+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Pelvic/Groin Pain

I'm 34 weeks tomorrow and for the last 3 days I've been getting pain in my groin/pelvis. Like I've been riding a horse or had some really long hard s.ex (Sorry! )
    Is this normal? What is it? I assumed it was either baby starting to engage or everything starting to separate/loosen?

It's starting to get quite bad, I have to sit down gently!

Thanks
    Reviews
    it's your joints and ligaments starting to relax. nothing to worry about just take it easy. hope your last 6 weeks go smoothly

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Newmum2012 For This Useful Post:

Sarelou  (06-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had this for a few weeks now and I'm 30 weeks. It's a combination of the loosening of your joints and ligaments and the pressure as baby grows. I'm also experiencing swelling down there too which makes me waddle really badly!

And as bubs moves further down into your pelvis, the feeling will probably intensify.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sakorsha For This Useful Post:

Sarelou  (06-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies. Oh well as much as it hurts I guess its a good sign that things are going as they should!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh you poor thing.....

I had public symphysis from around 24 weeks (2nd bub). I had weekly accupuncture sessions from 35 weeks or so, which really helped with the pain. I kicked myself for not going earlier. Other friends due around the same time went to a physio, though I personally found accupuncture to be really helpful - for a few days post treatment I would have no pain at all, but at first it would come back before the next session, though progressively got better over the weeks, especially once I went on maternity leave and I wasn't sitting at a desk 7 hours a day. By the time I was due I had no pain in that area at all and I was walking normally (not like the duck I so frequently resembled!).

After I had DS2 5 weeks ago the midwife discovered that I had significant ab separation (one and a half hands), and as such the pelvic pain came back straight after the baby was born and I still have it to some degree now, though through exercise alone this is getting better. I haven't been able to see my lovely accupuncturist yet!

I know accupuncture isn't for everyone, but it certainly helped me with this and in getting my body ready for birth (including a very successful induction treatment). You don't have to live with the pain for a other 6 weeks - finding a treatment that works for you is definitely worth it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Angiebear74 For This Useful Post:

Sarelou  (06-08-2012)