+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Chances, welcome! Sorry I'm not going to be much help with your question either. I was on an antagonist cycle on Gonal f 250 units throughout my 1st cycle. My estrogen level 4 days prior to egg collection was 3324.

Hi peas sew, wow selling your house can be sooo stressful! Fingers crossed for a good result.
    In answering your question about whether we sew, I used to sew all the time and can pretty much tackle any sewing challenge! But haven't had any real motivation for sewing projects for probably the last 3-4 years unfortunately. I do clothing pattern grading and marker making as a job
    Our Sydney trip isn't for a few weeks but am really looking forward to it! We rented in Bondi Junction for 10 months, but prior to that we are from Auckland, NZ.
    It's still too early to say whether I enjoy Adelaide more than Sydney as we've only been here (almost) 3 months and am still trying to make new friends. I did really enjoy the fast paced Sydney lifestyle but I am really enoying the lovely laidback and cheerful nature of Adelaide people so far. Gosh, the 2 cities are sooo different! I am loving living in Australia though

Whoops forgot to add that AF arrived yesterday afternoon! No surprise there, so just gearing up for next cycle now...
    Last edited by Westie77; 16-09-2012 at 14:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    chances - OHSS is bad but on the positive side it is fantastic that you've had such an amazing response to a low dose of the drugs (gonal f and puregon are equivalent and I'm always on 450 units of puregon and you know I've had no response this cycle). I think generally those with low AMH are less likely to have a large number of follicles but there are always exceptions. Hope things settle and you make it to EPU and get lots of mature eggs from all your follicles.

peas sew - no sewing for me, I don't have a crafty bone in my body. Good luck with your auction! Have you recovered from your middle ear infection?

Westie - sorry this cycle wasn't the one for you - hope the next one brings your little miracle.

AFM - after a last minute flirtation with the idea of going to EPU for one follicle (found out that women with one or two follicles are statistically more likely to get pregnant doing IVF than IUI) we've dropped that idea and will definitely be going ahead with IUI tomorrow (as I've had empty follicles in the past so no guarantee we'd even get the one egg - my FS said it's probably just been a bad month for me and hopefully next time will be better). I don't really think the IUI will work and am looking towards next cycle probably in October (hoping my ovaries wake up for that one).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for the welcome peas sew

Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS) is a complication from some forms of fertility medication. Most cases are mild, but a small proportion are severe.

I got that from wiki But basically it means when someone responds a little too much to the drugs and their ovaries become enlarged and you may end up in hospital. I have read a stat that 33% of all IVF women get OHSS but mostly in a mild way with no hospitalization. I guess if i am heading that way, i dont mind so much as long as i get some eggs at least frozen, if my cycle gets canceled and i'm sick i will be devoed!

Quote Originally Posted by peas sew View Post
    Hi chances and welcome to our lil group.. (i guess that is what you can call us)

i not sure.. ive been so out of touch with ivf and the normal range of hormones etc.. what is OHSS?

Hopingformore - yeh i'm confused with my response with my amh and wonder if the amh testing was wrong? My estrogen seems super high but its hard to read much on google as everyone measures estrogen differently but by all accounts the 9500 seems high for a day 11 reading. Hoping the dropped dose and restful wknd have worked a treat come testing tomorrow!
    You never know your lone embie could be a dark horse!
    Last edited by chances; 16-09-2012 at 16:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone

sorry have been so slack about getting on here and saying hi.. busy with school holidays and keeping lil man busy.. although in saying that, i think he and i surely appreciated being lazy for few days, no rush to get dressed, eat and rush out the door - was bliss!
    but unfortunely holidays are almost over and its back to rush out the door, with daylight savings, up out of bed earlier something im not good at!!
    lucky no rush for school till tuesday am we been camping with friends, which prefer not to go camping with again.. long story! but nice get away..

am still on DHEA - have to contact clinic as getting low and need more - need another prescription.. my oily hair and pimples have kicked in with it.. my last AF was fantastic, alot less pain and no clots happy girl.. hope next one be the same - actually be nice for no next one!!

how is everyone going??

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI not sure if anyone is still reading this thread? quick update..

both our houses sold and today we signed the papers for the consultation of the house.. we also saw our fertility spec. today - my curette/lap all clear, fallipan tubes clear, uterus clear and in good shape, all 18 tests all good.. except for the antinuclear antibody test.. had a repeat of it and both were borderline positive..
    start ivf/icsi for us in approx two weeks.. does anyone recommend any good threads for doing ivf NOT first time around?
    am doing the short cycle, Ang something i think its called.. he is giving me a big dose of fsh at the beginning of cycle, then at the end.. two days before egg collection i start clexane (as someone has mentioned in here) injection to thin my blood and hopefully stop the embie being rejected
    other than that.. suffered a bloody horrible migrane the past two days, on and off - its horrible.
    hoping that panadol with codeine has knocked?? time will tell..

hope all is well??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I am 35 now at 34 i had an AMH of 1.3 i was retested 1 year later (35 years now) and its 4.0! So dont take these numbers as religious. I have been taking 75mg of DHEA for the past 5 months..... dr doesnt have much faith in it but either way pay the extra $60 and get a second test done....... you just never know

Kelly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for this thread. I have AMH<1 at age 32 and hubby (34) also has low sperm count and motility so we will be looking for extra miracles! Our first ICSI cycle will be in Oct 2014.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Topdeck View Post
    Thanks for this thread. I have AMH<1 at age 32 and hubby (34) also has low sperm count and motility so we will be looking for extra miracles! Our first ICSI cycle will be in Oct 2014.

Just getting started on our first cycle - starting with GonalF 450IU, which from the sounds of it is pretty standard for low AMH situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well in 2012 I was told my amh was 9 and at that time I was 31 so it was in the low range, which along with other factors lead us to conceive our 1st and only child via ivf.
    I had an amh test done in August this yr and it came back at 25!!
    I can only conclude that I drunk alcohol at least once a week at age 31 - I was fit and ate reasonably well but alcohol was a constant compared to now, I rarely drink at all.
    Always the chance too that the fertility clinic did a faulty test or lied.

I would retest regularly and not from the same source if I was concerned.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg topdeck 450!!! Wowsers that sounds a lot - I had mild OHSS from 150 and had a cancelled cycle - I'm beginning to think there was nothing wrong with my amh and it was a dud result!

Hope things are going well so far?

Just noticed this thread is yrs old lol.