+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Most changes were ones my body dictated. I didn't want to drink or smoke (I would have stopped smoking regardless and cut down on drinking, but my body had already said "no thanks")
    When i was at the stage you're at, OP, I was still doing everything as normal, I was just as active and eating normal foods (except I cut out soft cheeses like brie and deli meats without heating first, and was cautious about sushi). Then my symtoms kicked in and I had to alter my diet to things that didn't make me too sick, i was too tired to do anything at all let alone go for a run (I went for my last run at about 6.5 weeks). I also got an aversion to coffee so that was out too. I switched to tea, which i could stomach.

Lots of people manage to keep going business as usual, but lots also find the first trimester very debilitating, and it can kick in at any time, so don't beat yourself up if next week you absolutely cannot get out of bed and only want to eat hot chips.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im not much of a drinker and didnt like coffee pre-DS so apart from live in a toilet bowl or sink throwing up and eating as many potatoes as i craved and sleeping all weekend.... absolutely nothing!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lili81 View Post
    What do you mean you the water? what do you usually drink?
    Nothing really. Maybe 1 or 2 cans of pepsi max, or a dare iced coffee. I eat lots of cucumber and carrot sticks, I figure I must just absorb water through them. I never really got thirsty before I was pregnant. (the pepsi max is gone now I'm pregnant)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Lots of people manage to keep going business as usual, but lots also find the first trimester very debilitating, and it can kick in at any time, so don't beat yourself up if next week you absolutely cannot get out of bed and only want to eat hot chips.
    Thanks for the advice FearlessLeader! I better enjoy my runs while I can, I didn't realize I might have to stop them so soon
    Although if I do get more symptoms maybe it will make me feel more pregnant IYKWIM

Thanks
    Reviews
    How good is reformer Pilates hey?! I love it! Do you fing the classes you are doing from that website as effective?

Eating wise I keep eating as per normal, even soft cheeses and pate (I won't buy them but eat it when invited to diner and they are on my plate lol). I just avoid sushi and the like as I don't trust their freshness ;-)
    I LOVED reformer Pilates, it did take a bit of getting used to after three years of regular floor Pilates. I found it so much more intense and I really liked being in smaller classes where you everyone got ample attention from the instructor.
    The classes are OK, I am doing the second trimester one now and feel that they could be a little bit more intense although I usually just add to it with push ups, squats etc. It is more about having the motivation to do it…

We are about to move to the USA so it is an interim thing, I am hoping to find some group sessions of pregnancy Pilates and yoga, in the hope of meeting some new people too (starting to get nervous).
    I must admit that I have also been eating from the ‘no go’ list of foods if I know that it is fresh and hasn’t been sitting out too long! Agree with sushi - haven't touched it although I wasn't a huge fan before.
    So much to look forward too! Congratulations again

Thanks
    Reviews
    I stopped drinking alcohol, stopped eating deli meats, sundaes, soft cheese etc. I exercised the same until about 14 weeks when I stopped doing abs. Reduced coffee/tea to 1-2 per day.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I vomited more and wanted to sleep more, that's about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had to stop my pain meds which was horrible. I wanted to stop them all at once, but knew I would get bad withdrawal symptoms, so I was forced to slowly cut down while knowing that rubbish was still getting through to DS

Other than that, I started to eat more as I was a terrible eater before getting pregnant and started taking Blackmores pregnancy and breastfeeding vitamins.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thanks for the advice FearlessLeader! I better enjoy my runs while I can, I didn't realize I might have to stop them so soon
    Although if I do get more symptoms maybe it will make me feel more pregnant IYKWIM
    You never know, you could be fine to run for ages I miss it so much though, sometimes I just sit around listening to my running playlists on my ipod, LOL. I'm 23 weeks now and have been swimming twice a week instead if going for a run since I was about 16 weeks and feeling heaps better.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Taking pregnancy vitamins, dropped my two hour daily speed walk to a two hour moderate walk, dropped my hour's run to half an hour's light jog, sleeping when I feel tired instead of forcing myself to 10pm, eating seeds and nuts instead of M & M's when I feel 'snacky'.
    I've also lowered the heat of the shower, not eating canned or takeaway anything, and I'm not using my electric blanket anymore.

DH takes the dogs out in the morning, as the morning greeting contains a lot of leaping, running, nudging, and general tom-foolery. I don't feel like surrounding my newly-precious body with roughly 250 kilos worth of leaping dogs.