+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Info wanted on injectables / trigger shot?

Hi ladies
    I'm currently on clomid and have been on clomid for a while.. I conceived once with clomid but unfortunately had a mc at 6 weeks...

I'm seeing my FS at the end of this cycle and I will basically be asking him what's the next step... I'm assuming that will be incorporating a trigger shot into my cycle??? Not sure :/

Can anyone give me some information as to what the injections are called and roughly how much do they cost per cycle???

Thanks for any info or advice you can give

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi tee tee if you have a look through the injections support thread you'll find heaps of in there, I've also put some in the clomid support thread recently as some of the other girls were wanting to know as well.

my drugs are as follows but there are other names and brands I think?
    Trigger shot is hcg (pregnyl)
    Injectables are fsh (gonal-f)
    Gonal f is $35 for 3 boxes of 450ui pens and how long they last depends on your dosage eg. I'm on 87.5 atm so 1 pen lasts me 5 doses and my cycles have been about 21 doses (1 per day). They also come in a 300ui or 900ui pen, again your fs will prescribe based on your dose but 300 and 450 were same price for me. Full cost of the injections (amount it costs government) is about $1000 for 3 boxes.

Hope that helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou so much for your reply... And yes that information is fantastic!!!!!
    I will definatley head over and have a look at the support thread )

Thanks heaps for your help.. I wish you the very best of luck in your journey

Thanks
    Reviews
    No worries - I just realised that the thread I posted the info in the other day was the PCOS chat. If you have any other queries don't hesitate to ask.

Are you ovulating on clomid? If you are and still not having any luck then injections may not be what you need? Or you may just need a trigger if you're getting a single decent sized follicle. Most of us on the injections never ovulated on clomid.

All the best with the next step, it's all very draining so i hope you get your BFP soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahhh ok well yes I have been ovulating... Progesterone levels around 30- 50.....

I guess I will ask FS if there is any other options :/