+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default My kids... the fussy eaters

GAH! i just gave them jam on toast for breaky and they BOTH have turned their noses up at it before they even tried it, and whats really annoying is they have had it before and liked it!!! GGRRRRRRR!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Let them know that's all that's on offer. Consistency is the key.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (07-08-2012)

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have, iv said eat your breaky their is nothing else. iv also said this or nothing. and they dont seem to care, this kinda thing happens at dinner sometimes when one dosnt wanna eat the other wont, then they expect dessert! (dont know if thats the right one lol sorry if its not) and i never give them it. they end up going to bed without dinner, and the thing is i always give them things they like for dinner. and they just be silly. so they will have nothing else now till morning tea. its just so annoying

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Have you tried putting them in separate rooms to eat? I'd also ensure no tv or toys etc until food is gone.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (07-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    not enough room in the house, its tiny, ill be moving soon tho, im looking on the net today. they dont watch tv, and not aloud toys. they just are fussy and think they can get away with it, and it drives me bonkers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids 6yrs and 3yrs have started doing this with nearly every meal we put in front of them even before we have finished cooking and they haven't even tasted yet and yep as soon as one says something (normally the 6yr old) the other one starts. It is very frustrating and disheartening to stand and cook good nutritious meals every night for them to say yuck, they are told to eat what they are given or nothing else to the next meal but I usually cave slightly if they didn't eat dinner and give them a plain biscuit before bed

9. The Following User Says Thank You to alycef123 For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (07-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My oldest is the same. Drives me nuts. One day he'll eat (for example) porridge...the next, tells me he hates it. Can't win with food in this house. I tried not offering him anything else, it didn't work with him, he'd scream the house down (at 4.5yo mind you) so now if he doesn't eat what i give him, he's allowed to help himself to fruit. There's always fruit available at any time here.....but i can't say i'm a fan of the half eaten apples i keep finding around the house (the dog loves it though!).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LlamaMa For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (07-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Fussy eaters, I have one. He is shocking. Seriously drives me nuts. I hate preparing a nice dinner, he has 2 bites and then its mum I'm tired aka your dinner sucks and I don't want to eat it.

Now depending on time, I will give him verges first(only eats potato and carrots) then whatever I have cooked after like sausage or skewers.

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (07-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My DD is SO fussy! I give her kids multi vitamins everyday because she rarely eats veggies even if they are grated into things!!

Luckily she eats heaps of fruit! The amount of times she has gone to bed with just a banana sandwich for dinner I couldn't even count on 2 hands!!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (07-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My ds wont touch jam with a ten foot pole ... or peanut butter etc, if its not vegemite its not good enough.

Dinner wont be touched unless it's meat n veg, anything else is not edible to ds.

He is improving, we had a stage there he lived on vegemite

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

17. The Following User Says Thank You to GuestMember For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (07-08-2012)