+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    that is really good news to hear that you guys also had a low AMH and yet pregnant through ivf, gives me glimpse of hope that it may work for us too..

my AMH reading was 2.4 which wasnt a shock, as ive never responsed well on ivf - lucky to get 5 eggs out, 2 fertilized and ive never conceived on ivf. so hesitated to start the whole process again.. the doctor put us on 75mg DHEA and im yet to have all my blood tests for this new cycle.
    a cycle will work for us..

Thanks
    Reviews
    congratulations to those who are pregnant, enjoy your pregnancy and not long till you hold your bubs..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi peas sew, nice to hear from you!
    It'awesome that you've been started on DHEA. From what I understand it is advised that you are on it for at least 3 months before they believe it will help with an IVF cycle. But in saying that, we managed to fall pregnant naturally twice in the early weeks of being on it. 1st was just a chemical pregnancy but 2nd was looking great until failing at 8 1/2 weeks due to turners syndrome.
    I'm a huge fan of acupuncture! Before we managed to fall pregnant twice it had been 15 months since our previous miscarriage and the only differences we made in mid Feb 2012 was I was prescribed DHEA and I started attending weekly acupuncture sessions and taking chinese herbs.
    Best of luck and I look forward to hearing of your progress!

Sorry and I should add that I'm now seeing a naturopath with a heap of supplements to take each day and she's strongly advising I follow the bloodtype diet too...

I can recommend an amazing acupuncturist in Bondi Junction, Sydney... her name is Houng Lau. Our pregnancies may not have worked out but I believe that her treatments helped get us to at least to that point.
    Last edited by Westie77; 11-08-2012 at 12:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi romaverona and lineyb73,
    Thanks so much for sharing your stories, they're the type of positive stories I was hoping to hear

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear of your history it's so difficult at times. I was 30 when tested for AMH which was 7. At EPU I got 21 eggs totally unexpected! 11 fertilised, 8 continued, 1 transferred, 7 frozen. I then did 2 more cycles after the first fresh transfer failed. Third transfer of 2 embryos worked with twins but one never had a heart beat, now 29 weeks pregnant. I also had ashermans syndrome which is scarring of the uterus which has now cleared up and my husbands sperm was really bad everything but his count wasn't normal so we did ICSI. It took us over 3 years but alot of that was waiting and ops to try to fix my ashermans. Don't give up I think this is my miracle baby and there are so many others out there in the same boat. I never needed IVF for any of my pregnancies fell straight away. I also had a miscarriage in 2009 you are a very strong woman to go through what you have it's amazing what we can do !!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to petrult For This Useful Post:

Westie77  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Westie
    did it bother you that you had 6 years difference between your 15 old and 7 year old?
    slightly my concern - not that we have had much of a choice.. some ppl say its easier, some say that the children arent close.. but my brother and i are 3.5 years apart and not close at all.. our personalities clash.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peas sew View Post
    Hi Westie
    did it bother you that you had 6 years difference between your 15 old and 7 year old?
    slightly my concern - not that we have had much of a choice.. some ppl say its easier, some say that the children arent close.. but my brother and i are 3.5 years apart and not close at all.. our personalities clash.
    Hi Peas Sew

I think you were meaning me in your question of my 15 and 7 year old. At the time it didn't bother me I thought it was great having one on one with both of them when they were babies. But this time there will again be a 7 year gap between them but my daughter is of an age where she will be helpful and she is very excited. They didn't start to fight until about 2 was good lol they still fight like anything now though. It is easier to manage with a big gap, but sometimes I wish I had a young family if you know what I mean.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peas sew View Post
    Hi Westie

Hi Peas Sew

I think you were meaning me in your question of my 15 and 7 year old it is actually a 8 year gap also. At the time it didn't bother me I thought it was great having one on one with both of them when they were babies. But this time there will again be a 7 year gap between them but my daughter is of an age where she will be helpful and she is very excited. They didn't start to fight until about 2 was good lol they still fight like anything now though. It is easier to manage with a big gap, but sometimes I wish I had a young family if you know what I mean.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    Just some input into the age gap thing....
    There is an age gap of 12 years between me and my eldest sibling and 8 years between the one closest to my age. As the youngest member of my family I grew up in a great enviroment where my older siblings had a great interest in my growing up. It was actually my oldest siblings that fought (12 months between them)
    They were all the planning comittee for birthday parties and had fantastic ideas for my friends and I on family vacations. And as I got older and saw them graduate school, universities and go on their OE's it just inspired me to strive to be like them. I guess I'm really lucky that in having older siblings I had amazing older role models.
    So an age gap doesn't worry me if we're lucky enough to have number two and I know our daughter will be the best big sister

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I've just come across your post. I am also very blessed to have naturally conceived my 4yr old DS (first month of trying). It was a huge shock to discover that I have a low AMH when we were unable to conceive number 2. I've recently changed FS and am taking DHEA, had a lap and hyperscopy which showed I have no other issues. DH has perfect swimmers. We have not had luck yet but will be doing another stim cycle when AF arrives. This FS is increasing the dose of the puregon I was on and yesterday prescribed me Melatonin to take until egg collection, she recently went on a conference where there was a paper that said it increases egg quality so we are going to give it a try.

You have been through so much already I hope that your next BFP is just around the corner, would love to hear how you get on x