+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DS2 pulled the head off a live extension cord a few weeks ago thankfully he was fine the wires shorted and he had a very minor red mark on his hand and the rcd switch flipped.

DS1 has pulled a fire extinguisher onto himself, the pin scratched his face near his eye and I thought his eye was damaged he was fine.

Eta the other week I was cooking dinner with dd on my hip and she touched the pan she just had a red mark. Teach me not to use the Thermomix and ergo!

Not my child but when I was working in day care a girl (4yrs) was running across the yard near me on grass and she fell over and broke her arm.

That's all kids wise.
    Last edited by headoverfeet; 06-08-2012 at 18:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    One that sticks out...its funny now but not so at the time...

I was stacking the fridge as DP just bought a slab of beer (cans) where they are connected by the 6 plastic ring thing. DS was helping me....he was probably 2 and as I was taking the 6 pack out of the box I stood up and somehow it slipped out of my hands and straight onto his upraised forehead.

He had a lovely bruise in the imprint of 4 beer cans on his forehead for about a week

yeah....awesome

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well, I would've considered myself a little bit of a helicopter parent. Particularly with my first born and have mellowed out with the other 2.

My first born: 1. I turned my back for about 5 seconds. She stood up and slipped over in the bath and cut her lip. It was quite bad and required a hospy trip and they were talking plastic surgery as it was on the lip line and they wanted the lines to match perfectly. She was about 18 months. 2. She tripped over a chair and cut open her forehead in front of a group of us that also required a hospy trip. She was about two. 3. We were having a play date and a friends little boy threw a brick and my daughters head was in the way and completely split the back of her head. This also required a hopsy trip. She was 3.

My 2nd and 3rd born have been pretty non eventful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS1 pulled a pot of boiling water from the stove onto himself when he was 18months old we spent a week in the burns ward and then months of weekly visits to get them redressed. I felt so guilty for ages, the stress almost sent me into labour(was 37weeks pregnant with DS2 at the time). It still is the most horrible moment I have ever experienced in my life.

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    She fell off a Shire horse.
    Backwards.

It was only partially my fault, I was leading the horse, and she was sitting on it's back plaiting it's mane as we were walking along. Then she said "Do you think, Mum, that people can stand on horse's backs?"
    I said "Yes, definitely, with lots of practise and a calm horse"

This was followed by a loud screech and a thump as she hit the ground.

Thankfully she landed on a grassy bit of lawn and not the dirt track, no broken bones, but a massive purple bruise across her bum and thighs.

When we went to the hospital and I told the nurse what had happened, I got THE STARE.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DD1 - we put her to bed one night, she insisted on having her blanky AND her doona on, and we were tired so did t want a fight so obliged. DD2 woke for a bottle a little while later and DF attended to her but heard weird sounds from DD1s room, he went in and she was so hot she was convulsing. So scary!!!

DD2 - was learning to walk, and was walking around the couch. She slipped and fell face first into our polished tiles, putting her teeth through her lip. There was so so so much blood.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh I forgot the time at a Bubhub dinner when DS1 was a baby, he was standing on my lap and face planted into the table!!! I don't think any of those hubbers are around anymore though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    She fell off a Shire horse.
    Backwards.

It was only partially my fault, I was leading the horse, and she was sitting on it's back plaiting it's mane as we were walking along. Then she said "Do you think, Mum, that people can stand on horse's backs?"
    I said "Yes, definitely, with lots of practise and a calm horse"

This was followed by a loud screech and a thump as she hit the ground.

Thankfully she landed on a grassy bit of lawn and not the dirt track, no broken bones, but a massive purple bruise across her bum and thighs.

When we went to the hospital and I told the nurse what had happened, I got THE STARE.
    Haha you should have seen the looks I got when I took dd to the hospital when she fell off her horse, he trod on her arm and broke it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd1 fell in bigw on Friday. Smashed her face into the leg things of a display stand.

2 black eyes, swollen nose, a big bruise on her forehead, and a big egg. Horrific.

She fell in our back yard while learning to walk. Chipped a front baby tooth when her chin hit the cement.

Fell off our bed, got a big egg and bruise on her forehead.

I'm sure there's more....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by october View Post
    Oh my goodness! When you read it written like that it's really funny, but when you imagine it from the parents perspective it's heartbreaking isn't it?
    It was definitely unexpected! I am just thankful she was ok! The peanut butter lives at the dump now lol. She didn't even flinch when she had her allergy blood test - this kid is staunch!