+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Oh oh I like that idea. A friend was telling me about something like that where mum's take turns looking after kids. But like whole days in centre environment. Sounded awesome.
    Playcentre!

http://playcentre.org.nz/

Parents also work towards ECE qualifications.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (31-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Drop off playgroup

Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Playcentre!

http://playcentre.org.nz/

Parents also work towards ECE qualifications.
    Lol the friend and thing I was talking about ^^^

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Drop off playgroup

My high school did similar for our child care subject. Parents left their toddlers with us students for 1 hour and they paid $2 a session. It was 1 on 1.
    I probably wouldn't pay $40 for that, not even $20 I don't think. Especially if the carers aren't qualified. Though it's not something I'd make use of, to be honest.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Yeah it sounds like very expensive occasional care to me. Our local neighbourhood house does occasional care for $18 for 3 hours. With 3 qualified staff. With more structured activities I'd either want to stay and participate, or expect a really professional service, eg dance instructors teaching dance.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Drop off playgroup

There is a council run per school not far from me that charges $35 a day. There is no way I'd pay $40 for two hours care. You'd need fully qualified careers, insurance etc as PPs have pointed out. Sorry but it sounds a bit dodgy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    I would be really hesitate leaving my kids with someone who advertised their service with bad spelling and punctuation.
    Sorry. It says a lot about a business.

How *****y. She wasn't advertising, she was starting a bubhub thread asking for opinions..

Sorry OP, I also wouldn't use a service like this. It's too expensive compared to childcare. My kids go to daycare all day for $35 a day.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Sorry but another no here! I currently pay $40 for 5 hours at occasional care (which is basically what you describe) and I consider that the max I would pay for5 hours, no way I would pay effectively double.
    I really don't see how it would be viable tbh, insurance alone would be costly even if you already held all the checks and qualifications you needed.

**Nothing spells as goof as typo splats**