+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Have any ladies had IVF success with low AMH?

Hi Ladies,
    I'm new to this forum! And to be honest I'm not sure if this is where I'm meant to be posting an introduction... I'm hoping to get in touch with any ladies that are undergoing IVF treatment particulary anyone that has a low AMH. I'm 34 years old and have an AMH of 1.3
    My husband and I are so lucky that we have a 5 1/2 year old daughter but we would LOVE to have another one.

This is a low down of our history...
    2001 Jan 1st Miscarriage, 5 weeks
    2006 Nov Our beautiful little girl was born

2008 Nov/Dec 2nd Miscarriage, 8 weeks, 5 days

2010 Aug/Sep 3rd Miscarriage, 8 weeks, 2 days

2010 Sep Many bloodtests to try and explain miscarriages...
    My results showed that I had a low reading for cardiolipin antibodies and low platelets (which I'd had for years)
    Husbands results showed that he has a chromosomal translocation of chromosomes 1 and 11

2011 Feb Attended Genetic Counselling and learnt that if we conceived an embryo with an unbalanced translocation it would certainly not survive past the 1st trimester.

2011 Mar Had my AMH levels tested and were told they were normal for my age. I later learnt that I had been misinformed and I actually had an extremely low AMH (1.8)

2011 Apr Took Clomid on a monitored cycle

2011 May Took Clomid-unmonitored

2011 Jun Took Clomid-unmonitored

2012 Feb Had 1st consultation with IVF Australia. Many tests were ordered...
    Results were I have an AMH of 1.3
    Husband has a sperm count of 20 million with only 1% normal

2012 Feb Started Acupuncture and taking chinese herbs...

2012 Mar Managed to get a chemical pregnancy!

2012 Apr Managed to get pregnant! but unfortunately wasn't a happy ending...

2012 Jun 4th Miscarriage, 8 weeks, 6 days.
    It'd had been looking sooo good on weekly scans, but unfortunately that wasn't the case
    Had a D&C. Sent tissue away to be tested and it came up as Turners Syndrome.

2012 Aug Met with Repromed

2012 Aug Meeting with FertilitySA

I guess I'm hoping to hear success stories from other woman that have been on IVF cycles with low AMH's.
    Hey, I apologise if I've just posted this in the wrong area! I'm sure you'll point me in the right direction

Thanks so much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Westie

Seems like you have been through quite a tough time. I originally had a low amh reading of 11.1 and then they re tested and it was 35, so they concluded I didn't have low amh!

Anyway if your in Adelaide then try posting this in the Adelaide thread as well. I have been on bubhub for a while and it's a wealth of knowledge and I know there are ladies out there with low amh that have had success!

Good luck and I hope the IVF journey is short.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicsta83 For This Useful Post:

Westie77  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Westie

I didn't want to read and not reply. You've been through so much , I truly hope that you don't have to wait too much longer for a little miracle.

BH is a wealth of knowledge, I'm sure you'll find all the support that you need on here.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Buttercup80 For This Useful Post:

Westie77  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nicsta and Buttercup, thanks so much!
    We know we're really lucky to have our little girl but I guess it's just so hard when your body is telling you that you possibly won't have another baby rather than my husband and I coming to that decision ourselves. Am still hoping that I'll find some ladies online that have had success with a similar dismal AMH...

Also, the thread has come up twice and I have no idea how to delete the second one, any ideas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just wanted to wish you all the best and as a fellow SA girl, invite you over to the Adelaide thread.

A lot of us girls there are with repro and some have low AMH.

There has been a lot of success with girls with low AMH as their egg quality tends to be a better quality even though you might only collect a few eggs at EPU. I am the opposite to you , I have an extremely high AMH that has caused us to collect lots of eggs but poor quality. I had to add a human growth hormone on our last stim cycle to try and improve the egg quality which it did.

I am sorry I couldn't help you further, and I am not sure which clinic you are now with.

Good luck with everything though!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rivergirl For This Useful Post:

Westie77  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    check out the "Dhea did it work for you" thread..most ppl there have low amh...

seen a few ppl with amh < 1 get babies on here..most were on dhea tho.

i had a low amh 4.0 in 2009, got DS just after, then lucky enuf to get DD with a lower amh in 2012....

good luck.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jfblady72 For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (24-09-2013),Topdeck  (12-10-2014),Westie77  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks jfblady72 I'll have a look!

I've been DHEA on and off for the last 6 months. I was only off it while I was pregnant. And I'm just waiting for my retesting results to come back to see if anything has changed.

Congratulations on your two beautiful babies xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    only very new to bubhub, and am happy to read your thread.. I have just found out that i have a low AMH reading of 2.4 and was interested to hear if others have conceived via ivf with such low reading with their own eggs?

i have just started DHEA of 75mg 4 days ago hopefully this will help with my eggs?? and we are thinking of doing a cycle on my own eggs before trying to get pregnant on a donor egg.

am i allowed to adventure in the adelaide thread and read about others progresses?? i am in newcastle nsw

Thanks
    Reviews
    Westie - you've been through so much. I really hope you find success soon with your new clinic.

I had an AMH of 5 and a history of 3 pregnancy losses, no tissue diagnosis. My blood work was fine except for the AMH and DH checked out okay. I'm 36 and otherwise healthy.

We were fortunate enough to conceive on our first cycle of IVF with Genea. Given my age, our FS thought it best to go straight to this rather than try clomid and other less invasive procedures. It was an antagonist cycle and we had 5 or 6 eggs of which 3 fertilized and were of good quality. 2 are frozen and one is now the little boy that I'm 20 weeks pregnant with.

Best of luck and OP and others.

XXXX

14. The Following User Says Thank You to romaverona For This Useful Post:

Westie77  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    yep..I had a amh less than 1 and now have 7 month old twins via ivf and yes I was on DHEA and just got super lucky I suppose

Good Luck in your journey

16. The Following User Says Thank You to lineyb73 For This Useful Post:

Westie77  (17-08-2012)