+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Probably a stupid question

Hi this question will sound ridiculous seeing as I have done this twice before but here goes anyway. I am
    35 weeks I am having a c section in 2 weeks but the midwives don't think I will last until then at my last check up i found out the babies head is in my pelvis and the last few nights and sometimes during the day I have been getting really bad cramping in my pelvis and lower back that comes and goes every 10- 15 mins and have a lot of pressure in my bottom and vagina. Anyway my question is does this sound like labour is near like I said I have done this twice before but I had a emergency c section last time and never had this and before that my waters broke but no labour so I had to be put on a drip and it was all 6 and 8 yrs ago so I really don't remember this ever happening

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It sounds a bit more like braxton hicks ... Your body is getting ready!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have it too, also my 3rd, baby's head also very low. This was at 36 week check. I am having CS in 2 weeks lets see if I make it, I feel in my pants I wont make past next week for some reason. Just been to the physio and my lower back and hips feel way better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies I just really can't see me making it to the scheduled c section date as each day the pains are lasting longer and getting more intense and the pressure is getting to the point it never gives up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pressure has gotten worse and the contraction like pain has gotten worse and happening more times a day and today I started feeling really tired and nauseas

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tbh it sounds like you are in labour (early stages) although I only have an induction to go by, Maybe give the middies a call. Good luck Hun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That is how my labour started too. Crampy period type pains, and then I noticed that they were regular.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The back pain is pretty much constant at the moment and the "down below" pain is pretty bad stabbing pain now so I have made a Dr's appointment for this afternoon to get checked out. Now I am just worried about having a preemie again (my last baby was born at 31 weeks)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Let us know how you get on at the doctors Hun

Thanks
    Reviews
    It seems I am in the early stages of labour and have been given the first dose of steroids just in case and have to back tomorrow for second shot and review