+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default What do you do differently in your 1st trimester?

Hi all!

Just curious and wondering if you have changed anything in your life, behaviors, eating patterns, exercise, etc since you had your BFP?

I have only change two things : a lot less wine and I swapped my morning long black for a skinny hot chocolate. I still have coffees here and there though...
    Exercise the same, eat the same.

Cheers
    Lili

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess it depends on how far you want to go with it all. I stopped drinking coffee but I never had much anyway so don't miss it. Stopped drinking alcohol when we were trying to conceive and haven't had any since, just made a conscious effort to eat a mixed variety of fruit and veg for all the nutrients and good stuff and took the normal vitamins I'd started when we were trying to conceive. I lacked energy in the first trimester though so didn't exercise as much as I was when were were trying to conceive. Stopped hanging around friends when they smoke, if they smoke they'd go outside and I'd wait for them instead of going out with them for a chat while they puffed away.

Can't remember what else!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I stopped smoking and drinking immediately and started making a conscious effort to eat more fruit and veggies, all I wanted in the first 3 months was cold oranges : )

one thing I have learnt is that it's not just the first trimester which is important for food/health/exercise it's the entire pregnancy I was shocked at the development that goes on in the later stages. good excuse to be healthy : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Newmum2012 View Post
    one thing I have learnt is that it's not just the first trimester which is important for food/health/exercise it's the entire pregnancy
    I have heard many times to keep going as normal for first trimester but alter exercise regimen a little after that.
    For instance I'm still doing abs work everyday at the moment but might swap to different exercises when I am further along - same with my runs, not sure how long I will be able to keep it up for

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Newmum2012 View Post
    I stopped smoking and drinking immediately and started making a conscious effort to eat more fruit and veggies, all I wanted in the first 3 months was cold oranges : )

one thing I have learnt is that it's not just the first trimester which is important for food/health/exercise it's the entire pregnancy I was shocked at the development that goes on in the later stages. good excuse to be healthy : )
    Omg that's what I wanted! I couldn't get enough cold oranges, DH thought I was nuts but I had to keep them in the fridge.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I cut right back on coffee. Also started drinking more water which sucks cause I hate water. Don't drink or smoke or anything so they weren't problematic.
    Started eating more red meat too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    What do you mean you the water? what do you usually drink?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stopped drinking alcohol – I would usually have one or two glasses of wine with dinner every night... I don't miss it and haven't felt like it.
    Stopped drinking coffee – I would have one in the mornings with my colleague, nothing on weekends.
    I became so much more aware of what I was eating and when. I had terrible morning sickness and lost 4kg in my first trimester (64kg down to 60kg). I have put on 1kg so up to 61kg now. Eating a balanced diet (similar to before) minus pate and deli meats etc.
    Started doing pregnancy Pilates twice a week (downloaded classes from a website) and stopped doing reformer Pilates (I was only going once a week and had run out of sessions anyway) and continued walking for exercise as I had been doing before.
    Started taking pre-natal vitamins - I found out when I was 5 weeks (I thought I had an un-explained virus that was making me so sick I could have been a patient on house it was so bizzare, nope, just pregnant )
    Oh and got really excited about becoming a Mummy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    I cut right back on coffee. Also started drinking more water which sucks cause I hate water. Don't drink or smoke or anything so they weren't problematic.
    Started eating more red meat too.
    Me too with the water. I never drink water on is own unless during the night and even then it's rare.
    Stopped alcohol and followed most guidelines regarding "safe" foods.
    Started eating fibre cereal for breakfast to help with constipation and swapped to decaf tea..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by michellead View Post
    Started doing pregnancy Pilates twice a week (downloaded classes from a website) and stopped doing reformer Pilates (I was only going once a week and had run out of sessions anyway)
    How good is reformer Pilates hey?! I love it! Do you fing the classes you are doing from that website as effective?

Eating wise I keep eating as per normal, even soft cheeses and pate (I won't buy them but eat it when invited to diner and they are on my plate lol). I just avoid sushi and the like as I don't trust their freshness ;-)