Continuity of Care Experience

Hi everyone,
My name is Belinda Chen and i'm currently a student midwife studying Midwifery at ACU melbourne. We have this program called the CCE program, in which we sign up pregnant ladies from 20weeks plus until 6 weeks after their birth. The lady must also be signed before she is 35 weeks as for after that it may be too late to keep up the required hours. We spend around 15 to 20hrs in total with the woman. We support her and ask her questions in relation to her birth to build up a relationship with them.

THERE IS NO CLINICAL STUFF BEING DONE WITHIN THIS PROGRAM!!

We as student midwives, are just here to support the woman and her decisions. We attend antenatal appointments with the ladies when it fits within our timetable and we attend the birth as long as the pregnant woman gives CONSENT!

There is also a registered midwife involved within this process, allowing the program to be more professional and consistent. After a woman has signed up, she will be called by the registered midwife for confirmation. Questions may be asked within this phone call if the pregnant woman has any.

THIS PROGRAM IS ALSO COMPLETELY FREE!

For any other questions and queries, and for those who are interested you can contact me through my email: belle_xx_12@hotmail.com or my phone: 0478538733