provided therequired notice of your intent to takeparental leave (see questions 14 & 31).Your employer may however, refuse togrant you an extension of parental leavebased on the reasonable businessgrounds provided at question 19.When you end your parental leave youare entitled to return to the position youheld before you took leave. If your job nolonger exists you are entitled to return toan available position for which you arequalified and nearest in status and salaryto your former position. If there is no jobavailable comparable to your formerposition you may be entitled to
    redundancy pay.

You are absolutely right on the part that it doesnt matter if its 24 months or whatever, they have to keep your job
    Just contact HR or the union and they will sort it out, they can't bully you just because you're pregnant

15. The Following User Says Thank You to insanity For This Useful Post:

knomie  (08-08-2012)