+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Feet View Post
    Hi,

I've just come across your post. I am also very blessed to have naturally conceived my 4yr old DS (first month of trying). It was a huge shock to discover that I have a low AMH when we were unable to conceive number 2. I've recently changed FS and am taking DHEA, had a lap and hyperscopy which showed I have no other issues. DH has perfect swimmers. We have not had luck yet but will be doing another stim cycle when AF arrives. This FS is increasing the dose of the puregon I was on and yesterday prescribed me Melatonin to take until egg collection, she recently went on a conference where there was a paper that said it increases egg quality so we are going to give it a try.

You have been through so much already I hope that your next BFP is just around the corner, would love to hear how you get on x
    Hi Little Feet, so nice to hear from you!
    I too hope you have success with your next cycle
    I'm just awaiting results after having my AMH retested so will see if being on DHEA has make any significant difference.

Interesting about Melatonin.... will look that up! x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i thought i would add, i also used royal jelly (5ml fresh vials), Vit D 1000mg, CoQ10 150mg in addition to the dhea as these are meant to help with egg quality. good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jfblady72 View Post
    i thought i would add, i also used royal jelly (5ml fresh vials), Vit D 1000mg, CoQ10 150mg in addition to the dhea as these are meant to help with egg quality. good luck.
    Ooh, thanks for that jfblady! I have just started the CoQ10 150mg and will be getting my vitamin D levels checked shortly. How long were you taking those for before you had success?
    Am on multiple other supplements as well under the direction of my new naturopath...

Thanks
    Reviews
    good luck for those trying with their next cycles, fingers cross for you guys.. People use to say sending you baby dust your way, not sure if they still do it - but its sweet gesture.. so send you some..

What does Melatonin do, as also royal jelly and CoQ10 do to do our bodies? as also vit D - are you low in vit D?
    did your doctor advised you to take these? i do hear royal jelly good for a lot of health issues..

Havent really been thinking much of our cycles etc of late, knowing am off to surgery to check my bits down there later in the month.. cant really ttc for baby this month, so that department of my head having a rest, while the rest of it is concentrating on my child school week and us building a house.. not building just yet - trying to pick out windows, bricks etc - and the brick part driving me nuts.. all bricks we like are discontinued with austral bricks, and the other standards not sure if we like them.. So frustrating..

but now off to the shops for stuff for dinner.. take care guys

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Westie77 View Post
    Hi Little Feet, so nice to hear from you!
    I too hope you have success with your next cycle
    I'm just awaiting results after having my AMH retested so will see if being on DHEA has make any significant difference.

Interesting about Melatonin.... will look that up! x
    Do let us know how you get on and if the DHEA has made a difference. I hate taking DHEA as it gives me a really bad headache. Although my FS prescribed it for me she said that there was no documented evidence of it working. So it will be interesting to see if it has made a difference to you.

What does Melatonin do, as also royal jelly and CoQ10 do to do our bodies? as also vit D - are you low in vit D?
    did your doctor advised you to take these? i do hear royal jelly good for a lot of health issues..
    From what FS said Melatonin just increases the egg quality. It is actually a drug used as a sleeping pill and people use it to help with jet-lag. She said that it can induce nightmares and if it does to stop taking it but there is some evidence that it has increased egg quality in medical trials. I don't use Royal Jelly so someone else will have to answer that one for you. I do use CoQ10, this is because my accupuncturist and natropath both said I needed better blood flow to the uterus and this would help. I am also on Vit D under FS's instructions as I am low on Vit D. Hope that helps and that you find the right bricks for your house! x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for answering my questions..

i guess time will tell, if DHEA is helping..

couldnt look at bricks today, i forgot that it takes 3 hours to have a fasting insulin blood test, which left me feeling pretty flat by the end of it. I had a good decent lunch, followed by flooding my body with water, and eventually have taken some nurofen to knock off my aching head.. 19 tubes of blood is obviously too much for my body to handle.. FS obviously have tested for everything that is possible to test for - once again.. I had all this testing approx 10 years ago, and i have a insulin fasting test done each year, for i am sugar intolent.
    So we'll do the bricks another time..

bit annoyed have to pay $600 out of pocket expenses to have this surgery in two weeks time.. we have private health insurance and still have out of pocket..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    I've just received my retested AMH results and I have good news
    So in Feb 2012 my AMH level was 1.3. I was prescribed DHEA from mid Feb and I've been taking it on and off since then. The only weeks I was not taking it was when I was pregnant.
    I had it retested beginning August 2012 and it is now 8.4
    Of course still not within normal range but what great difference! So am sooo happy I've stuck it out. My side effects have been hideous skin and wicked hair loss
    But thanks to Proactiv skincare and a nice cropped new hair do I've survived!

Peas sew you poor thing, gosh I'm surprised they're allowed to take that much blood at one time!

xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Westie, am so sorry to see that you have experienced many m/cs. Am very happy for you to see that your AMH has increased, that is amazing!

I was diagnosed with an AMH of 6.7 and that is half of what I should have for my age. I was on DHEA for a short 1.5 months but have tried Chinese herbs, fish oil, Antioxidants (Vit C, E), Vitamin D, inositol for many months.

Last cycle (#4) I was on the antagonist cycle on 300 IU Gonal F, orgalutran and pregynl. I got my BFP on that cycle.

So it did happen to me with LOR. I wish you all the best.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mom2TwoDSs For This Useful Post:

Westie77  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Westie77 - That is amazing! Also very encouraging. I hate the side effects of DHEA, but if it can make that much of a difference it is all worth it! Good luck hope to see your BFP soon x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

I have amh level of 1.1 and fsh level of 39 so I am equally screwed! We are into day 4 of our first IVF cycle (and only) so fingers crossed we get pregnant!

I also have a 17mth old baby boy so I am very lucky but its still difficult to take when you desperately want another baby!