+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Do you feel guilty if you stay at home all day?

I have a 3.5 year old and an 18 month old , my oldest is delayed an my youngest is advanced so they meet each other half way and have a wonderful little friendship going. Anyway, I am pretty pregnant (33 weeks) and getting lazy , I ALWAYS used to take them out once a day to a playground or play centre or a big walk but now I am having days when my pelvis feels like its going to snap and I cannot run after my 18 month old like I used to. So, I have been staying home and I really don't mind it except I feel SO GUILTY all day !! I cannot stop it, once it gets to about 2pm they have exhausted there toys, not so interested in their bikes outside and I put a movie on , then I feel really bad.......

Is it just me that feels like this?

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I feel guilty if it's a nice day and I don't.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonkers For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (07-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you should feel great about yourself.
    Up until now you made the effort to take your kids out of the house everyday. It's unfortunately becoming less common at all that parents do this. I know kids that are babysat by the TV all day every day whilst mum, dad or nanna lazes about and does nothing.
    Your 33 weeks pregnant, don't beat yourself up.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Grebbeci For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (07-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope! Some days I feel guilty if I take them out and we really should have stayed home. You're pregnant (not lazy), it's super hard with littlies & being slightly crippled . It's hard to fill the day at home especially if naps are a distant memory but being bored isn't going to harm them (apparently) it might just make your house a bit messier!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to beccacino For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (07-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't feel guilty at all. Some of our best days are spent at home. Gorgeous day with DS and I pottering around the yard exploring, playing etc. I really love the days we get a chance to just chill out together. I think he craves these days too.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennos Mummy For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (07-08-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nope. It's a huge asss effort leaving the house with my two. Plus we have lots of fun at home

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (07-08-2012),Bonkers  (07-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Once a day! My little one gets out to playgroup/kid centered stuff once a week if we're organized. There is heaps to do at home and kids are perfectly happy there - especially with their own little playmate! Put your feet up, let the kids play and potter about and don't feel guilty, you are obviously a great mum.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (07-08-2012),headoverfeet  (07-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't be so hard on yourself! Just do whatever you feel like. You have 2 young children and pretty close to adding another....go with the flo I say.

I work a few days a week, dd1 goes to after school care on those days and dd2 goes to daycare. A few days a week we just chill and spend some time together. I dont crucify myself for slowing down sometimes and taking time out with my family.

Also we have a good sized backyard which has a trampoline, swing set and a playgym thingy with a slide. The kids go and burn off energy out there nearly every day so that certainly helps when I can't be stuffed taking them out.
    Last edited by danik; 07-08-2012 at 17:33.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to danik For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (07-08-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    Once a day! My little one gets out to playgroup/kid centered stuff once a week if we're organized. There is heaps to do at home and kids are perfectly happy there - especially with their own little playmate! Put your feet up, let the kids play and potter about and don't feel guilty, you are obviously a great mum.
    This we have plenty to do at home what about putting out some art craft for them in the arvo *if you want* you are 33 weeks pregnant! Something simple like playdough or drawing today I made gingerbread biscuit dough and my boys went crazy using the (clean) playdough cutters

We were being really good, taking the boys for a bike ride everyday but this weather just won't let up

17. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (07-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I actually think it is really important to have full days at home ... Give kids the opportunity to chill out and play with their own toys and not be in a rush to get somewhere.

Sometimes tho we might just go for a walk around the blok if it's a nice day for a bit of fresh air ... Along the way we will pick flowers etc

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smartiecat For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (07-08-2012),River Song  (07-08-2012)