+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    It really depends where you are and the rental market in that area. Perhaps look at suburbs that aren't " up and coming" or towns that are a bit stagnant. I own a house in Brisbane that the rent has been the same for 4 years.
    Yes this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone for your thoughts. I wish you could ask in advance "Are you going to increase the rent every 6 months?". I will check out the formal channels for tenants to see what the law says though about how often they can and by how much.

Regarding the bit I put in about single mums, I have to admit I posted quite late at night and had a one-track mind about what other single mums were experiencing (blinded to the fact that couples experience rent increases too). However, I think secretly I was hoping all these single mums would post saying "My landlord is really understanding and hasn't increased the rent in 2 years!" and that would give me hope But thank you also to the non-single ladies who have provided helpful advice.

Harvest Moon - your situation is what I am worried will happen to me. Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I moved into my current place it was $310 per week and after my first years lease it went up to $325. I can barely afford it, If my rent goes up again in september I'm going to have to move and try and find a cheaper place!