+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default When did your babe cut their first tooth?

Poor DD2 appears to be cutting her two bottom teeth at the front. She's only 4 months old and not liking it one bit, poor bubby.

DD1 cut her first tooth at 6 months and teething never bothered her so this is a bit of a surprise and new to me!

I'm just wondering when everyone else's bubs cut their first tooth and how you helped them get through it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS cut his first at 4 months on the dot, DD cut hers at 6.5 months. DS never seemed bothered by any teething, so I never used any pain relief. DD has been ok, she has an amber teething necklace and also doesn't seem bothered and I never use pain relief for her. I think she's about to cut her top two soon, her top gum is bulging, but again, doesn't seem to be worrying her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aww your poor daughter thats young.
    DD cut her 1st tooth a fortnight ago at 10 months. Today she has 2 cut and 1 about to. My delightful bub is so moody! We have given her nurofen twice when she was not breathing from screaming so much and tonight tried bonjella.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My 1st born was about 10 months, my 2nd was just under 4 months and my last was about 6 months...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    my dd got her first tooth at 10mths. Shes now 18mths and only has 4.5 toothies lol
    I found with each tooth it got less painful for her. Now i dont even notice when she is teething unless i have a good look in there!
    When she got her first 2 bottom ones i gave her cold wet facewashers to chew on as well as panadol mainly for night time.
    There wasnt much else i could do rather than cuddle and comfort her when she couldnt sleep thru the pain. She went totally off her food for her first couple teeth so i just offered more milk feeds.
    She loved gnarling on rusks especially ones that i put in the freezer!
    She never liked the 'teething rings' or any teething toys.
    Goodluck, for us it got better per tooth lol but my dd is yet to get molars and i hear they are not nice at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies! It's amazing how siblings can be so different isn't it?

It just reinforces to me how I shouldn't compare my two girls when DD2 was born I just expected the same things to happen as they did with DD1......but as I quickly found out DD2 is her own little person and she does things in her own way

Thanks
    Reviews
    4 months here too

Took her to the GP at 3.5 months as she was really grizzly, temp etc. Told him I suspected teething and he told me it was way too early. The two bottom ones popped through two weeks later!

She's now 7.5 months and has 6 teeth. Two bottom and 4 top. Other bubs in our mum's group don't have any at all. They're all different and special in their own little ways

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunkamunka View Post
    my dd got her first tooth at 10mths. Shes now 18mths and only has 4.5 toothies lol
    I found with each tooth it got less painful for her. Now i dont even notice when she is teething unless i have a good look in there!
    When she got her first 2 bottom ones i gave her cold wet facewashers to chew on as well as panadol mainly for night time.
    There wasnt much else i could do rather than cuddle and comfort her when she couldnt sleep thru the pain. She went totally off her food for her first couple teeth so i just offered more milk feeds.
    She loved gnarling on rusks especially ones that i put in the freezer!
    She never liked the 'teething rings' or any teething toys.
    Goodluck, for us it got better per tooth lol but my dd is yet to get molars and i hear they are not nice at all.
    Thanks for the advice Hunkamunka, I never had to do anything much for DD1 aside from a few teething toys so I'll keep your suggestions in mind.

DD2 has been on and off her food for the past few days. One day she won't feed, comes off crying and pulling at her gums and other days she's wanted to nurse all day

DD1 got her molars with no fuss so there's hope for your DD too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DS was 7 months but a boy in my mothers group cut his first at 4 months and now at 9 months has 8 teeth!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My little guy got his two first teeth at 3 months and by 6 months he had 6 teeth, I thought he was early till I heard of babies being born with teeth