+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Drop off playgroup

There were a couple of things like that in Sydney near where I lived that were like $10-12 per hour. Qualified carers etc.

I'd really only consider paying more than that for specific lessons or something. Sports, dancing, drama, music, art(not just paints and go for it, but something really involving)

Who are the two other carers? What qualifications do you and they have? What's the venue? How many hours/days would you opporate? Is it near to cbd/major shopping area?

Edit -

As an idea maybe have like 3 hour blocks, 3 x 30 minute lessons, and employ a toddler/preschool dancer teacher, someone who'll do something else and someone who'll do maybe an art activity, have a group sports session and throw in a story time to start and cut fruit to finish, you be the "coordinator/floater" I'd say have 12 kids, (so 4 per activity) I'd pay $40 for that if jasper wasn't in daycare.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    Last edited by Boobycino; 31-08-2012 at 12:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Lol... I'm doing the maths on it here. Lols

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Drop off playgroup

That's not a play group scenario it's a day care in which you will need working with children card and police check. There's no such thing as a drop and run play group.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Too expensive for what you have described.
    I send DD2 to daycare one day a week and after CCR & CCB i pay approx $35 a day and all meals, snacks are included.

For a playgroup id personally pay $20-25 but it would want to have some drawcards for that price

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I think its a great idea. Before my sister moved here o often just needed someone to watch the kids for 2 hours so I could do some smal things. I'd pay
    $25 . If u had two kids that'd add up.
    Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I would never use something like that. I don't know many who would.

$40 per session for 2.5 hours... so it's a babysitting service?

When you said 'drop and run' playgroup... that says to me... free. or Very very small cost say $5 or something, just to cover morning tea.... A playgroup is generally run by Mums, so a 'drop and run' playgroup sounds more like a collective of Mums working a roster to give each other a couple of hours a week to get stuff done. Like a community babysitting group.

What you're planning is a creche service, you'd need ABN, blue cards, business approval. I certainly wouldn't pay $20 an hour for someone to watch my child if they were not at least childcare trained. And for that price I'd be more inclined to enrol them in something like dance or martial arts.

Or join a sport.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to OJandMe For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (31-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I pay $21 for 3 hours for occasional care. They have one qualified kinder teacher and 2 diploma staff. Run in a gorgeous kinder with themes and activities each week. We supply fruit and lunch. I get about $8 each session back from centrelink as well.

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh oh I like that idea. A friend was telling me about something like that where mum's take turns looking after kids. But like whole days in centre environment. Sounded awesome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

I wouldn't pay for that. I'd rather use a childcare centre or occasional childcare centre.

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Oh oh I like that idea. A friend was telling me about something like that where mum's take turns looking after kids. But like whole days in centre environment. Sounded awesome.

My Dad was single dad to my older sister before he met my Mum.. and he was still at university. They had a community co-op childcare, the fees were really really low (like maybe $5 a day or something) and the parents all took turns to spend a day in the centre (or a half day, depending on numbers) it was excellent. But you know, that was the 70's... I don't think it could be done these days, too much red-tape.. unless it was just organised by a bunch of parents and wasn't marketed or anything.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to OJandMe For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (31-08-2012)