+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If they'd said that to me, I'd have asked them to show me their 'no epidural' medal.

I get to decide if a natural labour/childbirth is an achievement for me to feel proud of or not.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellymoe For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (08-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know that I would NEVER have an epidural however that's because I'm am petrified of needles and I wouldn't cope AT ALL and would probs end up in quite a deep depression with nightmares. I really really wish I didnt feel this way and i could lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think that is so rude! I'd have ripped her one I loved my epi...no, it was more than love..so,so much more i will admit i thought i would go au natural, high pain tolerance, total fear of needles etc. nothing prepares anyone for a long posterior labour. After 8hrs my epi saved my sanity. I relaxed and DS arrived within 2 hours.
    I don't know if I'll need it this time, but thank @*!k for modern medicine and a woman's right to choose. I felt as empowered as anyone else, empowered and pain free

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bethylou78 For This Useful Post:

rach85  (07-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate those comments! And the c/section vs natural, main thing is u got them out and that's empowering who cares if u have a little along the way, i mean its an actual person we bring into the world- isnt that the amazing part??
    My first I had nothing it was such a terrible labour I didn't have it in me to talk- if I could I would have definitely asked for something lol the 2nd one informed ob throughout the pregnancy I wanted it all, ends up I couldn't get an epidural as there was an emergency csection at the time, but found my voice and kept telling my ob just pull him out with some forceps, and I told u he wouldn't come out give me that cesarian, also told them at regular intervals I need more pethidine. So even tho I didn't have one if I had to do it again I'd definitely have one!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do not understand judgmental women like that. It is so so stupid.
    You get a beautiful baby at the end, it does not matter "how" the baby arrived.

It does not indicate "toughness" either. To suggest so is also judgmental.

Some women run 42k marathons and have epis... Are they less tough than women who don't have epis but are couch potatoes... ? Silly talk.

Just surround yourself with beautiful women who support you and focus on helping each other with this crazy ride of motherhood... And ignore those who get competitive with the stupid stuff... Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive had 7 births without one, but that's only because by the time I ask for
    It, it's to late, lol

9. The Following User Says Thank You to StormAngel For This Useful Post:

MissPoss  (07-08-2012)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Everrryyonneeee is in competition with each other. I find it sad, to put down others birthing choice or method to make yourself feel great about yourself/own birth.

I had someone tell a stranger right infront of me i was too posh to push, was too much of a whimp to give borth naturally...with no mention at all the i had a c section because my sons cord was wrapped around his neck multiple times and i virtually had no choice?

I dont get people, i dont like most people.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

steel magnolia  (11-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have never had one, pretty much because the thought of the needle scared me more than labour lol. So no I don't think I am better than anyone

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so over topics like this.

I had my first child under a ga. I didnt get to touch him for the first three days! I labored naturally till I got to the pushing stage then things were taken out of my control and I'm meant to feel like I failed?

This time I'm able to birth VBAC, but for the safety of my baby and self i am unable to and require another c section due to frank breech position. Again I feel I fail.......... But have I? I am determined to put the health and safety of my unborn child and self before my own ego!

Who cares what drugs ppl have? I hope the health and safety are number one priority. That includes the entail health of the mother and the many fears that we may face.

I have friends scared of spiders we don't harp on bout it and make them feel outcast

14. The Following User Says Thank You to smootch For This Useful Post:

steel magnolia  (11-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so disappointed for your friend to have to hear such an insensitive comment. I'm pregnant with my first so I've never given birth but I have friends who have, with and without an epidural an neither of them feel like they are better than the other in any way. I personally think giving birth under any circumstance in any way, with or without drugs deserves it's merit but using pain relief doesnt make someone any less than someone who doesn't. I think some people like the person who made the comment just don't understand or respect that it's all personal choice and opinion as to whether or not they want to use pain relief and so on.

Shame on the woman who made your friend feel bad.