+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Good news Westie.. so happy for you.. fingers cross they all mature enough to the date of transfer and the rest freeze well.. Remembering it only takes one sperm and one egg to make a baby.. so the question is - will you be having one or two embies put back?

Hi all,
    im feeling back to normal again after weeks again surgery. got AF yesterday, surprised still have blood in there, after bleeding for a week.. maybe i need to up my supply of pads? take out shares??
    dug my head in study today, OHS - boring! so not finding that all that easy to complete.. have asked hubby to help me out - but he is such a foul mood today, told me off - then he said he needs to go fishing - yep totally agree, please go fishing!
    maybe a quiet night tonight??

i have some bunting to make for two friends bub rooms.. also need to make a skirt for cousin child.. i've been asked to be her God mother - what do i need to do for that?? anyone know?

we having left overs for dinner.. maybe just lil boy and me..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello. I am brand new to this site as we have just recently entered the confusing/ exciting/ terrifying world of assisted fertility. I found out on Monday that my Amh is only 4.3 and Repromend clinician recommended IVF straight away. I am thinking about going to Flinders to get a second opinion because I do worry that they have vested interests, given the cost of treatment. She gave us a 5% chance of conception without assistance, a 50% chance with IVF in one cycle and 75% in two. This sounds quite high to me and I'm not sure whether the percentage is for just the initial conception or a 'successful' full-term pregnancy. I still have so much to learn and not even sure what most of the acronyms on this site stand for, but I suppose I will pick it up quickly. If anyone can give me any advice/ direction I would be very grateful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Marzipan, welcome to the thread!

I'm writing on the run at the moment but just thought I'd say give FertilitySA a chance at a second opinion too. I've found Louise Hull wonderful and she just explains things in such an easy way.

My DH and I are an interesting case for her. We're just on our first cycle at the moment. Unfortunately with most clinics the first cycle is often the learning one and then subsequent changes are made accordingly in the 2nd.

I'm not confident that we'll have success in this one but I do have confidence in FertilitySA as a clinic and Louise Hull as a doctor.

Will let you know how we get on...

Thanks
    Reviews
    welcome Mazipan..

I agree with westie have a 2nd oppinion, even if only for your peace of mind.. but westie is right most of the time the first time is just stabbing in the dark to see how you response to the treatment etc, but in saying that a friend did ivf first time and conceived their little boy.. so its possible..
    but wish you all the best for your journey, hopefully its a quick one

one of my b/t came back as positive for antinuclear antibody - dont recommend researching it on the net, bad mistake.. I contacted a friend (she is RN) and she found some medication infor for me - basically it means i have inflammatory tissue, including the uterus.. so this prevents my embies planting as my body recognizes them as foreign and destroys them.. treatment is aspirin tablets and clexane injections (whole of pregnancy)
    so not sure if you guys have positive ana? but im having my retested - doctors request..
    it pays to have a good doctor, dr hedges hunter ivf was our third opinon.. given our history i didnt want to just do another cycle to loose more embies and not to think of the cost value too.
    am booked in 18th oct to see FS to find out surgery results and other b/t results.. i assume my insulin test was ok - as i would of thought they would ask for another b/t for that one??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies for your support and advice. Will definitely get a second opinion I think. Also thanks for the heads up regarding the first cycle - I think it's good to have realistic expectations and an understanding of what is likely to happen. I will follow your journeys and hope for success :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I'm joining the TWW club!

We managed to get 1 really good looking Embryo so now's the wait to see if anything sticks

I was really surprised that our 3 PICSI's failed and it was the little IVF one that's won! Here's hoping Egg has made a good Sperm choice

Marzipan-I've had a really good experience on my 1st IVF cycle so if this embryo transfer doesn't work out I'll be excited to start my 2nd one.

peas sew-I have a low reading of cardiolipin antibodies so I need to take 100mg of asprin daily for duration of pregnancy. I never had any problems with my DD pregnancy but it popped up when DH and I were having all our karotype and various other tests done. I had another blood test on Tuesday so will find out if there is any chance that I made need to use clexane. My fingers are crossed that I don't as even the doctor has said the experience isn't very pleasant!

And Marzipan, just yell out if you have any questions.... I don't know a huge amount about IVF but if I've had any experience in what you're asking I'll let you know how I got on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Just wanted to say hello and provide another positive story and say congrats to Westie for being PUPO!

My AMH level was 6.1 in 2010. I got pregnant on my fourth IVF cycle one year later after only ever having three eggs collected from each EPU and one embryo being close to viable for each transfer. That last beautiful little embryo is now my gorgeous baby boy.

I had crappy quality eggs and did use DHEA prior to my successful cycle. I'm back on the DHEA again and have just started IVF cycle #5, hoping to get a little brother or sister for my little boy. I was told to consider donor eggs due to my poor results (prior to my successful cycle) so I'm jumping back in rather quickly to try and take advantage before my ovaries stop doing their thing altogether.

Wishing everyone all the success in the world - it is a hard slog having to do IVF to conceive when so may people can do it without even trying!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome, thanks HopingForMore

I think that's one thing that we all have to remember is that it does only take one good embryo!

I can't say that I'm overly positive that this cycle is going to work for us but I now have confidence that one of the cycles we go through it is going to work. And thankfully I've had a great time on my first cycle so all I'm feeling is excitment should we need to do a 2nd

I have to say my only negative was when I was on DHEA! Unfortunately I suffered from hair loss and crappy skin...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Westie i think i keep forgetting to ask you what PICSI is?? and how is it any different to normal ICSI? I have never heard anything about cexana being horrible injection to have/take.. but im willing to put myself through whatever if it meant i have a healthy bub at the end of it fingers cross its just aprinin for you guys?

Hopingformore - welcome your story sounds simular to mine, although we had one less cycle of ivf to you guys we too have a little boy.. but he came out of the boy, amazing enough he was conceived naturally.. not sure what went right there??
    but we too are hoping for another one..

DHEA - i have found my hair isnt falling out as much, but is very oily than usual.. wished it slowed down the growth of silver hair coming through maybe wishful thinking?

am coming up to ovulation week, and tad worried if we try to get pregnant and got pregnant that it may result in another miscarriage - esp this antinuclear antibody business..

is everyone loving this good weather, or safe from those terrible winds? ive got hayfever, so staying indoors where am less allergenic and catching up on much needed to complete sewing projects.. enjoy your weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peas sew View Post
    Westie i think i keep forgetting to ask you what PICSI is?? and how is it any different to normal ICSI?
    Hi Peas sew,

PICSI is the same as ICSI the only difference is when they are preparing the sperm they place them on a PICSI Plate which has a surface where supposedly better quality sperm stick to it and the others wash away. It's meant to be another helpful way of sperm selection rather than simply relying on the embryologist picking the best looking sperm.

From the outcome of our first cycle if your DH's sperm is up to the challenge I reckon just go with IVF where Egg makes her own choice!
    Having to rely on ICSI/PICSI also comes with the risk of perfectly good eggs being damaged through the injection of a single sperm. Our FS and her Lead Embryologist both recommend IVF over ICSI/PICSI where possible...

Gosh, you've been quite lucky with your DHEA side effects!
    As far as grey hair goes, I'm just learning to love mine now. I haven't dyed my hair in over a year