+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'd be questioning the teacher about why your child's name was on the board. Perhaps it was actually meant to be there? If not the teacher needs to sort out why his name was on the board undeservingly.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Smartiecat, i suppose that could be a possibility, like i said im not one to believe my child (or any child for that matter) is perfect.

However, he said that when he questioned the teacher it was while they were eating (before the bell was to go for playtime) that she insisted he sit down to eat. The bell went and she told the students who's name was on the board to sit onnthe silver seats.

Ds said the teacher then hurried off asnshe has playground duty.

When it was class time again, he again asked her, she said he needed to go back to his desk.

I have witnessed the teacher (i have done parent helper mornings first term) seen her dismiss kids that appear to be bothering her at times when she is busy, refuing answer and telling them where they should be at the time (at the desk, reading, on the floor) etc. So i do believe that she wouldnt have explained to him.

He would not be so confused otherwise, even if he found the explaination to be unfair, untruthful, he wouldnt keep asking and he wouldnt keep telling me 'i dont understand'

Im not gonna rip this womans face off, but i would like an explaination from her side as to what happened, and to voice my concerns over this method, for my child with special needs. Making a confused upset child with autism sit on a silver seat with his bully with no supervision for close to 50 mins because another brat said so, is just insane.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Also, even if during reading groups, he didnt do his work, or whatever... Its not upto a child to discipline? And the duration is an insane ammount of time! And evennthen... A simple talking to each group leader as to why they chose those children, then pulling those children aside and saying "you miss out on lunch because of such n such" is surely the way to go.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (06-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    Smartiecat, i suppose that could be a possibility, like i said im not one to believe my child (or any child for that matter) is perfect.

However, he said that when he questioned the teacher it was while they were eating (before the bell was to go for playtime) that she insisted he sit down to eat. The bell went and she told the students who's name was on the board to sit onnthe silver seats.

Ds said the teacher then hurried off asnshe has playground duty.

When it was class time again, he again asked her, she said he needed to go back to his desk.

I have witnessed the teacher (i have done parent helper mornings first term) seen her dismiss kids that appear to be bothering her at times when she is busy, refuing answer and telling them where they should be at the time (at the desk, reading, on the floor) etc. So i do believe that she wouldnt have explained to him.

He would not be so confused otherwise, even if he found the explaination to be unfair, untruthful, he wouldnt keep asking and he wouldnt keep telling me 'i dont understand'

Im not gonna rip this womans face off, but i would like an explaination from her side as to what happened, and to voice my concerns over this method, for my child with special needs. Making a confused upset child with autism sit on a silver seat with his bully with no supervision for close to 50 mins because another brat said so, is just insane.
    Wasnt trying to upset you or imply your son wasn't truthful ... The system is ludicrous and leaves itself open to abuse.

Good luck with the teacher in the morning

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oh i do NOT like that idea at ALL i would be marching straight to the principle over that, Not like it at ALL.

Of course kids are kids if they dont like someone there going to put there name on the board. Pluss your son should NOT be punished for his autism that would be like punishing my daughter for not eating ( she has intestinal failure and a feeding tube )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Smartiecat, no no, im sorry i reread my post, i went off on a tangeant that wasnt aimed at you at all. Sorry

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't see how a year two student can ascertain who needs to be punished and who doesn't?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It does seem unfair and not very logical. Sometimes in classrooms students have activities where they are learning to monitor group behaviour but this should always be done closely supervised to ensure honesty and fairness (clearly something children need help with at times).

I would explain to the teacher exactly what you've said here and go over your concerns regarding this particular approach not being suitable for your son. Teachers need this sort of feedback otherwise they are not aware of these types of issues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Serious? I cant even entertain the idea of a 7-8 year old being in charge of punishments, considering kids can be so freaking cruel and spiteful depending on who is in the "it" club on the day!

Ive never heard of it, that sucks! Definitely speak to the school about it!

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This is one of the most silliest thing iv heard, who made up this stupid rule??? Ild def be telling who ever is in charge and putting my angry face on. I just recently had to at our daycare as my DS who is 3 was coming home in wee pants and it smelt old. And I also noticed his bedding smelt like it to. They all say no he never wet him self while sleeping. I know better an told them to put a nappy on him while his nappy and you wouldn't be able to guess what happened next... He came home dry... They still deny it. Idiots.