+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What's the worst thing

That has happened to your child in your care
    Ie they've stapled their hand or
    You cut them instead of their nail (I did that)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I slammed the door on ds hand as I did not hear him come up beside me. I took him to emergency and he had surgery on his fingernail that day.

He was only. 14 months old. Poor little boy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nothing... DD is 4 and had two falls when she was learning to crawl (both in DH's care), but that's it. She has had a few cold/off days, but has been really sick (throat infection) once. We're really lucky...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peanut butter disaster of August 2011 - gave dd1 peanut butter on her toast for a change and wow she went all red and lumpy oops turns out she's allergic. She'd had peanut oil before in cooking so I figured she was ok - turns out its the peanut protein that causes the reaction not the oil (if it's a processed oil) my bad :/. Also have shut her finger in a door by accident (she decided to investigate the hinge as i was closing it) and she's fallen face first on concrete. She has my grace lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenemi View Post
    Peanut butter disaster of August 2011 - gave dd1 peanut butter on her toast for a change and wow she went all red and lumpy oops turns out she's allergic. She'd had peanut oil before in cooking so I figured she was ok - turns out its the peanut protein that causes the reaction not the oil (if it's a processed oil) my bad :/. Also have shut her finger in a door by accident (she decided to investigate the hinge as i was closing it) and she's fallen face first on concrete. She has my grace lol
    Oh my goodness! When you read it written like that it's really funny, but when you imagine it from the parents perspective it's heartbreaking isn't it?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to october For This Useful Post:

Jenemi  (06-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ive clipped his belly in his car seat belt before I was devastated, I picked him up straight away n cuddled him in the car park..I thought I would never do it and then it happened, he was so upset

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Lily View Post
    Ive clipped his belly in his car seat belt before I was devastated, I picked him up straight away n cuddled him in the car park..I thought I would never do it and then it happened, he was so upset

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    I have done this many times when I'm rushing. My poor DS, he fears the baby seat when I put him in but when someone else does it he is fine. I feel like he will be forever traumatized!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ummm The worst....When we first moved into this now, DS2 somehow managed to misplace his footing as he stepped down into the back room. Fell and split his head a little at the front. Then a few months later at the shops fell backwards and split the back of his head a little lol He is a HUGE disaster waiting to happen.

DS1 is more into posions haha. My XDP was watching him and he got into ant dust once. Also when he was learning to walk he stumbled and face planted the corner of a table giving himself a huge black eye and I got his finger stuck in the other side of a door as I shut it not knowing he was behind the door. Also the last two months he has had about 4 black eyes (same eye different accidents) VERY suprised the teacher didnt call child servies over that lol

My kids have had so much accidents over their short lives

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Wripped out her CVC ( jugular line into the heart) that was keeping her alive We was on the ward me DD and the nurse was in the room after just doing a dressing change and she jumped up in her cot and stood on the IV line going into the CVC and pulled it clean out of her jugular squrting blood every where as well as TPN , also meaning she had NO access at all to get her much needed glucose into her, the nurse hit the emergancy buzzer and called a Med emergancy to get a team up to get a new line in her to run her dextrose with in the 5 minutes it took to get the team up she went from being happy and silly to led there flaked out in her cot from hypoglycemia by the time they re dripped her she was around 1 and needed dextrose bolus to get her levels back up.

I defo awarded my self sh*test mother ever that day, her nurse also felt like cr*p it was a freak accident it happened so fast im glad there was the two of us in the room

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nowhere, how scary!!

DS, I locked him in the car one day by accident. 42 degrees. His dad had locked the passenger door without telling me, and so I threw my keys in the nappy bag, hopped out, locked my door and got to his side (2 door) and UH OH. The RAA got there 25 mins later as DS' eyes were rolling into the back of his head and my friend was about to smash a window.
    When he was 2 he burnt his hand on the gas stove (just been turned off). 2nd degree burns and pressure bandages for over a week. I felt awful.

DD, she falls over plenty. Lots of bruises. Falling off the top of a bunk bed is the worst with her so far.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub