+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default I'm worried that I'm not worried enough.

Does everyone worry about their unborn child a lot during pregnancy? Because I don't and I'm starting to feel like maybe i'm not worried enough and i'll be a horrible, uncaring mother.

I ended up in the E.R. at our local hospital the other night with severe pain under my left rib. After being given morphine, i was checked over by a doctor, had blood n urine test and then sent home 7 hours later. The doctor said in their words 'the pain you have is not life threatening to you and your baby will be perfectly fine' blah blah blah...

Later on a friend asked if i'd had a scan or listened for the babies heartbeat.. I said no and she said that she wouldn't have left until she knew the baby was ok.. It made me feel awful.

In my heart i know this baby is already stronger then me and will be perfectly healthy. I just 'know' this and haven't worried much during my pregnancy.. am I an awful mum already? This is our first baby and i've been run down with severe morning sickness and just recently fired from my job. I feel like i'm worrying more about myself then the baby.. but without me.. there would be no baby.. So it makes sense to make sure i'm ok so the baby will be ok?

I love my baby.. and i only want the best and to know it's safe and healthy.. but I think maybe i'm not putting them first enough?

This is one of those topics I feel like just deleting.. without posting.

Thanks
    Reviews

Some people worry more than others about everything but it doesn't mean they are any better than anyone else.

I have to admit that I'm not all that worried this time round and as long as I feel her move now and again, I'm all good. It doesn't make me any less of a mother or make me love my children any less.

You know that if anything were to happen, you'd be the first person to be worrying about it! Rib pain is not necessarily anything to worry about with bubs. I don't know if I would have listened to their HB either.

As for putting bubs first, you'll be doing plenty of that when they're born, trust me . You have to think of yourself sometimes in order to be able to think of your baby's health. Your baby needs you in order to grow.

This might just mean you'll be a more laid back mum than some and not take every little bump, scratch or bruise to be the biggest disaster in the world.

ETA: I do a lot of things while pregnant that heaps of woman wouldn't even dream of doing! Once again, doesn't make me any less a loving mother than they are.
    Last edited by Sakorsha; 07-08-2012 at 10:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Sakorsha. *hugs*

I'm not used to this judgement you get becoming a mother.. It's quite intense and I'm a very timid, wallflower kind of person. Something I'll have to get used to I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    A terrible person because you *know* your babe is healthy and well! Pfffft! That's awesome. A worry free pregnancy is a great thing to have. You can't really put yourself first without putting your baby first, also - you're one and the same at the moment. Hope things start to go easier for you soon re: MS & job stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did not worry much at all about my baby while pregnant either. Even when I got diagnosed with HELLP syndrome and on constant monitoring and in for an emergency c-section, I still wasn't worried. I don't know why, definitely not because I didn't care about him.... Probably because I had faith he would be ok. Sometimes I think worrying just creates unnecessary stress!!